Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2018 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Looks like a terrible first 5 days of May. Highs of 11-13c, rain on 4/5 days, only 22 hours of sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

St James's Park, London has hit 23.2c making it hottest London Marathon on record 

St James's Park, London has now hit 24.1c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

St James's Park, London has now hit 24.1c

Another world here and very unusual as it is currently 12 deg  but was 20deg at 09.00

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Much improved from yesterday. Rained for a while now the sun is out. But the air is much fresher.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

A much more pleasant week coming up,fresh and so much easier for working in.:)...especially in shorts!

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

has been a beautiful start to the week with wall to wall sunshine and temps today topping out at 21c..likely to end April on a topsy turvy note..with the month starting exceptionally cold with temps below -30c and could end this weekend with temps close to +30c.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Nice to see ECM keep hinting at a warm and fairly settled bank holiday weekend

Hope it's right would be nice to get a good BH weekend for a change

Posted
9 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Nice to see ECM keep hinting at a warm and fairly settled bank holiday weekend

Hope it's right would be nice to get a good BH weekend for a change

Hooray. I’ll get my lawn done.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Utterly dreadful weather here. We’re paying for those nice couple of days last week, big time. A high of 7C in the London area at the end of April is very poor indeed.

Posted
4 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Utterly dreadful weather here. We’re paying for those nice couple of days last week, big time. A high of 7C in the London area at the end of April is very poor indeed.

But its very much the exception. Fear not, the London area will be back up soon enough... 

Posted
23 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

For people like us who enjoy warmer weather, but not for those who wear t- shirts and shorts at 14c. 

This is probably one of the worst springs for dull and cold weather.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
14 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

For people like us who enjoy warmer weather, but not for those who wear t- shirts and shorts at 14c. 

well you need a reality check my friend. march was down to the ssw. and april has only recorded about 9 below average days all month. the CET coming out above average is testament to that. And as for wanting upper 20s right through til the autumn; I'm sorry to break it to you but this isn't the south of france.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
22 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Is it? Spring 2013 was colder. Most trees were still bare into May. This year they are starting to come into leaf.

• Like 1

Posted

shall I repeat  stats are nonsense?? Of course April will come out above average when you have mids 20s for a   4 days.. Over all April as been dire. apart from about  5 days last week. This spring as been dreadful compared to springs in recent years..

In fact since last July apart from October..the last 7/8 months have been terrible. cant remember  such a long period of weather that's been this depressing..

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, weatherguru14 said:

shall I repeat  stats are nonsense?? Of course April will come out above average when you have mids 20s for a   4 days.. Over all April as been dire. apart from about  5 days last week. This spring as been dreadful compared to springs in recent years..

In fact since last July apart from October..the last 7/8 months have been terrible. cant remember  such a long period of weather that's been this depressing..

like I said, likely the ssw.

Posted

I think people complain about the weather  when its constantly this bad.  I know i want a settled period of weather now. where we  get 8/10 days of  warmish  temps and lots of sunshine.. Months of change after change  on a daily bases is pointless. Its like look  its gonna be nice for  3 hours..This afternoon  the clouds roll in and the day is ruined again. Last weeks weather  was splendid.. I,like most don't want it to be the only   settled spell in weeks. that's the issue. Would be nice if  2018 we got our fair share of settled summery weather..I think we would accept another poor summer next year if that was the case.

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Is it? Spring 2013 was colder. Most trees were still bare into May. This year they are starting to come into leaf.

It’s one of the worst. Let’s not get so pedantic about it. 

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

well you need a reality check my friend. march was down to the ssw. and april has only recorded about 9 below average days all month. the CET coming out above average is testament to that. And as for wanting upper 20s right through til the autumn; I'm sorry to break it to you but this isn't the south of france.

A warmer and sunnier summer is too much to ask for? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, draztik said:

But its very much the exception. Fear not, the London area will be back up soon enough... 

We’ve had loads of days like this during this Spring so far. Indeed, plenty during the winter just gone, too. Vile, grey, cold, depressing crap. Certainly hasn’t felt like an exception. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

At least the vile weather that looked likely tomorrow has been shunted east. We should escape with a dry day tomorrow, and a high of 10C rather than 7C (although that's still cool for the time of year).

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Lack of sunshine has probably been the main issue for south-east England during this spring so far, rather than cold (as some have pointed out, the cold March has been offset by a warm April).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

It’s one of the worst. Let’s not get so pedantic about it. 

At the end of Spring show some stats then to back up your comment.