Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather
3 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

It’s stopped now but you could see where every flake went. Everything stuck. Never seen that before. Very rare to get snow during an air frost here. 

Temp -0.5, DP -5. Minimum before the cloud came and -2.5. 

Same here. Only tiny flakes but didnt melt. Hope this is a great sign for us. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Snow flurry has picked up in intensity slightly here. The great thing is that it is snow flakes rather than the grains we often get from the East.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
1 minute ago, Miamay said:

Same here. Only tiny flakes but didnt melt. Hope this is a great sign for us. 

Certainly is. The Met and models didn’t want anything for here until at least this evening. 

Posted

Good to see snow reports in here already :-) 

00z Arpege is good for Tuesday and Wednesday across most of the NW (including western parts), GFS isn’t bad either. 

TBH it’s going to be a week of checking the weather radar and not bothering too much about the short range models, they have too many pit-falls. 

• Like 1

Posted

Looking out of the window, it’s weird to see the clouds moving in the opposite direction to normal. Hope they hold something for us this week. Feeling really hopeful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Partly cloudy here, no frost though:cc_confused:

Posted
4 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Good to see snow reports in here already :-) 

00z Arpege is good for Tuesday and Wednesday across most of the NW (including western parts), GFS isn’t bad either. 

TBH it’s going to be a week of checking the weather radar and not bothering too much about the short range models, they have too many pit-falls. 

Yep,

despite that the misery euro 4 says i think many will see at the very least a dusting tomorrow morning.

Posted
36 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

C77C8844-C9D6-494C-9535-E60671FD3C1E.thumb.png.a44648403ff7769f6ada45bdaf8d6bdf.png

The MO predictive rain feature on the app takes tonights feature it taken way north of the amber warning area! 

BBC TV forecast seemed to have this way south going through South Yorkshire and Lincolnshire and into the midlands 

Posted
1 minute ago, trickydicky said:

BBC TV forecast seemed to have this way south going through South Yorkshire and Lincolnshire and into the midlands 

strange, euro 4 has it right through our region..(then again im far from convinced by that model).

who knows, guess its a now cast..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Excuse my Chris no snow here and it's sunny! I'm the coast too you know ?

Posted

I’m a bit underwhelmed by the ‘cold’-we are forecasted to reach 3 today-which isn’t any colder than other days we have had this year and yes there is windchill but, I distinctly remember (as I was running in it) a whole month in December 2010 where the temps fell to minus 11/12 during the night and didn’t reach higher than minus 7 during the day and that was here in Liverpool so I’m not really that excited by this ‘unique’ spell 

Posted

Proper flakes but drifting about in the wind, a slight covering and every flake settles but not enough intensity, sky darkening up again now so maybe a proper shower coming.  Off to Manchester on a course so hope to come home to a decent amount.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
3 minutes ago, Linda said:

I’m a bit underwhelmed by the ‘cold’-we are forecasted to reach 3 today-which isn’t any colder than other days we have had this year and yes there is windchill but, I distinctly remember (as I was running in it) a whole month in December 2010 where the temps fell to minus 11/12 during the night and didn’t reach higher than minus 7 during the day and that was here in Liverpool so I’m not really that excited by this ‘unique’ spell 

-7 max in Liverpool? Crikey here in Heswall the lowest max was 0.2C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

0.1c and -4dp here in Sale South Manchester..

The most tiny of flakes in the last 5 min :) Good luck peeps!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Euro 4 still has Tuesday mornings feature going south of us ?

Posted

Nice little snow shower has just passed though here giving a light dusting. 

Edited by Joe Bloggs
  • Like 1