Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
Just now, Dexter said:

What showers? We have had continuous snow since at least as far back as 3AM!

Me too, but it looks like showers on the radar and there are certainly bigger shower like echos on display.

Light snow almost covers most of central england joining the band from Storm Emma.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters
Just now, Day 10 said:

Mate, they both live in a much better place than we do. I'm sure they would be as frustrated as we are if they lived here too.

Im not frustrated. I dont mind i like the insanely comd weather aswell as snow. I have seen a few posts from jay in here and there all sort of gloating but like i said they might not have been gloating. Im just sure I haven’t “threw toys out of pram before” which is why i don’t understand why @cfallon said i have habit of it lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Latest further outlook; no downgrade. 

UK Outlook for Monday 5 Mar 2018 to Wednesday 14 Mar 2018:

Further rain, sleet or snow is expected into the early part of next week, as an area of low pressure moves north across the UK with showers following. Northern parts are likely to see the snow, whereas rain or sleet is more likely further south. It will stay very cold, with brisk winds in the north. During the following week, and into mid-March it is likely to stay cold in the north, but temperatures could return nearer normal in the south, making it less cold here than recent days. It is likely to be unsettled through the week, with rain and strong winds across the country, perhaps turning to snow across central and northern parts. The best chance of drier conditions will be in the far north and northwest.

UK Outlook for Thursday 15 Mar 2018 to Thursday 29 Mar 2018:

The easterly wind is likely to persist, with colder than average conditions in the north, but it may be a little milder at times in the south and southwest of the UK. There will continue to be a risk of snow across some central and northern areas, but in the far north and northwest it should be drier. Frost and ice will continue to be widespread and severe in places. As we head towards the middle of March it may turn more unsettled and less cold with milder and wetter weather spreading up from the south or southwest. This may lead to further significant snow in places although this remains very uncertain. Northern areas may hang on to the colder weather well into March.

Updated: 02:51 on Thu 1 Mar 2018 GMT

So we should get some fronts eventually; I reckon will probably be just on the right side of the airmass boundary. 
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
4 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

Me too, but it looks like showers on the radar and there are certainly bigger shower like echos on display.

Light snow almost covers most of central england joining the band from Storm Emma.

I know, was just being sarcastic. Get what you say. Metoffice video forecast shows the showers continuing to stream in into this evening. Will they actually die out completely?

Posted
7 minutes ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

Im not frustrated. I dont mind i like the insanely comd weather aswell as snow. I have seen a few posts from jay in here and there all sort of gloating but like i said they might not have been gloating. Im just sure I haven’t “threw toys out of pram before” which is why i don’t understand why @cfallon said i have habit of it lol.

You still going on about it? If he wants to gloat about snow he can do. Relax yourself 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Wind starting to pick up a bit. 

Posted

Ok you can stop now. Spent an hour sorting out my dads condensate pipe which is in the most exposed corner of his house! Now Home and can’t see out of the windows for drifting and falling snow. Nice day with best mate in Manchester cancelled as too dangerous to drive even with 4x4. Very pretty to look at but it’s the wind!

Posted
Just now, shadowfax said:

Ok you can stop now. Spent an hour sorting out my dads condensate pipe which is in the most exposed corner of his house! Now Home and can’t see out of the windows for drifting and falling snow. Nice day with best mate in Manchester cancelled as too dangerous to drive even with 4x4. Very pretty to look at but it’s the wind!

Enjoy it....won’t be long before we are all back on here wishing for more if it ?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

South Manchester snow shield still maxed out with just the odd snow flurry.

Terrible location for snow yet somehow the rain has no issues.

At least there is a dusting and it looks suitably wintry.

Everyone else enjoy your unexpected snow bonus. (MetO nowhere on this spell really)  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The snow band is reaching Birmingham now

Posted
1 minute ago, cfallon said:

Enjoy it....won’t be long before we are all back on here wishing for more if it ?

My Dad is 84 and lives higher up than me so even getting to his is horrendous. The garden is now buried under massive drifts and it’s still snowing. Need to ring up and cancel my Spa afternoon- don’t think we would get there!

Posted
1 minute ago, raul_sbd said:

Band on the radar pushing up north in about 2-3h anyone?

No idea - that band seems much further north than forecasts indicated

Posted
1 minute ago, shadowfax said:

My Dad is 84 and lives higher up than me so even getting to his is horrendous. The garden is now buried under massive drifts and it’s still snowing. Need to ring up and cancel my Spa afternoon- don’t think we would get there!

It’s just relentless isn’t it! Hopefully you can get upto him and check on him, important we check on the elderly 

Posted

Metoffice are now hoeing it staying cold to Tuesday, with temps recovering to only 5c by Tuesday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
4 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

Sun trying to break through here.

Yes, it brightened here temporarily a while ago, and seemed like the sun would break through. Now it has gone dark again. Snow continuing to pile down.

Posted
8 minutes ago, raul_sbd said:

Band on the radar pushing up north in about 2-3h anyone?

On the rain today radar the snow showers which are moving east seem to start moving North instead in about an hour. Not sure if its a glitch or its a consequence of the system moving up from the South. Maybe the band is pushing further North than expected?

Just seen on the news that Ireland is effectively shutting down from mid day today with all transport stopping and people being advised to stay indoors for 24 hours. If only it was a hundred miles or so further West!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Drifts

IMG_1610.JPG

IMG_1611.JPG

IMG_1612.JPG

You get heating and electric sorted mate?