Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)
13 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Must be close to 1ft there? And back at your old house in Harrington there probably isn't anymore than 1cm, nearly all melted here now, absolutely sickening tbh, could cry.

Bad luck mate! Yep around 25cm in places! Can’t believe it like wasn’t expecting nearly as much! Just a dusting in Harrington apparently... 

Posted
Just now, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Guaranteed if that line of showers pasting Carlisle was on line with me instead, it would die before getting here as i seen yesterday and this morning, i knew this part of Cumbria was really bad for snow but now i realise its even worse than i thought! Honestly think its the most snowless part of NW region which is a crap region for snow anyways!?????????

The showers passing now are very light, im not expecting anymore now, bit i hope you see something soon 

Posted
4 minutes ago, pjpauly2k said:

Glad to hear people are getting some decent snow today, hope you enjoy! (although here in Liverpool I aint! ha). 

This is slightly changing the subject but I find it crazy that the Met office and BBC weather forecasts are so different for the potential snow on Thur/Fri! I know the BBC data now comes from a different source so slight differences are to be expected. However anyone watching the BBC forecast on TV for my location will be expecting heavy snow Thur night and into Friday! Whereas Met office are having none of it! What model are the BBC using now?

Here in Liverpool we had some decent (for us) snow yesterday from the "polar low". This was forecast quite well by the Met office (including their app) but the BBC said it would be further south. This leads me to think I may be trusting the Met forecasts more in future which is a shame as I always had quite a lot of faith in the BBC forecasts previously, unlike some, and liked their TV graphics. The new ones are far too vague especially for snow! 

So what are peoples thoughts on the potential for snow Thur/Fri/Sat? 

It will be the interpretation of the same models I guess

Posted
3 minutes ago, pjpauly2k said:

Glad to hear people are getting some decent snow today, hope you enjoy! (although here in Liverpool I aint! ha). 

This is slightly changing the subject but I find it crazy that the Met office and BBC weather forecasts are so different for the potential snow on Thur/Fri! I know the BBC data now comes from a different source so slight differences are to be expected. However anyone watching the BBC forecast on TV for my location will be expecting heavy snow Thur night and into Friday! Whereas Met office are having none of it! What model are the BBC using now?

Here in Liverpool we had some decent (for us) snow yesterday from the "polar low". This was forecast quite well by the Met office (including their app) but the BBC said it would be further south. This leads me to think I may be trusting the Met forecasts more in future which is a shame as I always had quite a lot of faith in the BBC forecasts previously, unlike some, and liked their TV graphics. The new ones are far too vague especially for snow! 

So what are peoples thoughts on the potential for snow Thur/Fri/Sat? 

You have just preempted the question I was going to ask! I am also confused about the snow event on Friday 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Noooo that’s an ice day out the window, 0.1°C now. I hate you sun. 

Ooo it’s gone below again, but the damage is done. 

Edited by Chris.R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
Just now, Weather-history said:

Interestingly Manchester Airport is going for light snow tomorrow afternoon

Brilliant. that suggests we get the edge of the front. Won’t know Liverpool till 6 pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
10 minutes ago, Thunder Snow said:

The showers passing now are very light, im not expecting anymore now, bit i hope you see something soon 

There is no hope mate, two sets of mountains for the showers to pass, that's it for here, about 3mm which has nearly all melted, hate beasterlies, in fact i hate winter.

Edited by I Cumbria Marra I

Posted
1 minute ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

There is no hope mate, two sets of mountains for the showers to pass, that's it for here, about 3mm which has nearly all melted, hate beasterlies.

i have sun and blue skys coming through now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter, heatwaves in summer :)

Very slowly getting epic this cold period. Lastest from Oldham East:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Come on! Give us in the snow starved west a covering. Sick of seeing the usual Manchester subjects with 7ft of snow whilst we have a cold wind and nothing more 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Backtrack said:

Come on! Give us in the snow starved west a covering. Sick of seeing the usual Manchester subjects with 7ft of snow whilst we have a cold wind and nothing more 

Feel ur pain mate..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
5 minutes ago, Thunder Snow said:

i have sun and blue skys coming through now

Atleast you've had 1ft of snow though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
1 minute ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Atleast you've had 1ft of snow though

He must have really small feet ?