Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Ventusky showing snow from 9AM. Thats from the GFS and ICON.

ICON:

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=53.78;-3.06;8&l=rain-3h&t=20180211/09&m=icon

light snow showers ^^

GFS:

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=53.78;-3.06;8&l=rain-3h&t=20180211/09&m=gfs

Heavy snow showers/streamers ^^

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

GFS doesn’t want much on Monday night but  does have potential  and Mett/BBC seem quite confident.  

Posted

Oh a new thread, morning everyone, happy new thread!! :D

So only in the NW of England can we go to bed with a cold, hard frost and wake up in the morning to default rain, you really can't make this stuff up!! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

GFS does show a little snow for Wednesday morning but with a very tenuous atmospheric profile. Freezing levels are low but between 1000–5000 ft the temperature is only around -1. Anyway that’s 4 days away  

Posted
17 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Not only that torrential, heaviest I've seen this year including s the storm I was in when in SA 

I'm starting to think it's my fault, I keep going to bed on a Friday thinking I really must get the cars cleaned tomorrow cos they are both filthy and it's doing my head in, hence it rains every Saturday!!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves
3 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Well im off to bed for a couple of hours as i been up since 4am- off to Blackburn at dinner time to watch footy,incidentally Blackburn looks very well placed tomorrow acc to euro4..

ECM looks like its about to give up on the easterly so all eggs in tomorrow basket for us..

Ill believe that when i see it

Posted
Just now, chicken soup said:

Ill believe that when i see it

haha - we'll see.

6Z gfs again brings plenty of snow but im not sure i believe GFS precip charts even at 24 hours, unless its rain when of course it will always be right.

Enjoy the game today, 2500 making the short journey from Oldham, should be a cracking atmosphere, our fans are amazingly vocal esp away from home.

Posted
Just now, northwestsnow said:

haha - we'll see.

6Z gfs again brings plenty of snow but im not sure i believe GFS precip charts even at 24 hours, unless its rain when of course it will always be right.

Enjoy the game today, 2500 making the short journey from Oldham, should be a cracking atmosphere, our fans are amazingly vocal esp away from home.

Yeah ...looking forward to today...been some cracking games between us two teams over the years.....i used to love going to oldham...remember getting thrown out one year as a kid for chucking snowballs on the pitch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
6 minutes ago, chicken soup said:

Yeah ...looking forward to today...been some cracking games between us two teams over the years.....i used to love going to oldham...remember getting thrown out one year as a kid for chucking snowballs on the pitch.

That’s back in the day when we used to get snow.

i think i’d struggle to make anything from what we’ve got on the ground now unless I put it in a glass, stick some red dye in it and sell it as strawberry slush.

usual irony is that if the amount of rain that has fallen in the last couple of hours had been snow we’d have had the heaviest fall for several years but it wasn’t and the roads were like rivers.

all eyes on tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Heavy sleet here. Was rain but its clearly got melting flakes on the car windscreen.

No grren or pink on the radar either so proves it can be relied upon.

Edited by Had Worse

Posted
13 minutes ago, iand61 said:

That’s back in the day when we used to get snow.

i think i’d struggle to make anything from what we’ve got on the ground now unless I put it in a glass, stick some red dye in it and sell it as strawberry slush.

usual irony is that if the amount of rain that has fallen in the last couple of hours had been snow we’d have had the heaviest fall for several years but it wasn’t and the roads were like rivers.

all eyes on tomorrow.

Always seems to be that way ...guaranteed the ppn will will come when its rain...yet wont when it is snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

At 2c this morning it was snowing, at 2.5c now it is all rain without even a bit of sleet.

oh the joy of the north west’s most common import, the mild sector :wallbash:

Posted

Still chucking it down just looked out of window and I can see pendle hill in the distance it looked like it might have a covering off snow but I'm not sure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
1 hour ago, griff74 said:

Oh a new thread, morning everyone, happy new thread!! :D

So only in the NW of England can we go to bed with a cold, hard frost and wake up in the morning to default rain, you really can't make this stuff up!! lol

Didn't even get the frost ? it's 7degrees now too

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, chicken soup said:

Haha..think i was there that day..

Careful today just read there are 2hundred of our not rights on their way..

:-(

Edited by northwestsnow

Posted
54 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Heavy sleet here. Was rain but its clearly got melting flakes on the car windscreen.

No grren or pink on the radar either so proves it can be relied upon.

Ppn type is computed using NWP and METAR obs. 

Posted
49 minutes ago, iand61 said:

At 2c this morning it was snowing, at 2.5c now it is all rain without even a bit of sleet.

oh the joy of the north west’s most common import, the mild sector :wallbash:

850s were negative earlier, now positive so no surprise there.