Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Looking good out east, hopefully a nice top up coming. :smile: 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Snow showers on and off pretty much all day not as heavy as this morning, a slight break for a time this afternoon and it’s now snowing again ? no thaw whatsoever - MAX temp around minus 3 ! Very very cold... currently minus 5. 

Edited by DisruptiveGust
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Seen a tweet from Chris Fawkes saying he can see a possible extension eastward of the Amber warning for tomorrow so that would indicate a possible eastern shift of the low which is good news to the Southwest of the region to start with. Maybe the HIRLAM & the GFS to a certain extent have a slightly better handle on the track.

The good news is the track still isn't quite decided yet so a small shift east would make a big difference to the south of the region who have largely missed out.

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 2

Posted

It’s been an amazing day today. Not had snow like this that bites into your face and a lazy wind whipping up drifts across the main road and snow that’s falls at 3” in an hour since the 80s. This is why I love a proper easterly. Also great that it brought out the community spirit round here, the road was kept clear by a guy with a snowplough on his Land Rover and the footpaths were cleared and gritted and young folks pushed cars out of trouble and I stood and watched the snow in awe over a pint in the pub with other folks reminiscing!

• Like 3

Posted

Looks like we're reaching peak cold now, it would be nice to greet this siberian present with another spell of puff-powder wintriness, and a band of showers appear to be on the march from the East..... Go West they say....and they are.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
15 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

The older bro given up on getting the bus from Stockport as nothing is moving too fast along the A6 up to Hazel Grove, as also being reported by the MEN. It reminds me of the time when I was working apprenticeship at Manchester Airport and one winter's evening took 7hr to get through Stockport, Hazel Grove, Disley and back home when it would normally take around a hour. 

stockport-delays.thumb.jpg.98439c16a9d217a19625655b5ef2316e.jpg

You know it's been a decent cold spell when even Stockport gets a covering. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters
1 minute ago, Day 10 said:

Seen a tweet from Chris Fawkes saying he can see a possible extension eastward of the Amber warning for tomorrow so that would indicate a possible eastern shift of the low which is good news to the Southwest of the region to start with. Maybe the HIRLAM & the GFS to a certain extent have a slightly better handle on the track.

Heah it was to cover london due to sensitive traffic network

Posted
6 minutes ago, robbo88 said:

I wanted to be a geek and measure how deep the snow is imby but I had nothing to measure it with apart from an old pair of my hairdressing scissors which are 5 & a half inches length. 

IMG_1020.JPG

IMG_1019.JPG

A true geek always has a ruler!

• Like 1

Posted

We radar got some more coming down the M62 - about 7pm, hope they can keep their intensity, that last one was ace, big flakes and blizzard like

I'm about 3 miles from the airport and thats a hell of low dew point

I'm sticking with Stafford as the North bound extend of the first push

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Day 10 said:

1 minute ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

Heah it was to cover london due to sensitive traffic network

Yes, so if it's to cover London to expect 2-3 inches then the track must be slightly further east, which is good for us further north as the HIRLAM had it further northwest along with the latest GFS just skirting our coastline.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters

Had some really heavy snow a little while ago got a good 5 or 6cm now. Hope Moki and everyone else joins in on the fun :D

IMG_20180228_172152.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Interesting from GFS 12z next weekend predicting snow again

Should arrive in the NW around 6pm

NW.JPG

its arrived now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
6 minutes ago, DisruptiveGust said:

Snow showers on and off pretty much all day not as heavy as this morning, a slight break for a time this afternoon and it’s now snowing again ? no thaw whatsoever - MAX temp around minus 3 ! Very very cold... currently minus 5. 

Unreal, think Carlisle was the hardest hit in the whole of the NW region, how much did you end up with?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters
5 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Yes, so if it's to cover London to expect 2-3 inches then the track must be slightly further east, which is good for us further north as the HIRLAM had it further northwest along with the latest GFS just skirting our coastline.

Aahhh brilliant!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The showers about to hit Blackburn now hopefully it will stay intact to give us some covering.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Not even dark yet and it's already -2.9C

• Like 1

Posted

-6.2'c here currently :cold-emoji: I would think that Cheshire/Shrops has a good chance of getting at or below -10'c somewhere by tomorrow morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Been radar watching all day but the showers keep losing their mojo before the get to us!! We do have a nice covering but that’s all. Be nice to get a bit more off this incoming band 

Posted
14 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Unreal, think Carlisle was the hardest hit in the whole of the NW region, how much did you end up with?

snow has stopped now marra slight thaw this afternoon hust below a foot so cant complain most sniw ive ever seen. Not hopful for anymore hope you see some tho mate

• Like 1

Posted

Something weird is happening with the rain today radar. It was showing loads of showers going to hit Manchester about now and then suddenly they all totally disappeared :wallbash:

I dont know if it was faulty when it was showing the showers and now its correct or it was correct and its just developed a fault :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

-4.3C and it’s 6pm, Jesus. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Huge radar returns over Knottingley.