Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Met Office regional forecast, currently saying cloudy on Tuesday with outbreaks of snow, with rain near the coasts

Be interesting to see, if they continue to go with that, or changes over time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

No downgrades :shok:

:yahoo:

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
38 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Would think the opposite if you look in the other thread ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

Looks stunning for cold. Do you think any decent snow will make it to the the west country this time though... I still find it hard to believe just yet but I have 5 years of disappointment drummed in to my memory.!

Posted
7 hours ago, khodds said:

Meeeeeee!! Lol!

We were given a sledge a good few years back made by BMW. It's quite a monster. Never been used ??, we also have a couple of big bags of salt in the garage never been  used and also a snow shovel never been used ???

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
27 minutes ago, SNOW CRYSTAL said:

We were given a sledge a good few years back made by BMW. It's quite a monster. Never been used ??, we also have a couple of big bags of salt in the garage never been  used and also a snow shovel never been used ???

DITTO! the kids can’t reme using the sledge it was so long ago.

on another note, it’s actually cold already, 0.3c at the moment and icy. Let the temperature drop commence!

Posted

Blasted cloud drifting in off the sea low Sc and Cu. The 00 sounding was quite unstable in the lower layers The Dangler seems to be a tad further east.

2018020200.03808.skewt_parc.thumb.gif.08aad533ad7a3bd8397f2469e590bf9f.gif

Edited by knocker

Posted

Your Apps are really a waste of time imo at the moment. I will be staggered and shocked if a lot of members in this thread don’t do well out of this setup at some point in the next 7 days! If you do miss out, then you probably won’t have to travel far to get a fix!

exciting stuff, ecm is exactly what we want! Even the chance of a channel type Low! “The Holy Grail” 

bring it on!

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I don’t understand this! Ive been asleep since 11:30pm, got up at 5:30 did exercise, it’s 8am and I’ve run out of likes quota!  I’ve not bloody used one today! :help:

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Things still looking good, but can't fully get excited until I see snow falling.

I wan't to build a snowman

Image result for giant snowman

• Like 3

Posted
50 minutes ago, khodds said:

DITTO! the kids can’t reme using the sledge it was so long ago.

on another note, it’s actually cold already, 0.3c at the moment and icy. Let the temperature drop commence!

I’ve still got the one my parents bought me 50years ago, just shows how often it’s been used, it’s still purfek, it’s the rider that’s worn..:sorry:

Meanwhile with an overcast sky the temperature has held up, currently 3.5C, with a light breeze in from the NW.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
4 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

I’ve still got the one my parents bought me 50years ago, just shows how often it’s been used, it’s still purfek, it’s the rider that’s worn..:sorry:

This is my actual sledge! It needs replacing as it’s pants on soft fluffy snow 

54F4105D-3D7B-433A-9698-6D80205666BE.thumb.jpeg.2347895a48c4330aef5f4ed4d8e15c0e.jpeg

But on ice it’s like my old Nissan Cheery Europe..... dangerous!

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

I got caught out last night lol. I thought I would go and see how buried the sledges were in the shed before anyone got home.

I was rumbled as I was digging around trying to free the poor things ,I heard a voice behind me say " here we go again! I'm guessing there is a wif of snow in the charts"  startled  I said no I'm trying to tidy it up in here.  Needless to say I managed to free them and put them in easy reach in case of emergencies . Here's hoping we all get lucky this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy
11 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

This is my actual sledge! It needs replacing as it’s pants on soft fluffy snow 

54F4105D-3D7B-433A-9698-6D80205666BE.thumb.jpeg.2347895a48c4330aef5f4ed4d8e15c0e.jpeg

But on ice it’s like my old Nissan Cheery Europe..... dangerous!

Looks like we've reached a pause - the cold looks nailed on, but we're still a bit far out for confidence in snowfall, small features tend to pop up at short notice and there is still uncertainty about how far east the front will reach on Tuesday, and how much precipitation it will produce. I won't be getting my sledge out just yet...

• Like 1

Posted

The trouble with chasing snow and the many times the charts do not verify just adds to the disappointment.  However such as occasions like this when you can see at long last the probability of verification it still seems an eternity waiting for the holy grail and your frustration is increased to a maximum if even then its nothing like youd hoped for.

Whats wrong with me lol I must have masochistic tendencies.  Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

• Like 1

Posted

I’m really looking forward to the cold temperatures that we might get, so if I were to miss out then that’s not a bad second!

plus I have the advantage of deciding whether to work in Dorset or Sussex next week, so I can chase accordingly ? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy
32 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I’m really looking forward to the cold temperatures that we might get, so if I were to miss out then that’s not a bad second!

plus I have the advantage of deciding whether to work in Dorset or Sussex next week, so I can chase accordingly ? 

Good point! I love a cold period (hard frosts and cold days - preferably either snowy or blue skies). It also helps kill the garden/allotment pests...

• Like 1

Posted

Tuesday, then Wednesday (more particularly for our region) and then Thursday night into Friday are our snow chances next week from Frontal snow, Wednesday is more Troughy coming down from the NW. 

We have our best chance for YEARS!! If your'e not sucked in now then you won't be even when the snow is falling LOL 

None of this M4 rubbish, it's not a marginal setup, repeat, not a marginal Setup. 

Thursday night into Friday is of particular interest to me if we can get it closer, because majority of the snow falls overnight, so much better for stickyness :D

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
31 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Tuesday, then Wednesday (more particularly for our region) and then Thursday night into Friday are our snow chances next week from Frontal snow, Wednesday is more Troughy coming down from the NW. 

We have our best chance for YEARS!! If your'e not sucked in now then you won't be even when the snow is falling LOL 

None of this M4 rubbish, it's not a marginal setup, repeat, not a marginal Setup. 

Thursday night into Friday is of particular interest to me if we can get it closer, because majority of the snow falls overnight, so much better for stickyness :D

Friday I'm driving to Heathrow Airport... :oops:

Posted
11 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Friday I'm driving to Heathrow Airport... :oops:

Might want to plan to leave earlier lol 

Posted

Anyone else noticed how low the DP’s are today.. I’m reading 1c but it’s probably less than that as sensor is surrounded by Jasmine bush 

EDiT: must have cached on my phone from this morning, actually reading 3.c now

Edited by karlos1983