Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Can I just point out (Im a vagrant from the Northwest by the way)... If the flow is ENEly at any point.. Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly is going to see it's coldest weather since 2009. Enjoy.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I’m sooo doing this next week...

7DCB23A7-B4C3-410A-B0F4-941C137CF0CA.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, khodds said:

I’m sooo doing this next week...

7DCB23A7-B4C3-410A-B0F4-941C137CF0CA.png

OH WOW!!! MY GIRLS WOULD LOVE TO DO THIS!! What food colouring would be best?

Posted
2 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

When can I tell my brothers they may want to pack an extra layer for the cup final? I can’t be doing with them moaning all bloody day! 

Tomorrow? Wednesday, Thursday? I feel we need mutual agreement for the telling of others!

Be subtle Just make sure they have pocket money for a hot dog and a hot cuppa or six lol. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

OH WOW!!! MY GIRLS WOULD LOVE TO DO THIS!! What food colouring would be best?

I’m just going to get Morrisons own cheap stuff ?

Posted
16 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I wanna see everyones balls in the ice!!

If it gets as cold as they say everyones balls will too shrivelled to respond to any request lol.

Posted

I don't personally care for how long it will last. 12 hours of laying snow would do me. It can thaw away then for all I care. We've had nothing for years now. I genuinely feel there is something decent coming. Let's hope it doesn't sit in the channel!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers
1 hour ago, Isleofwightsnowgal74 said:

Do you honestly think it will actually ‘proper’ snow on the island tho? Like laying snow? I’m just not convinced still :cray:

We will not get a better chance - I think we my well be lucky something akin to 2010 if we are lucky!

It would be awesome to get some snow just to see the faces of my 7 year old boy and 18 month old daughter, that would make my year.

Edited by Bobafet
  • Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, khodds said:

I’m just going to get Morrisons own cheap stuff ?

Ah now you see i'm thinking the opposite! I don't want my balls ruined! I only get snow once every 1000 years! This deserves the premium brand!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
15 minutes ago, snowysouth said:

I don't personally care for how long it will last. 12 hours of laying snow would do me. It can thaw away then for all I care. We've had nothing for years now. I genuinely feel there is something decent coming. Let's hope it doesn't sit in the channel!

May I suggest baby wipes :ninja::laugh:

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

hmm.....whilst seeing bitterly cold charts is great, there is a dawning reality.......spare a thought for those of us who work outdoors and are self employed.....As my missus pointed out to me, a week unable to work and earn will put us right up the creek without a paddle.......not to mention the vunerable (elderly etc) .......I haven't posted in the model threads as it will just get shot down, but whilst snow and ice incoming on the outputs is nice etc, the wild ramping shown by many in there shows a real detatchment from the reality of what those kind of charts (if they verify) will have on the country

Edited by Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

deleted......shouldn't use naughty words....lol

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
12 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

I was going to share my snow pics from December 10th but I can't upload them from my phone. Not sure why but I suspect a jealous mod has blocked me :sorry:

Here you go :)

image.png

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
14 minutes ago, Nights King said:

May I suggest baby wipes :ninja::laugh:

LMFAO  :rofl:

i just nearly fell off the sofa!!

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

hmm.....whilst seeing bitterly cold charts is great, there is a dawning reality.......spare a thought for those of us who work outdoors and are self employed.....As my missus pointed out to me, a week unable to work and earn will put us right up the creek without a paddle.......not to mention the vunerable (elderly etc) .......I haven't posted in the model threads as it will just get shot down, but whilst snow and ice incoming on the outputs is nice etc, the wild ramping shown by many in there shows a real detatchment from the reality of what those kind of charts (if they verify) will have on the country

True I work outside also but once in a lifetime events are worth it in my opinion as a weather nut.  

Never hear people worry about a heatwaves though or storm damage which we see every year and everyone gets excited about those!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Yet another one of these the 18z, so far anyway. 

Image result for upgrade button

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, Nights King said:

True I work outside also but once in a lifetime events are worth it in my opinion as a weather nut.  

Never hear people worry about a heatwaves though or storm damage which we see every year and everyone gets excited about those!!

don't get me wrong, I'm still excited and will probably be on the blower to the bank in the morning asking for an extended overdraft just in case, but I still get 'switched off' by some posters who are describing the outputs as if they are a 'video game' which will have no baring on the real world effects on people if you see what I mean :)

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, ajpoolshark said:

don't get me wrong, I'm still excited and will probably be on the blower to the bank in the morning asking for an extended overdraft just in case, but I still get 'switched off' by some posters who are describing the outputs as if they are a 'video game' which will have no baring on the real world effects on people if you see what I mean :)

True but no point in reacting... the weather will do what the weather will do no matter what any of us want or think. I would think after the 2010 debacle uk councils would be a little more prepared this time now they realize winter still happens occasionally... :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

:shok:

18_180_ukthickness850.png

• Like 2

Posted

I work outdoors too,i also love the snow,i really wonder why sometimes.....my last proper snow in 2010 saw me lose control on black ice of my 2.7 ton van,do 1300 quids worth of damage to innocents car,cowering like rabbits in headlights,got wedged sideways on the lane and cut off two villages for about 20 minutes,my van was so damaged from various previous incidents,it didn't really matter lol