Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted

Snowing bit heavier not nice driving in this with the strong wind, glad I am on the bus

Posted

Another snow day here with majority of schools closed today. Total whiteout

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

No more snow overnight and the dusting we had has mostly blown away. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Snowing here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Another dusting, another 4mm, zilch at work, cant believe we didnt even manage 1cm whilst the Carlisle and the NE are recording depths of 1ft, give me a break.

Posted

Got a decent covering. Colleagues have called work already to say they can't get in. I live on a main road which has been gritted so I have to go sadly.

but this is my back garden...still snowing also. 

IMG_1025.JPG

• Like 1

Posted

The precip this morning seems way more widespread than what the BBC were hinting at last night. They said eastern Scotland would have snow, and the SW do the UK today, but most of England has snow too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

OMG!! By looking at the radar it seems theres persistent snow coming over!! 

They should really give us a amber warning now!! I think its gettting worse!! (better for me wink wink) :D

Posted

I’ve always lived too far west to be properly affected by easterlies and have always viewed them as something for southerners to get excited about and a poor relation to a northerly. But after this I’m going to be a fully signed up member of the easterly fan club. It’s snowed for 3 consecutive nights, on and off for the last 36 hours, in very low temperatures giving 7 or 8 inches of powder snow. Moving east was a good move! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
Just now, pip22 said:

They should really give us a amber warning now!! I think its gettting worse!! (better for me wink wink) :D

It has been there since 4.30am and it is moving our way, but dieing out as it does (currently light snow in Manchester since 5am,), wish the ppn would retain some of its oomph as it is a persistent band of snow moving quite slowly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The radar on Weather Pro looks brilliant this morning all this on the est finish with us..:)

E9F253CF-17FD-41F6-9C8D-72988BEDBFCE.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm sunny summers

What a start to spring!

Snow on and off all night under a steady streamer from the east, another 2 inches has fallen on top of the 5 inches yesterday.

Temperature -5c and outside it looks like Lapland.

Andy

Posted

Morning all, what a lovely sight to wake up to again, is snowing pretty well here in Salford, 3rd day of (laying!) snow, looks lovely. It seems I couldn't have picked a better week to have off work, had a day out in North Wales with my parents yesterday and it was stunning when we drove through the hills!

I think a day of playing Elite Dangerous in the warmth is in order today!! :D

Edited by griff74

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Looks like band to south is intensifying that to our east

• Like 2

Posted

Fire lit, not going out at all, blizzard, massive drifting.... 2-3ft drifts here.... really can’t tell with this wind being so strong if it’s snowing/blowing snow.... just wow....

• Like 3

Posted
12 minutes ago, pip22 said:

Yes looking at the radar a large mass of precipitation to the east, not showers, doesn't look especially heavy but would give continuous snowfall to many if it makes landfall over NW, but could easily break up. Don't think the forecasts are right today. 

Attention turning to tomorrow evening and overnight into Saturday, widespread snowfall for whole region moving north, will mean many will awake to a fresh cover Sat morning, how much who knows..

Currently snowing light here, just giving a dusting. We didn't get any fresh snowfall overnight - a pity, looked decent, but they all just fizzled.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
2 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Fire lit, not going out at all, blizzard, massive drifting.... 2-3ft drifts here.... really can’t tell with this wind being so strong if it’s snowing/blowing snow.... just wow....

Just normal for you then. 

Posted
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

Confused with the 6am BBC forecast.

it shows today’s system not reaching this far north before heading towards Ireland with us remaining dry.

but then it had a big area of snow across us on Saturday although nothing mentioned.

Storm 'Emma' will bring in a number of fronts from the south, the first one is anchoring NW away from us moving through Wales tomorrow, it is the second frontal system due later Friday and Sat which is set to move more north and through the region and could stall before being caught up by another on Sunday..

• Like 3

Posted

I can confirm that the belt is building over me as moving up (Audley, North Staffs). Woke up to light snow and a howling wind but it;s getting heavier and heavier. It seems the approaching belt is either intensifying what we have or just building on top of us. Bodes well for later! The view from my house is amazing! Seeing it blow everywhere, the trees all misty is the distance. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
10 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Well pop down from your mountain and I can show you want concrete looks like.

C.S