Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
27 minutes ago, karyo said:

Very cold 12z runs so far. for next week!

And some of the first signs of significant snowfall for our region materialising as well. Nothing compared to the east-coast, but nothing to baulk at either.

28 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

The first prospects of north sea streamers are showing up on the charts for next week (still eye candy at the moment) and I must admit I'll be getting slightly jealous of those eastern folk if they come off.  They won't be getting slushy deposits like we did with our heavily moderated polar maritime incursions this winter.... oh well at least it 'WON'T' be mild in our region so North West weather forecasters will be forecasting with a grimace next week.

North Sea streamers ,lol about as much use as a chocolate fire guard, at least it will wipe the smug smile off Diane's face :drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves
8 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

And some of the first signs of significant snowfall for our region materialising as well. Nothing compared to the east-coast, but nothing to baulk at either.

Admire your optimism..but i fear a period of envy and frustration upcoming...thats what usually happens in an easterly.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

North Sea streamers ,lol about as much use as a chocolate fire guard, at least it will wipe the smug smile off Diane's face :drunk-emoji:

Was she a presenter in 2010, I'd love to see her coping with that?

Was a bit of culture shock going from the snowmad Paul Mooney to misery-pants Diane when I moved...

1 minute ago, chicken soup said:

Admire your optimism..but i fear a period of envy and frustration upcoming...thats what usually happens in an easterly.

Easterly used to be the holy grail for me, so until it's proved useless I'll continue to chase. Even if it gives us nout it'll be nice to see picks of my home-town buried.

Posted
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

Mountains screw it up here I need an Atlantic component ,never had anything from a straight easterly  :sorry:

Time to count the mountains between me and Yorkshire to work out how worried I should be...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions
21 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Not that your counting :wink:

Good on you though :good:

When do you go to Spain? Holiday or Work?

We go on Saturday, Dover to Calais about midnight then a long drive to Huertas Bajas near Córdoba, we have a house there. I've adopted an abandoned puppy so we a picking him up and we'll drive back beginning of April. I will miss any snow ?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
53 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

Time to count the mountains between me and Yorkshire to work out how worried I should be...

They’re not particularly high where they devide Lancashire from Yorkshire but no doubt they’re sufficient to stop most of the snow from reaching us.

1 minute ago, Jan said:

We go on Saturday, Dover to Calais about midnight then a long drive to Huertas Bajas near Córdoba, we have a house there. I've adopted an abandoned puppy so we a picking him up and we'll drive back beginning of April. I will miss any snow ?

I've driven to Gibraltar,excruciating long drive to Spain from nw .

Posted
2 minutes ago, iand61 said:

They’re not particularly high where they devide Lancashire from Yorkshire but no doubt they’re sufficient to stop most of the snow from reaching us.

Which is a shame as this looks to be lining up to be an incredible event for areas that can see some snow from it. Just have to hope there's so much even the "minor amount" than can make it across the mountains is enough for a decent total depth here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
13 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

Which is a shame as this looks to be lining up to be an incredible event for areas that can see some snow from it. Just have to hope there's so much even the "minor amount" than can make it across the mountains is enough for a decent total depth here.

I’m being positive about the upcoming period, not because i’m expecting massive amounts of snow for our region but because I still think that the end result for the UK will be a substantially watered down version of what everyone in the Mad thread is wanting and many are thinking is already nailed on.

what must it feel like to have warnings of snow measured in feet only to see it all head south at the last moment and plaster others instead.

That must be gut wrenching.             Oh wait a minute :wallbash:   

Posted

well it's gone cold again tonight haven't had to have the heating as high though 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions
1 hour ago, Mokidugway said:

I've driven to Gibraltar,excruciating long drive to Spain from nw .

I know we are just sat here on autoroute trying to work out where to stop 

Posted
28 minutes ago, Jan said:

I know we are just sat here on autoroute trying to work out where to stop 

I have driven down to the South of France for many years which is 10 hours from Calais, now I drive to Dover and get the tunnel and go to bed at a Travel lodge place in Calais and then go to sleep, this means I get a good nights sleep. I get up at about 7 French time and start driving, if im on my own I would stop after 5 hours in somewhere like Beaune and then continue the next day.  On the way home I usually push it to Reims so I only have 1.5 hours to Calais as I usually drive home from Dover.  It was much easier when I lived in London!

Ive just looked up where you are driving to - that's one hell of a long way!

Edited by shadowfax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well I have to say if I lived in the East, South and Middle I’d be trembling with excitement. 

I’m hoping to sweet Jesus we get in on the action as I literally may not be able to take everyone looking at a foot of snow and us have nothing. 

I’m nervous just thinking about it. 

How exciting would it be watching snow blob after snob blob on the radar whilst at home having been unable to get into work. 

The problem is we wish for a north westerly but it’s not cold enough. A northerly gives us wish bone effect. An Easterly is dry. 

I’m moving. 

Please someone more knowledgeable than me tell me we will be in on the action too!

3 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

Well I have to say if I lived in the East, South and Middle I’d be trembling with excitement. 

I’m hoping to sweet Jesus we get in on the action as I literally may not be able to take everyone looking at a foot of snow and us have nothing. 

How exciting would it be watching snow blob after snob blob on the radar whilst at home having been unable to get into work. 

The problem is we wish for a north westerly but it’s not cold enough. A northerly gives us wish bone effect. An Easterly is dry. 

I’m moving. 

Please someone more knowledgeable than me tell me we will be in on the action too!

IMG_1682.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves
3 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

I’m moving. 

I feel your pain...going to be absolutley unbearable ..i shall be giving this site..the news and all social media a wide berth until its over.