Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion - proper cold spell inbound?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.
5 minutes ago, offerman said:

In My opinion we need the High to revert to this position that ive marked for brilliant snow possibilities. I remember a Michael Fish forecast back in thje 80`s with he used the magnetic symbols and two highs joined in to one and extended right up as i marked.So it is possible.

HP orientation.jpg

Agree - and I think this is exactly where it is set to be for a while. ECM posted above for Feb 15 has it well and truly in its box also.

Edited by Catacol
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
3 minutes ago, Catacol said:

Agree - and I think this is exactly where it is set to be for a while. ECM posted above for Feb 15 has it well and truly in its box also.

Charts that are primmed for compete SPLIT!!.

And with factors on offer its only likely to sharpen!.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

So I’m seeing a lot of talk about and ssw taking place as we head into February Now I know these things can unlock the cold into Europe. But isn’t they a chance we could Still miss out on the cold. These ssw don’t guarantee cold to our shores. Not been rude or offensive to the more knowledgeable guys. Just interested and keen to learn abit more about it. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Ec-ukmo @96.. cold firmly back on the cards!!!

UN96-7.gif

ECH0-96.gif

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD
2 minutes ago, Greggers said:

Latest MetO long range update still set on the cold/possibly very cold scenario through mid to late feb/early March... tying in nicely with the general model trends?:cold:

I couldn’t agree more but us in the U.K. are the unluckiest country in the world for getting cold weather in. :hi:but I am Still a believer ?

• Like 4

Posted
35 minutes ago, Catacol said:

Musing about Feb 15. Amy Butler has tweeted an expectation that the SSW of Feb 12 will begin to force storm tracks equatorwards after about 3 days. This is the ECM for the start of that potential process

ECH1-240.GIF?05-12

I'm seeing very cold air dropping into the mid Atlantic with pressure rising to the north and Scandy pressure also I suspect on the rise. Storm track set to shift further south as impacts of the reversal are felt and cold begins to tumble southwards.

Is this the precursor to the mother of all undercut scenarios?? I wonder what ECM would look like for weekend of 17/18. A bit of southerly adjustment and this would be the biggest blizzard since... well.... the last time we had a big blizzard.

Hmmmmmm.

You know I was just thinking the same thing when you posted that! I know most peeps on here like a bit of the White stuff but if that frigid lump of Vortex got south of the UK I don’t think you would see your Daffodils until the Bluebells had finished flowering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
41 minutes ago, Catacol said:

Musing about Feb 15. Amy Butler has tweeted an expectation that the SSW of Feb 12 will begin to force storm tracks equatorwards after about 3 days. This is the ECM for the start of that potential process

ECH1-240.GIF?05-12

I'm seeing very cold air dropping into the mid Atlantic with pressure rising to the north and Scandy pressure also I suspect on the rise. Storm track set to shift further south as impacts of the reversal are felt and cold begins to tumble southwards.

Is this the precursor to the mother of all undercut scenarios?? I wonder what ECM would look like for weekend of 17/18. A bit of southerly adjustment and this would be the biggest blizzard since... well.... the last time we had a big blizzard.

Hmmmmmm.

It's so long ago we had a blizzard down South, most on this forum were probably not born.

I know I was only 4-5yrs old, and I'm nearly 43.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

1 post on the ECM coming out...just 1!

Come on guys I’ve come on here to hear about the output of the models which are currently outputting.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, Catacol said:

Somebody mentioned the warming is in similar location to the 22 Feb 1989 ssw.

The chart for 3 days afterwards. archivesnh-1989-2-25-12-0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

1 post on the ECM coming out...just 1!

Come on guys I’ve come on here to hear about the output of the models which are currently outputting.  

It's only half past, any strat influence probably past the ECM ten days anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

It's only half past, any strat influence probably past the ECM ten days anyway.

What about from T0 to T240. That’s still important isn’t it or does that not matter anymore?  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

What about from T0 to T240. That’s still important isn’t it or does that not matter anymore?  

At 168 similar to the ukmo northwesterlies bringing -8 uppers to parts of the uk 

IMG_1238.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
2 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Keep your nicks on its only at 144z:D

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

At 168 similar to the ukmo northwesterlies bringing -8 uppers to parts of the uk 

IMG_1238.PNG

Amazing considering what I've read on here recently.Any one would think the MET had a clue:rofl:

Posted

Thanks all. Looking good then for some potent pm cold into next week. Looks cold enough even for the likes of me on the coast up here. :-) 

• Like 5

Posted

Going by these charts showing north westerly winds, temperatures look like remaining a little below normal for the foreseeable (1-2°c below 81-10 avg) Nothing particularly dramatic but crucially not mild so a continued risk of sleet and hill snow for northern areas but generally just cold and unsettled elsewhere with some frost. 

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

Bit of a runner between 144 and 168 that could be very wintry on the northern flank 

ECM1-168.GIF?05-0

Looking cold zonal Atlantic sourced wearther for a period. GFS also looked Atlantic influenced right into FI. Good for norhern areas and scotland. 

Edited by Chevron12345
  • Like 1