Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
Just now, Mokidugway said:

Could wake up to white :nonono:

:yahoo:

Posted
1 hour ago, itsnowjoke said:

I'm feeling more optimistic with snow prospects for tomorrow from the feature running in from the N Sea, It looks further north than predicted and heading more SW than SSW, so should ease its way over Cumbria easily. Thereafter with the wind tilting more direct east, much of the region in the firing line for heavy snow showers rest of tomorrow and Wednesday, showers could band together. Memories of 26/27 Jan 96 strongly coming to mind. Night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

If that’s the band heading in now, it’s well ahead of schedule.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
Just now, johnwirral said:

Looks like the GFS is going tits up for Friday on this run...

Tonight could be good mate.

The GFS tonight actually looks better to prolong the cold spell and the snow does swing up by Saturday, personally I like this run. All good :good:

108-574UK.thumb.GIF.1bb7ba416aa1d52c207c25d5890667ff.GIF

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

J0FBEB7D2-D875-4233-81A4-969C93628B33.thumb.gif.8413d066140440cc3be00ba29e13ce0c.gif

gfs 18z for the feature tomorrow morning

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
1 minute ago, Spah1 said:

J0FBEB7D2-D875-4233-81A4-969C93628B33.thumb.gif.8413d066140440cc3be00ba29e13ce0c.gif

gfs 18z for the feature tomorrow morning

It is the Pub Run though , it's the one which is always a bit odd when compared with the other 3 runs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

I'm fully expecting to wake up tomorrow ,look out of the window and see lots of ......... Grass

• Like 2

Posted

Well here in Kearsley we are sitting at -1.0 here.  So shovel in car. Up at six at work at 7am. May have to dig the car out for the home journey. My special metal studded tyre covers will get used for the first time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Currently dry, cloudy and -2.1C.  Little wind in my back garden but I haven't braved going out in the front as that faces East.

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete
Typo

Posted

Whas interesting about this front is that it has a waved tip on it on its southern flank in particular so some here in the region could get a nice spell of heavy prolonged snow.

I really hope the GFS is right so it can put 2 fingers up to the bbc and met office and the obsession of the PPN hitting the midlands. Do suspect I'm too far North abd the mountains up here are higher but greater Manchester and Merseyside looks well placed. 

It's all down to radar watchING though and it's so interesting watching and see how it develops and seeing people's predictions on how it will develop.

• Like 1

Posted

-1c here, bitter cold and the breeze is keeping frost away from the cars. Looks crisp on the grass though. Looks like the heavy snow is game on again for tomorrow morning, could be the most promising snow since March 2013 for me. I’ve been told to take it easy getting to work tomorrow haha.

Metoffcie not really going for many showers in the afternoon on the dreaded app, but they were seriously out with the precip chances today anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
33 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

i wish they'd fix rain today

Use meteoradar.co.uk. It updates every 5 mins :good:unlike rain today which is every 15 I think. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

-2.4 now, about to surpass last night‘s minimum. 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Darren Bown said:

-1c here, bitter cold and the breeze is keeping frost away from the cars. Looks crisp on the grass though. Looks like the heavy snow is game on again for tomorrow morning, could be the most promising snow since March 2013 for me. I’ve been told to take it easy getting to work tomorrow haha.

Metoffcie not really going for many showers in the afternoon on the dreaded app, but they were seriously out with the precip chances today anyway.

That’s the dryness of the air. No water to condense

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
8 minutes ago, karyo said:

The band of snow looks ahead of schedule, already affecting the northeast and north Yorkshire.

Looks to be a tad West so Peak District on Southern edge with more going to lancashire and Greater Manchester. The Amber zone is more East on the warning

Edited by Had Worse

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
3 minutes ago, Acupuncturist said:

The snow for the early hours looks like it might miss Manchester to the North according to radar. North of region could do well 

Well that’s a turnaround. I should still do alright then? 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Acupuncturist said:

The snow for the early hours looks like it might miss Manchester to the North according to radar. North of region could do well 

That would be quite big change from earlier 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Looks to be a tad West so Peak District on Southern edge with more going to lancashire and Greater Manchester. The Amber zone is more East on the warning

Unbelievable that there still changes in the track. The Aprege takes ti further west, mostly west and north of Manchester.

Posted

Well its only my interpretation from rain today radar and  meteo radar. The band of showers look on track to be passing just north of Manchester. Latest forecast on tv say different however so dont get your hopes up on my account