Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted

Well that is my outside drain pipes from my gas boiler with a heated trace wire and lagging completed. in 2010 the drain pipes froze and the heating stopped until I poured hot water on the plastic pipe outside.  Needed a new trace wire so all completed bring on that wind chill to my north facing back pipes..   Off for a family walk now as it is lovely.

Just now, Gary R Betreen said:

Well that is my outside drain pipes from my gas boiler with a heated trace wire and lagging completed. in 2010 the drain pipes froze and the heating stopped until I poured hot water on the plastic pipe outside.  Needed a new trace wire so all completed bring on that wind chill to my north facing back pipes..   Off for a family walk now as it is lovely.

Major cause of call outs at my mates plumbing company in this weather .

• Like 1

Posted

Well I have a 6 foot run to the drain so I am not getting caught out again.  Friends laughing at me when I told them I was doing that this weekend as they just don't believe how cold it will get by Monday.   I lived and worked in Alberta so see this set up year in and year out with a wind chill of -31 and your eye lids freeze and you have to ensure every bit of you is covered and warm your cheeks up to ensure frost bite does not start with them turning white.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
21 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Thinking of booking a last minute jobbie to the Canaries....

21 days until Cyprus :yahoo:

Posted

Seems like going from the posts on here, only the northern parts of the region will have to worry about the Pennines whilst more southern parts won't have too, either way one thing that might help is the wind and it' going to be a really gusty wind on this side of the Pennines also so severe wind chill will come into play.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Game over for the south by Friday :yahoo:

It does make you feel that way with  what is deemed acceptable as model discussion when the SE is in the firing line. 

Edited by Hocus Pocus

Posted
Just now, Geordiesnow said:

Seems like going from the posts on here, only the northern parts of the region will have to worry about the Pennines whilst more southern parts won't have too, either way one thing that might help is the wind and it' going to be a really gusty wind on this side of the Pennines also so severe wind chill will come into play.

I’m not so sure of that GS, I would wait until Monday. ?

Posted
51 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Nice big hole over me :yahoo:

What's her name 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
33 minutes ago, Gary R Betreen said:

Yes. Same happened to us and half the Northwest households I think. Always a favourite with a chill Easterly. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
35 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Major cause of call outs at my mates plumbing company in this weather .

Yes. An easy fix. £££££££

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Some cracking snowrisk charts upto 5 days out, either from little features crossing through or simply just because of the strength of the wind getting those showers well across the Pennines.

uksnowrisk.thumb.png.a4c96b7a5798a5856808922a23771162.pnguksnowrisk1.thumb.png.6641a8f68e68d66d1976754252ca7c0e.png

uksnowrisk2.thumb.png.20547557afc5650a6a6249f0c563b93d.pnguksnowrisk3.thumb.png.22fdc23ae9a35fb32263b4f1697b02a9.png

uksnowrisk4.thumb.png.e0835302d529e423814979e1cc68d92b.pnguksnowrisk5.thumb.png.f88c302feb694cf734d49b68f888f1f2.png

Tuesday and Wednesday could be real good!

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Guaranteed i'll be one of the unlucky sods with virtually no snow 

Posted

I just bought a new winter coat in the sale - bargain! 

The euro 4 is already showing light snow showers across us for Monday morning! I won't post the chart for those of you who are boycotting it. ;-)

Edited by karyo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Already a freezing windchill here...just saying hello again :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Just testing ! https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SpiritfreedomsHaven?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

how do I delete?

Edited by SparkleS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Taken from the net-weather main forecast page.

650x499xoverview_150.jpg.pagespeed_ic.ZSEdqJ-1qL.thumb.jpg.b7be0636be1678c36fc1477e78db6cb2.jpg

Then we may see a more organised area of snow move up from the south Thursday evening and night, as that low tracks north from Spain to the west of France and bumps into the very cold air. GFS and ECMWF models then diverge over how far north to take the low, ECMWF no further than the English Channel before the low fills, but giving heavy snow to southern counties of England, perhaps blizzard conditions for the SW Moors. While GFS spins the low close to the SW Friday and into the weekend, bringing prolonged snow on Friday and Saturday across England, Wales and southern Scotland, but turning less cold across southern England by the weekend, with snow turning to rain.

BANK!!!!!!!

Edited by Day 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Mokidugway said:

Game over for the south by Friday :yahoo:

Ohhhhh woe...:rofl:

Posted
3 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Taken from the net-weather main forecast page.

650x499xoverview_150.jpg.pagespeed_ic.ZSEdqJ-1qL.thumb.jpg.b7be0636be1678c36fc1477e78db6cb2.jpg

Then we may see a more organised area of snow move up from the south Thursday evening and night, as that low tracks north from Spain to the west of France and bumps into the very cold air. GFS and ECMWF models then diverge over how far north to take the low, ECMWF no further than the English Channel before the low fills, but giving heavy snow to southern counties of England, perhaps blizzard conditions for the SW Moors. While GFS spins the low close to the SW Friday and into the weekend, bringing prolonged snow on Friday and Saturday across England, Wales and southern Scotland, but turning less cold across southern England by the weekend, with snow turning to rain.

BANK!!!!!!!

This could deliver for Wirral but for much of the region it will be a few snow flakes in the wind due to the God awful rain shadow effect. Snow shower activity also dies a death when a low approaches from the south while the Midlands and Wales get burried in the snow.

Edited by karyo