Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
6 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

matt taylor showing temps of 5 degrees in manchester sunday LOL.

If thats right there wont be any settling snow in manchester, and probably not here either.

Think u must be as frustrated as me with the models as I see u stoped posting on there. Feel like throwing the dam computer sometimes lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
Just now, markw2680 said:

Think u must be as frustrated as me with the models as I see u stoped posting on there. Feel like throwing the dam computer sometimes lol

Oh and those stupid temperatures the bbc get. What the hell are they on. They say cold at 5,6,7 etc to me that ent cold

anyway I’ll bugger off back to the midlands thread ?

Posted
1 minute ago, markw2680 said:

ha mark, i just had another moan in the moan thread, of course we will keep looking, its a hobby, but its not really much fun anymore, its just one let down after another foe the majority.

:(

Posted
Just now, northwestsnow said:

ha mark, i just had another moan in the moan thread, of course we will keep looking, its a hobby, but its not really much fun anymore, its just one let down after another foe the majority.

:(

Sometimes I wana go mad. Just keep seeing all these lovely charts and then look at the date and surprise surprise it’s 10 days away. I could go on but think I should just stop

• Like 1

Posted

sorry to say 18z euro4 is a pretty huge downgrade for the north west.

edit but the final frame (sunday afternoon is HUGE upgrade!!)

Best i have ever seen from euro4 that!!

looks like a trough or pretty hefty blackpool streamer..

Edited by northwestsnow

Posted
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

sorry to say 18z euro4 is a pretty huge downgrade for the north west.

edit but the final frame (sunday afternoon is HUGE upgrade!!)

Best i have ever seen from euro4 that!!

The final frame is amazing! 6pm will be the best time for a snow streamer like this. http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=euro4&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=prty&HH=48&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

All I want is for snow to settle and last on the ground till the next morning.

Posted
Just now, karyo said:

The final frame is amazing! 6pm will be the best time for a snow streamer like this. http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=euro4&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=prty&HH=48&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

All I want is for snow to settle and last on the ground till the next morning.

mate i got to 42 hours and was like, oh oh, here we go again, and then BAM, the 48 hour is ruddy fabulous, you'll get your settling snow from the streamer, it will be great im sure.

Now, i dont want to look at 00z euro 4 LOL.

Posted

mate i got to 42 hours and was like, oh oh, here we go again, and then BAM, the 48 hour is ruddy fabulous, you'll get your settling snow from the streamer, it will be great im sure.

Now, i dont want to look at 00z euro 4 LOL.

That's the problem, I will be biting my nails while viewing the 0z

Posted

net weather has me down for snow showers all day sunday with 95% risk through the afternoon and evening.

I shall bookmark this as a target for my potential annoyance come sunday night if im looking at wet concrete (again).

Posted
16 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

its riduclous really, i mean, it really is.

I'm finding the change over with the BBC very confusing, there's a substantial difference between the Met Office and MeteoGroup's interpretation of the forecasts and not just with the apps but with the TV weather segments as well. It's as if the presenter is displaying MeteoGroup's charts and forecasts but is actually referring to the MetO's forecast. Words and visual's don't seem to match up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & sunshine

9 minutes ago, wrightc23 said:

I'm finding the change over with the BBC very confusing, there's a substantial difference between the Met Office and MeteoGroup's interpretation of the forecasts and not just with the apps but with the TV weather segments as well. It's as if the presenter is displaying MeteoGroup's charts and forecasts but is actually referring to the MetO's forecast. Words and visual's don't seem to match up.

26 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

net weather has me down for snow showers all day sunday with 95% risk through the afternoon and evening.

I shall bookmark this as a target for my potential annoyance come sunday night if im looking at wet concrete (again).

Jesus has me down for salvation , but took the rain :rofl:

Posted

euro4 looks very cold with uppers of -8 becoming -10 through the day, dews look very negative.

The issue is precip,looks like streamers so some will get lucky,some not so lucky.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

GFS shows -9 uppers moving in tomorrow afternoon and dews down to -3/-4. Plenty of precipitation forecast on a strong NW/WNW flow. It couldn't possibly be rain, surely......?

Edited by Dexter

Posted
2 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

euro4 looks very cold with uppers of -8 becoming -10 through the day, dews look very negative.

The issue is precip,looks like streamers so some will get lucky,some not so lucky.

Tomorrow could be a very good day. We've had 3 inch falls on days like this just a small handful of years ago. That said, my bar is very low and I won't be shocked if it rains :closedeyes:

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Tomorrow could be a very good day. We've had 3 inch falls on days like this just a small handful of years ago. That said, my bar is very low and I won't be shocked if it rains :closedeyes:

if you come under one of the 2 streamers you'll do well.

Theproblem with euro4 is there is a big gap between them but anywhere with elevation esp could get a covering, the accumulation charts are not great again and suggest despite the uppers and dews it could be a no show near the coast.

The 12z update will be interesting , think it will be a radar watching day for sure..

Posted
Just now, northwestsnow said:

if you come under one of the 2 streamers you'll do well.

Theproblem with euro4 is there is a big gap between them but anywhere with elevation esp could get a covering, the accumulation charts are not great again and suggest despite the uppers and dews it could be a no show near the coast.

The 12z update will be interesting , think it will be a radar watching day for sure..

How well can the models predict shower distribution though? Yes, they can pick up troughs, but how well can they forecast general shower distribution? Tbh, I've almost given up looking at the EURO4, always too depressing! Another day like we had one Sunday in Dec 09 would be perfect.

Posted
Just now, Dexter said:

How well can the models predict shower distribution though? Yes, they can pick up troughs, but how well can they forecast general shower distribution? Tbh, I've almost given up looking at the EURO4, always too depressing! Another day like we had one Sunday in Dec 09 would be perfect.

well its a high res model but even high res models will not be 100% at 24-48 hours out, 12zs will reveal more but at least the region has a chance - 

i'm in chuffing work tomorrow typically ..

Posted

well its a high res model but even high res models will not be 100% at 24-48 hours out, 12zs will reveal more but at least the region has a chance - 

i'm in chuffing work tomorrow typically ..

Yep, if nothing else, we have decent potential tomorrow. It will be interesting watching it unfold. I'm going to check the archives for Dec 09 to see what uppers/dews etc we had for that event. I'm sure they must have been similar to tomorrow's expected values.

• Like 1

Posted

Well im off to bed for a couple of hours as i been up since 4am- off to Blackburn at dinner time to watch footy,incidentally Blackburn looks very well placed tomorrow acc to euro4..

ECM looks like its about to give up on the easterly so all eggs in tomorrow basket for us..