Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters
Just now, Chris.R said:

I hope these are troughs that are being predicted, then we might have a chance. 

They are look at fax

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
1 minute ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

They are look at fax

If they’re troughs then they won’t lose energy crossing the hills. Watch and see 

Edited by Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

I hope these are troughs that are being predicted, then we might have a chance. 

Latest ARPEGE.

arpegeuk-1-5-0.thumb.png.1384d9f3ca25b72f510fba0c537b2f26.pngarpegeuk-1-6-0.thumb.png.90a142b373776c9d326dd01e4f6c3d1f.pngarpegeuk-1-7-0.thumb.png.4dbc22bf23b3b3ecc727419651fa7faa.png

arpegeuk-1-8-0.thumb.png.aa92db2edcf3e6cd25857720f40a4035.pngarpegeuk-1-11-0.thumb.png.936fd79d8fb4eb2b4f12b548110475f5.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Ireland has just issued a Red warning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
9 minutes ago, DisruptiveGust said:

Most snow I’ve seen for a long long time, many years! 

AE2EF501-34D9-4E1B-B11C-ECF33F2CAA9B.jpeg

468C424F-F397-425B-B446-C110DF3697D9.jpeg

Must be close to 1ft there? And back at your old house in Harrington there probably isn't anymore than 1cm, nearly all melted here now, absolutely sickening tbh, could cry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Thursday now looking dry...North East Wales taken out of the warning area for that day. Starting to get that let down feeling. Brutally cold yes but snow wise, we've not had that much. Friday/Saturday need to deliver.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Scotland RED warning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Mostly fine overnight but some snow from an overnight shower.  Overnight min: -6.5C, currently 0.5C.  Fine at first but the heavy shower clouds are building and now currently cloudy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
2 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

Scotland RED warning

Looking at the radar, I would’ve placed that further southwards?!

Glad to hear people are getting some decent snow today, hope you enjoy! (although here in Liverpool I aint! ha). 

This is slightly changing the subject but I find it crazy that the Met office and BBC weather forecasts are so different for the potential snow on Thur/Fri! I know the BBC data now comes from a different source so slight differences are to be expected. However anyone watching the BBC forecast on TV for my location will be expecting heavy snow Thur night and into Friday! Whereas Met office are having none of it! What model are the BBC using now?

Here in Liverpool we had some decent (for us) snow yesterday from the "polar low". This was forecast quite well by the Met office (including their app) but the BBC said it would be further south. This leads me to think I may be trusting the Met forecasts more in future which is a shame as I always had quite a lot of faith in the BBC forecasts previously, unlike some, and liked their TV graphics. The new ones are far too vague especially for snow! 

So what are peoples thoughts on the potential for snow Thur/Fri/Sat? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Guaranteed if that line of showers pasting Carlisle was on line with me instead, it would die before getting here as i seen yesterday and this morning, i knew this part of Cumbria was really bad for snow but now i realise its even worse than i thought! Honestly think its the most snowless part of NW region which is a crap region for snow anyways!?????????