Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

Sorry karyo I meant in relation to impending spring which has a habit of watering it down as it takes 10 to 20 days  SSW events to filter through to real feel weather ,lol

Ok i see what you mean. Yes, I think it is more likely to feel the effects in March. Pity it couldn't happen a few weeks earlier.

Mind you, although disappointing in terms of deep cold and snow events, I think that this winter hasn't turned out as mild as the long range models were suggesting.

• Like 1

Just now, karyo said:

Ok i see what you mean. Yes, I think it is more likely to feel the effects in March. Pity it couldn't happen a few weeks earlier.

Mind you, although disappointing in terms of deep cold and snow events, I think that this winter hasn't turned out as mild as the long range models were suggesting.

I agree karyo ,a much more winter feel to winter this year ,lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Whilst we have not seen vast amounts of accumulated snow, we have seen snow falling on many occasions and several decent frosts. This winter has certainly not turned out mild, that's for sure.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.
8 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Whilst we have not seen vast amounts of accumulated snow, we have seen snow falling on many occasions and several decent frosts. This winter has certainly not turned out mild, that's for sure.

Agreed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
1 hour ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Once again woken up to nothing whilst the majority of everyone else in the region has decent snow. Has happened countless times over the years. Cumbria is a shocking place to live for snowfall, always seem to miss out an anything significant. Not hopeful, or for that matter remotely interested in tonight/tomorrow will no doubt either miss out again or it will rain. Feeling spring like out there right now. Well that's me done for this year guys, see you next winter!

:cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Roads are fine & gritted, pavements still a bit slushy though. 

IMG_20180212_110531.thumb.jpg.9a3b55c65b0ed1d12fa970a89e54e4f4.jpg

IMG_20180212_110600.thumb.jpg.51d460fceb54fce91cd056919cfbd768.jpg

IMG_20180212_110615.thumb.jpg.337fc8a21385fe1e2ec5ccbe8ec29d55.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Weather-history said:

What's going on?

It is now very much metoffice Vs BBC ...lol! This is a ridiculous disagreement in the forecast for just 18 hours time. Who will turn out to be correct!?

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Dexter said:

It is now very much metoffice Vs BBC ...lol! This is a ridiculous disagreement in the forecast for just 18 hours time. Who will turn out to be correct!?

Met Office had the fiasco of last Friday morning of the non snow. Infact Met Office warnings have been poor recently overall. 

Look at the Met Office latest warnings, they don't tally with those BBC computer graphics. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Weather-history said:

Met Office had the fiasco of last Friday morning of the non snow. Infact Met Office warnings have been poor recently overall. 

Look at the Met Office latest warnings, they don't tally with those BBC computer graphics. 

Are the Beebs forecasts now being provided by the express lol!? I have to say though, the metoffice warning doesn't really seem to tally with the potential shown on the gfs or airport forecasts. We await the updated met office text forecast with interest.

Posted

The only other thing I can think of is that the met may expect falling, but not settling snow further South?

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I always thought the BBC got their forecasts from the METO? Don't know how they can both have different forecasts for tomorrow very confusing!

Not anymore. Metoffice lost the contract

Posted
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

Oh right. Whats your thoughts on tomorrow?

I still think higher hills only around these parts for anything potentially significant. I don't buy those BBC graphics above in terms of the Southern extent. We will see.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I still think higher hills only around these parts for anything potentially significant. I don't buy those BBC graphics above in terms of the Southern extent. We will see.

I'd agree as I think it'll be above 200m probably.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I'd agree as I think it'll be above 200m probably.

Yeah I think that is a reasonable shout, maybe more like 300m I reckon for chance of decent settling snow.

Posted
Just now, Dexter said:

Yeah I think that is a reasonable shout, maybe more like 300m I reckon for chance of decent settling snow.

Sorry to intrude in this thread by the way, not much happening in my own lol.

Had some wet snow earlier down here but temp up to 5.4c now.

• Like 2