Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Everything still looks good to me today, but we don’t want any further south corrections really, case of careful what you wish for a bit. Makes for a nervy 12z.... no change there then.

edit: 

ECM mean looks good to me anyway. 

-8 850 line stays of the west coast of the UK throughout. 

Remember the ops will throw a very not going to happen cold run in and a less colder not likely to happen run in every now and then. 

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted

Overnight low of 2.5c for me, now 2.8c with a do of 0.7c.

could see some crazy DP readings over the next 7-10 days!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Morning all, still okay this morning then.. phew! Off to work, going to try and not peek until lunchtime and then again at 6 when I finish. We will see if I can last that long!

Lets hope that the minor wobbles become upgrades nearer to T+0 and beyond. 

Posted

Morning all. 3C here and that's as cold as it gets. Off to the gym for a couple of hours then off to get some lagging and see if Ican get some decent wellies. That should guarantee no snow here.:wallbash:

Posted

For the benefit of doubt, I’m more onboard than Tony Hawkes in the late 90’s! :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning, not a bad start to the day here, dry but clouding over so that may not last, no frost.

As regards the incoming cold, just been in the mad thread and from what I can tell it's going to get cold, probably from Sunday night/Monday morning onwards. It's going to stay cold for a bit, at least a week, possibly two, maybe more. It may be absolutely Baltic or it may be just blinking cold, either way it's going to be cold enough that anything which does fall from the sky will be white, not wet. Personally speaking, I'm not bothered about severe low temperatures, just low enough for snow will do me. Content if it lasts a week or two, after that I'm happy for it to clear off and the Azores high to re-appear with gusto and give us a nice warm start to spring.

Only one hope, if we are to get so much cold, so late in the season, can it at least have the decency to give us a channel low and a classic SW battleground mega dumping please. Not too much to ask, is it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted

I'm with Jethro on this except can it get cold and hover around zero for a week or two, be either sunny and bright or snowy and bright. Please can it not be grey with ice pellets in a howling easterly and please can the temperature not go below -8 ever at night? Thanks weather Gods

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

I'm with Jethro on this except can it get cold and hover around zero for a week or two, be either sunny and bright or snowy and bright. Please can it not be grey with ice pellets in a howling easterly and please can the temperature not go below -8 ever at night? Thanks weather Gods

Crikey, -8c could be a real threat for your location Frosty Hollows! Especially if you see any snowfall and the wind slackens off overnight.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Out of interest I have noticed the Met office and other media are now calling it 'The beast from the east'. I know on this forum over the years this sort of potential set up has always been called by that phrase too.Do you think they have copied it from here,or is it the other way round?

Posted

We need a new thread now,being professional in my outlook,i have to read all 180 pages before going to work to check theres been no changes,that takes until midday lol,meanwhile in the Mad thread confusion reigns,one poor chap,having urged caution,with his upset tummy,more runs required,thought that we may have to wait until next Monday,to see how Sundays weather [yes the day before] was going to turn out,bit of a head shaker that one,still it got I giggling,have a good day all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Its gone quiet! GFS still just about OK at t144 for our region post that we lose the real low uppers and settle for -8 then it comes back again even colder......moral of the story always wait till the run is finished before posting!!!

Edited by festivalking
  • Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Its gone quiet! GFS still just about OK at t144 for our region post that we lose the real low uppers and settle for -8 then it comes back again even colder......moral of the story always wait till the run is finished before posting!!!

It’s quiet because we are content in the output I think now.. 8)

my nerves are very quickly disappearing. I am now struggling to see how we can avoid a cold spell starting Sunday, delivering uppers of at least -10. Bang tidy!! 

• Like 2

Posted

Snow storm anyone? Of the non marginal type ?

CB6AC013-41D0-43AE-9C7F-7BFD81D1378D.thumb.png.37e5215008128e8de7ce80e104858e12.png03EC11B1-D824-490E-AA53-4005FC9C0AA9.thumb.png.75489f8e45dda17ffc421c668c24ebb2.png0E19D723-55CC-4ED3-83A4-68D9628CFAA4.thumb.png.71a9c611f046e209350cd8dac861607f.png

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

CB6AC013-41D0-43AE-9C7F-7BFD81D1378D.thumb.png.37e5215008128e8de7ce80e104858e12.png03EC11B1-D824-490E-AA53-4005FC9C0AA9.thumb.png.75489f8e45dda17ffc421c668c24ebb2.png0E19D723-55CC-4ED3-83A4-68D9628CFAA4.thumb.png.71a9c611f046e209350cd8dac861607f.png

After 12 years on this forum my weeble is coming off the fence tomorrow evening if the output remains as good.  Hopefully to be able to apply some colour to it after its been battered by a blizzard.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
13 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

That would be a snow day no two snow days off work if that transpired!! Still not on board though as @*Stormforce~beka* says its way out in la la land but oh my it is beautiful to see

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

That would be awesome and in time for the weekend too.

To be followed up with one of those UK whiteout satellite shots. It might even include Purbeck this time.

Closer to home, this weekend looks decent out of the wind. Might even fire the BBQ up. :cold-emoji:

image.thumb.png.14f060eec07fcb581f5cd60da344f2f4.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

So... all ok so far...?

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, SN0W SN0W SN0W said:

Now this would be cold! 

240-290UK.GIF?21-6

Just what you want for Saints V Stoke.  Which would be a frigid affair at the best of times. :mellow: