Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2018 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
9 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

An interesting April weather wise for sure, after a burst of mild spring conditions, GFS and Meto  hinting at a return of cold conditions from the north for the last week and into early May.

"mild"?! Have I died and woken up in the south of france? People on here seem to forget that spring in the UK is 12-16C. Even the peak july average for the NW at least is 19c.Next week's charts are summer weather, not spring. And they can't disappear soon enough. If we have to endure sunless, rainy days to keep the temps where they should be, then its the lesser of two evils imo.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
12 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

An interesting April weather wise for sure, after a burst of mild spring conditions, GFS and Meto  hinting at a return of cold conditions from the north for the last week and into early May.

I for one am hoping it does turn wintry again at the end of the month!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
4 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

"mild"?! Have I died and woken up in the south of france? People on here seem to forget that spring in the UK is 12-16C. Even the peak july average for the NW at least is 19c.Next week's charts are summer weather, not spring. And they can't disappear soon enough. If we have to endure sunless, rainy days to keep the temps where they should be, then its the lesser of two evils imo.

Mid-April average high in London is 14-15c. Typically April will have 3 days above 20c.

18c is average in mid-May.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
24 minutes ago, B87 said:

Mid-April average high in London is 14-15c. Typically April will have 3 days above 20c.

18c is average in mid-May.

Might very well be the case, but I don't live in the SE. My posted temps were for my neck of the woods.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm, sunny summers

Don't think I've seen a Spring in my life so far with as many completely dull days as 2018.

Edited by BruenSryan
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot
21 minutes ago, BruenSryan said:

Don't think I've seen a Spring in my life so far with as many completely dull days as 2018.

It's been a long time since we've had an April as relentlessly cold as this one.  Lunchtime on a mid-April day: 7C, what you'd expect in January or February.  I'll be surprised if the promised warm weather actually materialises, it's always a case of "jam in a week's time".

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms
16 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Pollen levels across the south tomorrow are forecast to hit HIGH

And UV levels will be rising into next week too. Sure a lot of people will be caught out by the sudden arrival of Summer

• Like 1

Posted
18 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Are you insane?

I like the fact we’ve had more cold during the past winter and first half of March, but I’m starting to find the cold and damp rather tedious as we move deeper into April. I’ll welcome a spell of warm sunny or even above average heat in place of the cool and damp weather we’ve had to endure of late. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
25 minutes ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

It's been a long time since we've had an April as relentlessly cold as this one.  Lunchtime on a mid-April day: 7C, what you'd expect in January or February.  I'll be surprised if the promised warm weather actually materialises, it's always a case of "jam in a week's time".

You mean the warm weather that is arriving in the next 48hrs?

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
32 minutes ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

April 2012 was as awful as this, felt like endless April showers and downpours with daytime maxima struggling at 8-11c mostly. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

You mean the warm weather that is arriving in the next 48hrs?

Not here. Forecast temps over the weekend 13-15C, merely what you'd expect at this time of year although an improvement on the January temps we've been enduring for almost 6 months.  "Warm temps" (19-20C) expected next Wed and Thurs.  So for me it's still a case of "jam tomorrow".

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

It seems to be struggling to warm up this year. Maybe the February and early March snow and bitter temps have affected this?

Sea temps are low for the time of the year, especially the North Sea (as you'd expect).  Current sea temps in Liverpool Bay just 6C.  Bear in mind I'm a bare-skin winter swimmer and I record water temps whenever I swim outdoors - my own measurements are taken using the method stipulated by FINA.  At New Brighton I expect to see 11-12C in late April which won't happen this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Plenty of cool springs in the 1980s,we have been spoilt with generally milder ones the last 20 years.

Posted
3 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Are you insane?

I like the fact we’ve had more cold during the past winter and first half of March, but I’m starting to find the cold and damp rather tedious as we move deeper into April. I’ll welcome a spell of warm sunny or even above average heat in place of the cool and damp weather we’ve had to endure of late. 

I'm perfectly sane. You have to realise that we all feel the temperatures differently. I've seen people in winter coats in 28c heatwaves. Likewise I've seen people in t shirts and shorts in 3c

Once winter is over, even the slightest sniff of high pressure sends the temps soaring thanks to humid crap from europe. IF we could get sunny days, with average temps, then I'd welcome them. Nothing against sunshine, but can't stand above average temps. I feel warm at 12c, very warm at 18c uncomfortable at 22c and physically sick at 25c or above. Be thankful you have a body that tolerates warmth, because I wish I did.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 hour ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Likewise I've seen people in t shirts and shorts in 3c

Guilty of that:) Felt lovely!

1 hour ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Nothing against sunshine, but can't stand above average temps. I feel warm at 12c, very warm at 18c uncomfortable at 22c and physically sick at 25c or above.

Agree,anything above 25c is uncomfortable,makes my job hell. I have to work in conditions of 40c plus with 100% humidity so keeping cool is essential. Trust me walking out of a room at 40c plus into temps of 5c is the nearest thing to heaven i will ever get!:D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
6 hours ago, Milhouse said:

And UV levels will be rising into next week too. Sure a lot of people will be caught out by the sudden arrival of Summer

Perfect for me and my naturally olive skin. I still have a slight tan from last summer.

Posted

Breaking news! I found a rare phenomena, I think it’s called the sun!

367d55cf2e0e5c06c71f7c8ece8bf41c0c0851aac586f792d3dec623caa417ba.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

After next weeks warmth some of the models then show the Azores high moving in

Things are starting to look more promising now

:)

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

still below freezing here and snowing..seems like winter will never end.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, cheeky_monkey said:

still below freezing here and snowing..seems like winter will never end.

Not sure what your average temp is this time of year but I'd guess spring warmth is still a week away at least?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/5946768

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
6 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Not sure what your average temp is this time of year but I'd guess spring warmth is still a week away at least?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/5946768

average should be 11-12c this time of year...have only got above freezing once so far this April

• Like 1