Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

972B07E6-8C2B-46CC-9616-DE068E162AC5.thumb.jpeg.795c7675846221b10a211ea3cba0d572.jpeg

nasty

glad i’m not working outside today. 

Posted

Really putting it down up here. Borderline blizzard conditions in heavier bursts. Must be extremely bad on the fells where there will be a lot of blowing snow. 

• Like 1

Posted

Another day and another day with snow. I've not been counting but this must be around 30 days when snow has fallen this winter. Still got snow on the ground from Sunday so probably around 25 to 30 days where we've had some sort of settled snow. Not bad at all considering recent winters.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry

Been snowing here since about 09:30, but not with that much success to be honest - thick sprinkling with a touch of elevation, but down in the village scarcely anything.

Posted

Eased off now just as it was turning to rain. Managed an inch of snow but has now turned very wet and slushy.

Shaping up to be a reasonable winter now, each month has had some decent cold and frequent falling snow. On the ground it only tends to last a few days though, a week being the most and depth wise 3 inch being the best, accumulated over a few days. Lets see if we have a March to rival 2013, I want to see some big drifts!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

At the beach in Bournemouth !! Freezing :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
19 minutes ago, Miamay said:

At the beach in Bournemouth !! Freezing :cold:

I had a sudden vision then Miamay but now the vision has gone Hazy

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Latest MO outlook

Wintry showers may develop,with the potential for some significant snowfalls focused on southern, central or eastern areas. The location and intensity of any snowfall will be uncertain until much nearer the time.’

Have to laugh ☹️?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

The snow got heavy and big flakes for a time but was wet so no sign of any settling, still very surprised to see it falling though, must have been going for about 2 hours, and that's right on the coast. That's 6 days I've seen snow falling now, most than most winters, just after the proper covering of snow to make it a good winter.

Posted

Attentions surely have to turn to late February/early March now for our final arctic blast, with the short term outlook a bit too warm for our purposes (those of us who want winter to be cold). 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

Attentions surely have to turn to late February/early March now for our final arctic blast, with the short term outlook a bit too warm for our purposes (those of us who want winter to be cold). 

As a mostly outside worker and a cold lover,, im in a tricky position, for me it needs to be bone chilling cold with hard frosts, this almost cold we have all winter is not for me at all.....if its not proper cold, id rather have mild.    I have a new hated phrase.....Cold Zonal....not for me thanks!

• Like 2

Posted

In much agreement...I work outside and still like cold weather, but although snow has fallen on quite a few occasions this winter, it has been mostly wet, sleety and not of a nature to lay down a soft covering for days on end (with the exception of the other night's visit from the 'blob'...but even that was limited to a morning after effect).  Temperatures have tended to stay a few degrees above zero during the day so a slushy melt has turned the joy of walking on velvet soft snow to stomping your feet through inches of melted ice and water.

Dec 2010 was different due to the very low temperatures which kept the snowfall level's quite consistent during the month.

Eyes now turn the 'fabled' easterly to close out February... initially our region is going to have take it on the chin and watch the South East/Eastern area's get their wintry rewards... but we might join in at some point if a battleground situ comes into effect.  Moisture from the west clashing with the cold air in the east.

After that I'm ready for Spring (my favoured season)

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 1

Posted

Very gusty day had a trip out to Aldi bloody awful out nearly took car door off

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
8 hours ago, Minnizi said:

Very light snow here on the wirral!

Welcome to the Nuthouse Minnizi, another snow starved Wirralian (is that even a word?) I see. :good:

A mildie or a coldie?

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

No 

Heading up to the Lakes on Monday for 2 days, little break round Windermere half term and all that. Looking dry & sunny :good:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Heading up to the Lakes on Monday for 2 days, little break round Windermere half term and all that. Looking dry & sunny :good:

Look out for me in my new Volvo , likley be in Windermere on sat . Met blue with private no  plate that  relates to digging  :rofl:

Edited by Mokidugway
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
8 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Look out for me in my new Volvo , likley be in Windermere on sat . Met blue with private no  plate that  relates to digging  :rofl:

Likely to be in Windermere on sat?

Is this the new Volvo submersible? 

Posted
2 hours ago, Day 10 said:

1 hour ago, Mokidugway said:

Lol my step daughters half term not mine (that was 20 odd years ago)

Posted

It will be nice to welcome some dry weather after the recent wet spell.  On a flip note the forum might go into a slumber because there won't be much going on weather related apart from wondering if the 'beasterley' will ever make it into the +120hr range