Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2018 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

Come on Nick, 18C is hardly unrealistic expectations in April lol, just like 26-27C isn't unrealistic in high summer.

Even in March it isn't highly unrealistic to expect at least one day to reach 18C.

Posted

Sick of monotonous mucky grey leaden featureless cloudy skies ,  err  just let me look out of the window,    yes can confirm the same again today  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
11 hours ago, Nick L said:

You know summer is approaching when the unrealistic expectations start. 

Lovely the last couple of days. 

What is unrealistic about 18c in April? My location averages 3 days above 20c and peaks at about 22c in a typical April.

Posted

Also to add, if the average April high is 14c, would that also make days of 10c equally unrealistic?

Posted

The best days so far here have been workdays apart from Sunday 24th with relentless grey or rain every weekend otherwise, which has rather affected our view of Spring so far. Although it’s milder it doesn’t feel springlike yet. Yesterday we were under the cloud so only reached about 12 and today we’re just off the edge of blue further southwest. Hopefully some improvements mid week are due.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Spring is certainly kicking in this morning.......eyes streaming,can't stop sneezing..oh the unbridled joy of this season:nonono:

Posted
3 hours ago, markyo said:

Spring is certainly kicking in this morning.......eyes streaming,can't stop sneezing..oh the unbridled joy of this season:nonono:

I get super bad hayfever, but this year it's noticeable by its absence. So far anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
10 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I get super bad hayfever, but this year it's noticeable by its absence. So far anyway.

Fear not,the sneeze beast will soon arrive:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

It's almost like the weather knows when the kids are going back to school they return on Monday just as the models signal a change to warmer and more settled conditions

Posted

Another 12.8mm of rain so far today, meaning we're already at 94% of the average for the whole month. We've had 90% of the expected rainfall for spring and we're not even half way through yet.

A telling stat is we haven't had more than 48 hours without any precipitation since 6th December now! The grass is growing like mad and it can't be cut.

It's been a wet 12 months too. The rolling 12 month rainfall total is 120% of average at nearly 800mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Hopefully this grim week will be rewarded by glorious sunshine next week!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
2 hours ago, Nick L said:

Hopefully this grim week will be rewarded by glorious sunshine next week!

It's certainly needed. Fields round my way are flooded, and roads are awash from rain and runoff. Very depressing and poor Spring so far. Haven't even managed to give my grass its first cut yet. 

Posted

Forecast for next week looks amazing; 26c and sunny in London on Wed/Thu. Could be the first 80F let alone the first 70F of the year.

Now we just need to up the sunshine a bit so the month at least makes it to average, because at the moment we are still on course to record the cloudiest April in history.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
16 hours ago, B87 said:

Forecast for next week looks amazing; 26c and sunny in London on Wed/Thu. Could be the first 80F let alone the first 70F of the year.

Now we just need to up the sunshine a bit so the month at least makes it to average, because at the moment we are still on course to record the cloudiest April in history.

A dreadful period of weather at the moment, I’m so sick of grey skies and everything constantly wet. Wouldn’t mind the rain as much if there were decent sunny spells in between. 

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Very atypical conditions for the time of year it has to be said. No sun for nearly five days! That's quite a feat even in winter!

Looking forward to the sunnier southeasterly on the way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!

Hey guys. :closedeyes:

Don't usually write during the Spring/Summer on the forum, but thought I would drop in and talk a bit.

After the cold end of winter (And getting fed up with therian and cool weather), hoping we'll get some lovely warm weather to brighten us all up. 8)

Next week, maybe?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I am a little worried that this April will turn out to be a repeat of 2012's April. In fact, Spring as a whole has been awful so far this year. At least the March in 2012 was a good one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
6 hours ago, Alice1991 said:

I am a little worried that this April will turn out to be a repeat of 2012's April. In fact, Spring as a whole has been awful so far this year. At least the March in 2012 was a good one.

A bit of a puzzling post considering the model output for the weekend and beyond. Looking gorgeous after this dire week.

• Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, Alice1991 said:

An interesting April weather wise for sure, after a burst of mild spring conditions, GFS and Meto  hinting at a return of cold conditions from the north for the last week and into early May.

• Like 2