Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted

One word and that word is EPIC!!

Must have snowed again over night, large drifts in the howling wind.

Have i woke up somewhere else ?? :yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted

Woken by the howling wind, so much snow in the air difficult to know whether its drifting or actually snowing at the moment, walking the dogs this morning could be exciting especially for the little one who was struggling with the drifts last night, could totally vanish into them today.  Need to go back to bed for a few hours now!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Yes, insane conditions with horizontal snow and major drifting. I would estimate level depth of 4-5 inches with huge variation around this! Best event for ages.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Full blizzard conditions in Bacup at the moment.

i’m not sure how much more snow has fallen overnight as it’s just blowing into drifts but it’s certainly the best effort since March 2013 with the added bonus of much colder temperatures.

could be an interesting journey down the valley to work.

• Like 3

Posted

Little disappointed overall here, looking at a few graphics I'm located right between the two bands of snow. Still better than recent winters and I was caught in one epic white out yesterday afternoon so can't really complain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
1 minute ago, iand61 said:

Full blizzard conditions in Bacup at the moment.

i’m not sure how much more snow has fallen overnight as it’s just blowing into drifts but it’s certainly the best effort since March 2013 with the added bonus of much colder temperatures.

could be an interesting journey down the valley to work.

Yes, the best thing is it is expected to be largely cloudy with sub zero temps for the next couple of days so there should be little loss of snow before the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
Just now, Dexter said:

Yes, the best thing is it is expected to be largely cloudy with sub zero temps for the next couple of days so there should be little loss of snow before the weekend.

And hopefully that system down south heading this way and then stalling right over our region before a reload a day later.

Sorry but i’m being greedy now.

• Like 2

Posted

Howling wind and falling snow this morning. Not sure when it started we missed those showers last night and it was clear sky at 3am. Nice depth of snow although is drifting and blowing a lot.

• Like 1

Posted

Confused with the 6am BBC forecast.

it shows today’s system not reaching this far north before heading towards Ireland with us remaining dry.

but then it had a big area of snow across us on Saturday although nothing mentioned.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards-Winter-Storms-Raging Seas-Thunderstorms

Good morning.:hi:

Nothing much happening.Blackpool.:nonono:

Looking at the Radar close but not close enough.

Looks like Preston maybe and Manchester and other areas of the Northwest yes.

According to the Radar.

Full moon, freezing cold only thing missing is the howling of a wolf.:rofl:

As usual enjoying your posts.

For some the Snow Machine is in full flow across many parts of the country.

As iand61 said big front crossing the region according to the BBC Saturday.:yahoo:

We will see.

Edited by Blowingsand
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Really organised band coming over shortly 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Not sure whats gonna happen over next days. Theres talk that ecm and other models have todsys forcast wrong from start so will be wrong in end. Apparently hirlam is looking dominant for today and that looks good so nowcasting is the way fkrward today.

• Like 1

Posted

Snowed on and off all night here in a very strong wind, looks like the arctic outside! Isolated farms in the Pennines must be pretty close to cut off now. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

Not sure whats gonna happen over next days. Theres talk that ecm and other models have todsys forcast wrong from start so will be wrong in end. Apparently hirlam is looking dominant for today and that looks good so nowcasting is the way fkrward today.

Just checked radar and you had the same showers as me last night. I live 2 mins from you, how have you got 5cm fresh snow?! There’s  dusting here. It’s all been blown everywhere 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters
3 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

Just checked radar and you had the same showers as me last night. I live 2 mins from you, how have you got 5cm fresh snow?! There’s  dusting here. It’s all been blown everywhere 

Remember that time tou got few inches of snow and i got none? Also just been out and we got kess that thought. Not as much as other morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
1 hour ago, Darren Bown said:

IT looks like there has been a significant difference between the east and west of the region. Showers had died out as they’ve crossed as it doesn’t look like any more snow has fallen here. Wind is howling.

metoffice for here only has a spell of snow forecast tonight around midnight with that being it until next week, when it’s milder! Could be that the west of NW England and Cumbria could be the areas with the least snow in the whole country from this, unless things change.

Yes. The updated Meto warnings have Yellows and Ambers all around us. No big deal. It's been interesting watching the showers pile through with temp blizzards at times but no totals. I wouldn't say it's a non event but getting close. Usual Fylde coastal fair a shame from such an extreme Easterly.  Saying that lots of Spindrift blowing around on the brisk wind radar looks full of streamers for the Northwest 

• Like 3

Posted
15 minutes ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

Not sure whats gonna happen over next days. Theres talk that ecm and other models have todsys forcast wrong from start so will be wrong in end. Apparently hirlam is looking dominant for today and that looks good so nowcasting is the way fkrward today

Edited by Backtrack
Delete please

Posted
8 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

It's a standing wave, it's not really moving. I think the bottom end of it is pushing slowly northwards. Very odd looking.

There’s energy 100% pushing westwards though. It’s snowing here and not very lightly. Radar has been very inaccurate past couple of days 

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Thunder Snow said:

snow on and off all night :yahoo::yahoo:

Same here, but we've still only got a couple of cms.

Posted

Continuous light flakes blowing in the wind...looking at the radar if it was rain, it would probably be heavy drizzle...luckily it's all snow.