Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Been snowing for about 6 hrs and put down about 2cm ☹️❄️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Continous snow for over an hour here now. Where we’ve cleared the path earlier there’s now 3 inches. In places now getting up to 8 inches.

Im too buzzed to sleep atm!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, James M said:

Continous snow for over an hour here now. Where we’ve cleared the path earlier there’s now 3 inches. In places now getting up to 8 inches.

Same here im hoping for a snow day tommorow so i dont have to get through work with matchsticks in my eyes each time i think maybr i shoulf go bed a big green blob hits and i get all awake again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 minute ago, James M said:

My god. 

Big difference between Chorley and your area

Posted
6 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

measured it about 2 hours ago and it was 4mm, probably 5mm now, its been very light for the last 2 hours after getting a couple of short moderate bursts initially.

Are you kidding me bad luck mate :( :(. However i know your pain, im still shocked ive got what ive got. Clear skies and nearly down to -7

Posted

Only light snow now and looking at the radar the streamer has slowly edged a bit further north.

There is some more activity further east so may continue to get flurries on and off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves
34 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

unfortunately not as good as other parts - your in a yellow for Friday but I think nearer the time the NW might get taken out of the warning, your in one of the few places right now that isn't in a warning, ive never ever seen the UK plastered in so many weather warnings before.

Chris fawkes dosent seem to think so...he has said the northwest should do ok fri night saturday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Gritters just gone past here. It has to be bad here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Looks like dying back now for my area. Well it’s been a fantastic snowy day, not expecting anymore to reach us from the system tomorrow/Friday but it will be a bonus if it does.

Now time for sleep!

Edited by James M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Been snowing quite heavy for hours now! Just piddly Little's bits all day and bitter winds got a good covering anyway, bloody would do, I had to go out in freezing cold today emergency appointment, got an infected finger! Red raw, burning and so painful , will teach me to bite my nails!! Lol the doc said I need to get my ring off just incase my finger gets any worse, I said I need tomcool my hand down, he said ' you could always put your hand in the snow' he said I've wanted to say that for a long time, I said 'what put your hand in the snow' he said no I'm just labelling the point we have snow!! ?I said no way not sticking my finger in yellow snow ?❄️❄️ Anyway antibiotic cream first and then oral antibiotics if that doesn't work, I'm in bloody Agony. Still on a happier note I'm watching the snow on the cctv!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

The snow continues and the wind is causing big drifts. Here we are on day 4 of the BFTE. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Just woke up and looked out the window. Snow still coming down in cascades and drifting occuring in the wind 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
4 hours ago, chicken soup said:

Chris fawkes dosent seem to think so...he has said the northwest should do ok fri night saturday.

The whole of the NW?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves
1 minute ago, feb1991blizzard said:

The whole of the NW?

Blimey thought i was the only nutter up at this time ...lol.....day10 posted his tweet earlier he just said northwest.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Sprinkling in Salwick. Not amounting to any total. Looks a real ice box out there 

Posted

Radar is just a tapestry of joined up blobs out to the North Sea. Seems a bit pointless checking it atm as every frame is almost identical!

Posted

Seriously heavy snow and visibility reduced again with orange sky.

Posted

Something woke me up & it might have been the howling wind.  Unbelievably bitter out there, and more snow has left everything looking quite alpine.  The snow is mostly light, but persistent.

Posted

IT looks like there has been a significant difference between the east and west of the region. Showers had died out as they’ve crossed as it doesn’t look like any more snow has fallen here. Wind is howling.

metoffice for here only has a spell of snow forecast tonight around midnight with that being it until next week, when it’s milder! Could be that the west of NW England and Cumbria could be the areas with the least snow in the whole country from this, unless things change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters
Just now, Darren Bown said:

IT looks like there has been a significant difference between the east and west of the region. Showers had died out as they’ve crossed as it doesn’t look like any more snow has fallen here. Wind is howling.

metoffice for here only has a spell of snow forecast tonight around midnight with that being it until next week, when it’s milder! Could be that the west of NW England and Cumbria could be the areas with the least snow in the whole country from this, unless things change.

It has here!! Winter wonderland! Went to bed at 2130 and we have about 2” snow on ground

Posted

Latest guy on radio says the Beast from the East is going to win out from the Pest from the South West (storm Emma)...and the north will keep the colder air. Hope so...I want to check out some walking in the Scandinavian parts of Oldham at the weekend lol

Posted
2 minutes ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

It has here!! Winter wonderland! Went to bed at 2130 and we have about 2” snow on ground

Big difference to here. Only a covering on pavements, maybe 1cm?