Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

North west regional discussion


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Desperate measures now!

Icicles like I've not seen since 2010

BBC1  0100-0200 The snow that never came. With @Cheshire snow @crewecold  @Backtrack @chrisc @captaincroc C.S 

Posted Images

First one from me.

it’s not snowing, first time have said that since first thing this morning when i woke up and it wasn’t snowing.

it probably won’t snow tomorrow either but Sunday is going to see the heaviest snow of the winter IMBY, guaranteed to happen as on Sunday I’ll be in someone’s else’s back yard where they get even less no snow than I do.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

New thread new one to moan about non winter..thus far.... hoping for some snow next week at least 5cm as have a few friends popping up from Kent and their kids haven’t seen snow.... I’m taking them to Buxton Tuesday.... maybe up there they might be able to go sledging....

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

New thread new one to moan about non winter..thus far.... hoping for some snow next week at least 5cm as have a few friends popping up from Kent and their kids haven’t seen snow.... I’m taking them to Buxton Tuesday.... maybe up there they might be able to go sledging....

Would you like a different story tonight?

You get caugjht in the worst blizzard since 62/62 and all the hotel rooms are full in Buxton. The power has failed and your car has run out of fuel. Even McDonalds is closed and the kids are driving you mad. ITV, Sky and all the other news organisations are powerless to travel to Buxton as the conditions are too bad for helicopters to attempt a flight. Edit  The pubs have run out of beer and spirits.

 

Please continue....

Edited by Had Worse
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

New thread new one to moan about non winter..thus far.... hoping for some snow next week at least 5cm as have a few friends popping up from Kent and their kids haven’t seen snow.... I’m taking them to Buxton Tuesday.... maybe up there they might be able to go sledging....

Ay, great area for Tuesday

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

First one from me.

it’s not snowing, first time have said that since first thing this morning when i woke up and it wasn’t snowing.

it probably won’t snow tomorrow either but Sunday is going to see the heaviest snow of the winter IMBY, guaranteed to happen as on Sunday I’ll be in someone’s else’s back yard where they get even less no snow than I do.

 

You're coming to Crewe?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Would you like a different story tonight?

You get caugjht in the worst blizzard since 62/62 and all the hotel rooms are full in Buxton. The power has failed and your car has run out of fuel. Even McDonalds is closed and the kids are driving you mad. ITV, Sky and all the other news organisations are powerless to travel to Buxton as the conditions are too bad for helicopters to attempt a flight. Edit  The pubs have run out of beer and spirits.

 

Please continue....

Best situation if it snowed, stuck in buxton, stay in hotel, make snowmen in Park, snowball fight, friends put kids to bed, me and my partner find the one pub open and have a lock in.... forgot, then have drunken snowball fight....

Edited by WillinGlossop
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Best situation if it snowed, stuck in buxton, stay in hotel, make snowmen in Park, snowball fight, friends put kids to bed, me and my partner find the one pub open and have a lock in.... forgot, then have drunken snowball fight....

Only to find the chuckle brothers have just arrived. Arghhhhhh

15-pics-that-perfectly-capture-how-insane-blizzard2016-ls__880.thumb.gif.c11cb43450b307bf38062dba99db866e.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

First one from me.

it’s not snowing, first time have said that since first thing this morning when i woke up and it wasn’t snowing.

it probably won’t snow tomorrow either but Sunday is going to see the heaviest snow of the winter IMBY, guaranteed to happen as on Sunday I’ll be in someone’s else’s back yard where they get even less no snow than I do.

 

What a shame stay home and witness nothing like all of us and yes I'm back up out of bed can't sleep these days

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Would you like a different story tonight?

You get caugjht in the worst blizzard since 62/62 and all the hotel rooms are full in Buxton. The power has failed and your car has run out of fuel. Even McDonalds is closed and the kids are driving you mad. ITV, Sky and all the other news organisations are powerless to travel to Buxton as the conditions are too bad for helicopters to attempt a flight. Edit  The pubs have run out of beer and spirits.

 

Please continue....

And then you wake up

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a look at wunderground for my location and it is suggesting a very snowy day here at 200m- pretty much heavy snow showers all day with 1-3 inches accumulating.

I suspect that is derived from GFS so i will be circumspect , however, its the most bullish i have seen for MBY for a good while, its normally one of the more cautious forecasting sites so who knows.

Think a lot will depend if any streamers setup, we surely are due an irish sea streamer heading towards greater manchester!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The meto app for moorside oldham is beautiful, it really is, heavy snow all day with temps not going above zero.

The caveat again being the apps are not the most reliable, still, id rather it showed that than nothing.

FWIW GFS18Z ramps up the uppers even more with -9  uppers now across the region- thats 515 Dam- no way should it be marginal anywhere if thats correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...