Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.
7 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

ROFLMAO

So the coldest week for 7 years and you have just started looking for signs of spring.

Why what's wrong with that? A practically nationwide snow event that will affect everyone apart from those in north west England! He has every right to be done with winter and look forward to spring. This winter has been bloody awful in terms of not living to potential and all the let downs we have had.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Well from all the latest info available I expect tuesday's warning to upgrade for the region. The low has deffo switched toward us just at the right time!

Edited by Day 10

Posted
1 hour ago, Winter Hill said:

Seriously mate, not worth worrying about. I take precipitation charts with a pinch of salt 

What does concern me is, if the Lp continues to move south. I fear it will be a midlands south event only.

I know mate :good:

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

Tuesdays low?

Yeah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog
2 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Well from all the latest info available I expect tuesday's warning to upgrade for the region. The low has deffo switched toward us just at the right time!

My Meto app has me now for heavy snow at 06:00 till 09.00  light snow showers till 15:00 :yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Why what's wrong with that? A practically nationwide snow event that will affect everyone apart from those in north west England! He has every right to be done with winter and look forward to spring. This winter has been bloody awful in terms of not living to potential and all the let downs we have had.

Hasn’t happened or not happened yet and the northwest is a large area. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

image.thumb.png.07ad562669019c8f50653cdaf5875b04.png

image.thumb.png.0899578f14ea89c8f3d4d2a95c8c66a3.png

image.thumb.png.05ac5389c0683b2d10c1d251ee770e7c.png

Looking good to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

I enjoy seeing exciting Synoptics like this play out whether I get a big snowfall or not. That is why I joined a weather forum 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Wardlegacy said:

I enjoy seeing exciting Synoptics like this play out whether I get a big snowfall or not. That is why I joined a weather forum 

Here here

Posted

UKMO FAX chart which I do rate in the short-range period i.e. 48 hours, shows the frontal shallow low feature moving right through the region Tuesday morning, a northward correction, not south. This is backed up by most other models, yes there will be a Pennines effect, but I suspect muted. However, we won't know for certain its exact path until this time tomorrow.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Wardlegacy said:

Exactly! And the exciting cold synoptics don't look at the calendar. 

2 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

UKMO FAX chart which I do rate in the short-range period i.e. 48 hours, shows the frontal shallow low feature moving right through the region Tuesday morning, a northward correction, not south. This is backed up by most other models, yes there will be a Pennines effect, but I suspect muted. However, we won't know for certain its exact path until this time tomorrow.

All down to wind direction on the day 96 was epic  with south easterly undercutting  the low . 18 inch of snow...

Edited by Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/Snow/Storms

If anyone is interested it is worth going on FB and search BwD Roads. Blackburn and Darwen.  They have just posted a video of snow over the next five days.  All I can say if true this place sill be bedlam.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
4 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

I joined for the women ."..

No matter how many times u like their posts they just never get the hint 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog
1 minute ago, tvh3382 said:

If anyone is interested it is worth going on FB and search BwD Roads. Blackburn and Darwen.  They have just posted a video of snow over the next five days.  All I can say if true this place sill be bedlam.

Who are they ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
3 minutes ago, Winter Hill said:

Who are they ??

Blackburn with Darwen Council I guess

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/Snow/Storms
Just now, JeffC said:

Blackburn with Darwen Council I guess

Yes. The highways team 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I think its gonna be a interesting week windchill wise at least!! Especially Midweek.

Minus 10 by Wednesday!! :cold: 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

All down to wind direction on the day 96 was epic  with south easterly undercutting  the low . 18 inch of snow...

Yes not bettered here since, however, that was a very different set up, an active occluded front which stalled over the region coming unstuck against a cold block. Those are the best set ups for heavy snowfall over the NW, especially Cumbria.

I'm thinking more back to 26/27 Jan 96 when we managed 5 inches from a convective easterly and frontal feature from the east.

We can receive significant snow when fronts move in from the south as well and become slow moving as suggested end of the week, then the cold air remains at the surface and often the cold hits back from the north, 23 Feb 1994 springs to mind here.. 1 ft of snow.

• Thanks 1