Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

image.thumb.png.ab5ee91261016828b9a312ef3993d9c5.pngThe area in red is developing in response to the kink as seen on the sat

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Had Worse said:

image.thumb.png.ab5ee91261016828b9a312ef3993d9c5.pngThe area in red is developing in response to the kink as seen on the sat

It looks a bit too far north at the moment. Might just touch the southern tip.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

First the Blob now the Kink!

Kinkgate is underway! lol

Posted

Just come back from Buxton after showing up at today's job only to find out noone else bothered showing up :cc_confused: the good side of it though was being able to be in the middle of a complete whiteout towards Dove Holes with visibility only down to a handful of meters, even the bus driver was getting wary of it. Traffic queuing up from the roundabout to the top-end of the Golf Course with plenty of lorries and cars abandoned on the side roads, managed to catch the bus back home with no problems other than a 30min wait for the A6 traffic to clear itself and now it's soup time.

• Like 2

Posted
44 minutes ago, karyo said:

Yes, very poor once again.

Im not sure its poor from the meto, you could argue its poor that humanity has is not advanced enough to precisely pinpoint these things, but its a bit harsh to hold the meto account on that, the science is where it is, we just dont know enough to be that precise. Unless Im missing something and other people/organistions are capable of getting these things spot on?

Posted
2 minutes ago, chris78 said:

Im not sure its poor from the meto, you could argue its poor that humanity has is not advanced enough to precisely pinpoint these things, but its a bit harsh to hold the meto account on that, the science is where it is, we just dont know enough to be that precise. Unless Im missing something and other people/organistions are capable of getting these things spot on?

This is a warning they released today for today's streamer! Some better accuracy should be expected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
2 minutes ago, Thunder Snow said:

anyone got a decent radar metoffice down and rain today 

Try Weather pro apk on Android or Ios.. brilliant radar.. the best.. then if you pay a couple of quid you get the suscription for 3 months that tell you predictions for the next 3h of radar and kind of precipitation.. @Joe Bloggs iss very happy with it and Weather pro is a Meteogroup wich is the new provider for BBC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters
Just now, Day 10 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather

Louise Lea really ramping things up ,10 to 20 meters of snow in Scotland!!! :rofl:

Saw that before. No wonder they get red warning!!

Posted
1 minute ago, Day 10 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather

Louise Lea really ramping things up ,10 to 20 meters of snow in Scotland!!! :rofl:

:laugh:

Hopeless, I'll never forget her huge gaffe when she was doing an outside broadcast for BBC Breakfast saying that ice (on a pond or moat) looks good for skating on. :shock:  Dermot Murnaghan had to then warn viewers not to venture out on ice on ponds etc. :oops:

Posted
19 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

I noticed this trough feature hours ago but no one acknowledged it :nonono:

Sorry  hadn’t seen it, but kudos for you! And hugs. ? I wasn’t being sarcastic by the way.

Edited by Darren Bown

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Well that's certainly the last time i get excited for a beasterley. Literally the only way to get significant snow here is when there's a battleground event, showers from the east get eaten up by the pennines and fells and the streamers always stay off the coast in NW'lys, awful.

2 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Well that's certainly the last time i get excited for a beasterley. Literally the only way to get significant snow here is when there's a battleground event, showers from the east get eaten up by the pennines and fells and the streamers always stay off the coast in NW'lys, awful.

Aye ,not  been a very interesting event ,roll on spring ...

Posted
4 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

The whole west coast of Lancashire/Cumbria is poor, I thought Preston was about as bad as it got,  but I think you may have an even more snowless spot up there.     I said yesterday, when you start think about all the factors that need to line up for snow here, and all the hindrances to that, its amazing we ever get any really.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
2 minutes ago, chris78 said:

The whole west coast of Lancashire/Cumbria is poor, I thought Preston was about as bad as it got,  but I think you may have an even more snowless spot up there.     I said yesterday, when you start think about all the factors that need to line up for snow here, and all the hindrances to that, its amazing we ever get any really.  

And quite true - Irish Sea to the Left - Bowland and the Pennines to the Right and flat as a pancake.