Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Princetown now showing plus 5 with a private station now at plus 4 which is a 9 degree drop since lunchtime. Dew point also at plus 2 so I would suggest a frost before midnight across the sheltered parts of the Moor.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

i would have loved to go and say how us southerners have not gotten snow for a long while but i suspect someone has already done it! @jethro ;) 

Edited by Leon1

Posted

Wind now dropping out across many parts of the South West. Dew points across much of Somerset and Devon holding at 2 degrees. Temperatures just outside Honiton are also showing 4 degrees. Looks like frosts before Midnight for many. I wonder if we will see a minus 3 tonight? And today is the first day/night of the cold spell. :cold-emoji:

Edited by OldBloke
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Paul's post in the MAD thread an hour or so ago summed things quite nicely i.e squabbling toddlers.......jeez h christ, quite a few people in there either need to get out a bit more, or lose their virginity.....or both....lololololol

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
3 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

Paul's post in the MAD thread an hour or so ago summed things quite nicely i.e squabbling toddlers.......jeez h christ, quite a few people in there either need to get out a bit more, or lose their virginity.....or both....lololololol

Sometimes I think life would have been simpler if id never lost it and had no interest in it.. :help::rofl:

Girls = :girl_devil:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Quite right there ajp'. The thing is with the models, they are just that. If the modeling was as good as everyone hopes to think, then the models would all say pretty much the same thing. They don't. So why do folk give much credence to those models. Beyond me. In fact anything beyond 10 days is pure conjecture. Close study of the general synoptic charts will give you 5 days positive. And why everyone gets so excited about the 850 and 500 hPa is another head scratcher. 

• Like 1

Posted

Relying on the knowledgeable here for their analysis on the models. MAD thread is beyond me trying to desipher what’s what. Would help if I bothered to learn how to read the models after all these years. Think we have the best thread in nw tbh, cheers guys!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
8 minutes ago, Richard Fisher said:

Poor 18:30 BBC forecast snow wise. Cold but dry right out to Monday. Still time for it to change though.

Nothing to forecast in terms of precip between now and then. The fun starts beyond that.

Talking of which..

850temp_168.thumb.jpg.620d2c4093da126c077949bdb80e4362.jpg

Interesting little feature being modeled at day 7. If it's already doing it at that range, then anything could happen next week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Nothing to forecast in terms of precip between now and then. The fun starts beyond that.

Talking of which..

850temp_168.thumb.jpg.620d2c4093da126c077949bdb80e4362.jpg

Interesting little feature being modeled at day 7. If it's already doing it at that range, then anything could happen next week.

That feature would run right across central south :give_rose:

Stunning :)

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Mapantz said:

I don't normally like to wish time away. But, I cannot wait to get past this weekend! lol

Is that a ramp Mapantz.... :santa-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, Nights King said:

Is that a ramp Mapantz.... :santa-emoji:

a 50/50 one, NK. :D

I just like extremes, and even more so when owning a weather station. I find it fascinating to keep an eye on my dew points/wetbulbs etc - I'm exactly the same in the Summer, with moist plumes. :o

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

I seldom post but always read, have tracked MAD thread all winter and nothing comes close to what is about to unfold next week. Thought I would never see another 1962/63 but this could even rival that epic if the ECM low next Tuesday materialises, and I would not rule out further Chanel lows after. Seriously folks ENJOY BUT BE PREPARED, this is a very unusual experience so ensure others are safe after the weekend if it is still in play.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I did the don’t look at phone trick between 6 & 7pm And it’s not let me down! 

Wow wow wow #isitmondayyeticantflippingwaitimsoimpatientrahhhhhhhhhhhh 

my superstition worked! You wanna see me on Cup Final day, my routines are something else! :closedeyes: 

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Like here, like there, likes everywhere.  :yahoo:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

i really hope there's snow in the south... 

• Like 2