Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion - proper cold spell inbound?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
1 minute ago, ghoneym said:

I figured from earlier Fyrirstaoa means "obstacle" what does Hryggur mean? 

"sorry" according to google translate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
17 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

+50C warm up? Global warming must be real :p 

Bit toasty survivable temps 80,000 foot up? Just wrap up warm just the oxygen & gamma rays and all that stuff that gets through the thin atmosphere. :D

Things officially have got interesting, well modelled...

Aye well modelled indeed and looking at all the info it has come to pass...exciting thing to watch happen, but the downstream repercussions are the unknown. Unprecedented zonal wind reversal....all bets are off from my perspective.

As regards survivability, just need a spacesuit....:)

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Just looking at the GEFS at 228 and as you would imagine they are all over the show, however there are some absolute crackers:

Easterly gensnh-11-1-228.png Easterly gensnh-18-1-228.png Northerly gensnh-14-1-228.png 

Not even sure what this is gensnh-16-1-228.png  

Posted

Actually, having a unscientific scan through the GEFS stamps, there are a lot of very cold NE/Easterlies showing up around the 300 hour mark, will be interesting to see the graph as I think the mean may trend down lower than recent runs.  The Control shows a cracking easterly as well, deep in FI, but it's showing it so would be rude not to share

gensnh-0-1-348.png gensnh-0-0-348.png

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, Ice Day said:

Just looking at the GEFS at 228 and as you would imagine they are all over the show, however there are some absolute crackers:

Easterly gensnh-11-1-228.png Easterly gensnh-18-1-228.png Northerly gensnh-14-1-228.png 

Not even sure what this is gensnh-16-1-228.png  

GFS ens have been incessant if you are of a mild disposition. A continuation of some real great synoptics not precisely small in number either a new day dawns hopefully model output sees a new ‘dawn’ too.

• Like 1

Posted

how About this for a mean! Some unbelievable runs in there. Still at T+never never land, but now that the SSW is actually underway and the long term EC and GEFS clusters are talking from the same hymn sheet, hopefully it spells deliverance...

E4AA63A8-584F-441C-8C80-CD349D190790.png

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, ITSY said:

how About this for a mean! Some unbelievable runs in there. Still at T+never never land, but now that the SSW is actually underway and the long term EC and GEFS clusters are talking from the same hymn sheet, hopefully it spells deliverance...

That’s the best day 16 mean I have seen even ECM clusters shows tide turning past day 10 it may take more time to get there than preferable, hopefully not but I fail to see how we can avoid a cold wintry spell.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

try PTB 4. for the 2010 run...

53809487-0EB9-41DB-AB7D-3D14BFFBAC39.thumb.png.27ce2096cccdf5bb6319feef0be68a8c.png

Here it is in full screen version.

gensnh-4-1-384.png gensnh-4-0-384.png

This is what a solid Greenie high can deliver.  

• Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, ITSY said:

That is pretty incredible at 384 .  Maybe tomorrow is 'tide turning' day?  

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ice Day said:

Here it is in full screen version.

gensnh-4-1-384.png gensnh-4-0-384.png

This is what a solid Greenie high can deliver.  

Forget about approaching meteorological spring it will be like a mid winter freeze.. that’s actually incredible chart I have seen an omega high being signalled it’s faint for a few days now. 

• Like 8

Posted

Gfs a complete mess in fl again ,in the nearer time both models show high pressure building up from the SW,but it needs to be further NW if we are to  see a decent  Easterly out of it ?

Much more drama to come I think in the coming days until we know if this SSW is going to give us the holy grail or not .

• Like 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

Gfs a complete mess in fl again ,in the nearer time both models show high pressure building up from the SW,but it needs to be further NW if we are to  see a decent  Easterly out of it ?

Much more drama to come I think in the coming days until we know if this SSW is going to give us the holy grail or not .

i just looked i cant see this fabel ssw coming not in fantasy world at the moment we can dream!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
15 minutes ago, tinybill said:

i just looked i cant see this fabel ssw coming not in fantasy world at the moment we can dream!!

What?

The SSW is taking place as I type in the real world. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

T144 and some welcomed consistency. Not the same but at least on the same page. Maybe we are starting to see the way forward. T168 ecm with a different profile of the pv from its previous output  gives opportunities for heights to build to our ne.

IMG_0553.PNG

IMG_0554.PNG

IMG_0555.PNG

IMG_0556.PNG

Edited by That ECM

Posted

I think models still trying to work what’s going to happen,no consistency in their output in the long range,at least the earlier time frame is more consistent for once

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
1 minute ago, Banbury said:

I think it’s a case of getting the HP over us and hoping it gets pulled off into a favourable position personally 

Ala Gem. Not great fan of the model but something like this with high just a little further north. I agree with you and that's where the interest will be moving forward imo.

IMG_0557.PNG

• Like 1

Posted

Gfs ensembles  absolutely useless,wast of ram space,:wallbash: 20 c spread in some of them ,how can you work out what’s going to happen looking at that.

• Like 1