Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

First one from me.

it’s not snowing, first time have said that since first thing this morning when i woke up and it wasn’t snowing.

it probably won’t snow tomorrow either but Sunday is going to see the heaviest snow of the winter IMBY, guaranteed to happen as on Sunday I’ll be in someone’s else’s back yard where they get even less no snow than I do.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

This is IMBY 4th March 2016

20160304_123226.jpg

Posted

New thread new one to moan about non winter..thus far.... hoping for some snow next week at least 5cm as have a few friends popping up from Kent and their kids haven’t seen snow.... I’m taking them to Buxton Tuesday.... maybe up there they might be able to go sledging....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
5 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

New thread new one to moan about non winter..thus far.... hoping for some snow next week at least 5cm as have a few friends popping up from Kent and their kids haven’t seen snow.... I’m taking them to Buxton Tuesday.... maybe up there they might be able to go sledging....

Would you like a different story tonight?

You get caugjht in the worst blizzard since 62/62 and all the hotel rooms are full in Buxton. The power has failed and your car has run out of fuel. Even McDonalds is closed and the kids are driving you mad. ITV, Sky and all the other news organisations are powerless to travel to Buxton as the conditions are too bad for helicopters to attempt a flight. Edit  The pubs have run out of beer and spirits.

Please continue....

Edited by Had Worse

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
6 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Ay, great area for Tuesday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

First one from me.

it’s not snowing, first time have said that since first thing this morning when i woke up and it wasn’t snowing.

it probably won’t snow tomorrow either but Sunday is going to see the heaviest snow of the winter IMBY, guaranteed to happen as on Sunday I’ll be in someone’s else’s back yard where they get even less no snow than I do.

You're coming to Crewe?

Posted
18 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

You get caugjht in the worst blizzard since 62/62 and all the hotel rooms are full in Buxton. The power has failed and your car has run out of fuel. Even McDonalds is closed and the kids are driving you mad. ITV, Sky and all the other news organisations are powerless to travel to Buxton as the conditions are too bad for helicopters to attempt a flight. Edit  The pubs have run out of beer and spirits.

Please continue....

Best situation if it snowed, stuck in buxton, stay in hotel, make snowmen in Park, snowball fight, friends put kids to bed, me and my partner find the one pub open and have a lock in.... forgot, then have drunken snowball fight....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & sunshine
5 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Best situation if it snowed, stuck in buxton, stay in hotel, make snowmen in Park, snowball fight, friends put kids to bed, me and my partner find the one pub open and have a lock in.... forgot, then have drunken snowball fight....

Only to find the chuckle brothers have just arrived. Arghhhhhh

15-pics-that-perfectly-capture-how-insane-blizzard2016-ls__880.thumb.gif.c11cb43450b307bf38062dba99db866e.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

ECM showing Easterly next week.... probably won't happen though :cc_confused:

Posted

Doesn’t matter it’d then have snowed, snowbound in Buxton, a few good pubs, and might try some fondue in that place on the corner.... maybe somewhere also showing Winter Olympics at the time....haha

Posted
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

First one from me.

What a shame stay home and witness nothing like all of us and yes I'm back up out of bed can't sleep these days

Posted
13 minutes ago, Chris harry said:

Only to find the chuckle brothers have just arrived. Arghhhhhh

15-pics-that-perfectly-capture-how-insane-blizzard2016-ls__880.thumb.gif.c11cb43450b307bf38062dba99db866e.gif

Only in the 80s as I can't recall further back

Posted
40 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Please continue....

And then you wake up

Posted
1 minute ago, itsnowjoke said:

And then you wake up

Or I would eat my wife :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & sunshine

Currently -5 & it's bitterly cold. 

• Like 2

Posted

Just had a look at wunderground for my location and it is suggesting a very snowy day here at 200m- pretty much heavy snow showers all day with 1-3 inches accumulating.

I suspect that is derived from GFS so i will be circumspect , however, its the most bullish i have seen for MBY for a good while, its normally one of the more cautious forecasting sites so who knows.

Think a lot will depend if any streamers setup, we surely are due an irish sea streamer heading towards greater manchester!!

• Like 1

Posted

The meto app for moorside oldham is beautiful, it really is, heavy snow all day with temps not going above zero.

The caveat again being the apps are not the most reliable, still, id rather it showed that than nothing.

FWIW GFS18Z ramps up the uppers even more with -9  uppers now across the region- thats 515 Dam- no way should it be marginal anywhere if thats correct.