Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
19 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Definitely bringing my work laptop home with me every night in the hope of getting snowed in.

This is exciting but we will all be bored of snow once the electricity goes out! And we won't be able to dry clothing without the heating ... Sad times are acoming!!

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
3 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

Revenge better cold... ? who said that earlier? That's a gem.  Anyway, just sit with your arms folded as the windows start pulsating in the blizzard. Then tell hubby he has to go out and get the shopping in. Tell him there is neither beer nor sandwich, nor dinner lol.  Do all that with a very calm, 'I told you so' face. :girl_devil: Whilst you scoff the choc and snack stash when he's not looking.

It was me that said that.... Looking forward to the sofa hugger's face when behold he opens the sitting room curtains next week and thinks he's in the Alps..... ?????????? I may demote him to vegetable soup whilst daughter and myself dine on stockpiled smoked salmon and rump steak... ?

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, Purplepixii said:

Anyone started their bulk buying of bread & milk yet? :rofl:

I'll show you a picture after school run ...

Posted
42 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Check out the DP's already on Saturday :shok::cold:

Dew point EURO4 Sa 24.02.2018 06 GMT

-12c heading to Benelux......

And for the same time, a freight train of similar values behind it.

image.thumb.png.65e3afec8319d99e48089ce51e7de071.png

Chooo! Chooo!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

Revenge better cold... ? who said that earlier? That's a gem.  Anyway, just sit with your arms folded as the windows start pulsating in the blizzard. Then tell hubby he has to go out and get the shopping in. Tell him there is neither beer nor sandwich, nor dinner lol.  Do all that with a very calm, 'I told you so' face. :girl_devil: Whilst you scoff the choc and snack stash when he's not looking.

Whilst crying into my pinifore that we are all going to die?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy
3 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

This is it South West and Central Southern England members! Your time has come! :yahoo:

Serious cold spell on the horizon - charts/Metoffice update must make great reading for you! I am extremely jealous but glad you are all in the firing line for some proper snowfall! About bloody time! 

I hope every single one of you get a fantastic snow fix and I look forward to popping into this thread next week to see scenes like these below! (Taken yesterday on my hike up the Arrochar Alps, Scotland)

All the best! 

Cheers. :cold::cold-emoji:

40896DD0-BEEA-4ABB-8D25-8FCFEDFCFB8F.jpeg

12171253-972D-4D78-AF32-6DFA7FAEDD60.jpeg

E36EFD59-EF6B-4551-BF78-47B15AF19016.jpeg

12680EA7-FBA2-4ED0-B8E8-759021FEA4F2.jpeg

Might need an earthquake to get scenes like that in Wilts...We think Cley hill's a big one... :rofl:

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

This is it South West and Central Southern England members! Your time has come! :yahoo:

Serious cold spell on the horizon - charts/Metoffice update must make great reading for you! I am extremely jealous but glad you are all in the firing line for some proper snowfall! About bloody time! 

I hope every single one of you get a fantastic snow fix and I look forward to popping into this thread next week to see scenes like these below! (Taken yesterday on my hike up the Arrochar Alps, Scotland)

All the best! 

Cheers. :cold::cold-emoji:

40896DD0-BEEA-4ABB-8D25-8FCFEDFCFB8F.jpeg

12171253-972D-4D78-AF32-6DFA7FAEDD60.jpeg

E36EFD59-EF6B-4551-BF78-47B15AF19016.jpeg

12680EA7-FBA2-4ED0-B8E8-759021FEA4F2.jpeg

We love you kind sir! Thank you for allowing us some gorgeous white stuff. We will return the favour in April with 21c up your way ... Please do come back again!  .... Oh and as your remote and used to this how do we prepate for this stuff?!

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

@Mr Frost you can come back!!!

Is it sad I almost want to cry at his kind post. Geeeze i'm premenstral ... Must stock up on period pads ... lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
1 minute ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

We love you kind sir! Thank you for allowing us some gorgeous white stuff. We will return the favour in April with 21c up your way ... Please do come back again!  .... Oh and as your remote and used to this how do we prepate for this stuff?!

Oh yeah! I am also very jealous of the glorious Summers you get. (forgot about that! :rofl:)

I live in a city but the mountains are just an hour drive away - gin and favourite types of food should do it though! 

I know everyone in here already knows but this really could be a cold spell that you all talk about for years to come! You are in a big hotspot for some really significant snowfall! (hopefully I have not just jinxed it! :rofl:)

:cold::santa-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
5 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Oh yeah! I am also very jealous of the glorious Summers you get. (forgot about that! :rofl:)

I live in a city but the mountains are just an hour drive away - gin and favourite types of food should do it though! 

I know everyone in here already knows but this really could be a cold spell that you all talk about for years to come! You are in a big hotspot for some really significant snowfall! (hopefully I have not just jinxed it! :rofl:)

:cold::santa-emoji:

The man likes his gin! Stay around young man for the daily gin chat generally about 9 ish.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

@*Stormforce~beka* you bloody crack me up :rofl:

You can pad up there if you want too ;-) Should do the same job!

Geeze i'm so exciting. I can feel my heart pounding like mad and i'm all jittery. Oh there's the alarm to go and get the eldest from school! Off to mini tesco's on the way back! Stock's a plenty incomin'!

Posted

Just in from work/shuffling about aimlessly,so false beard and glasses on as I head to the woods to become a geriatric hunter gatherer,my quarry....tree branches to chainsaw up for the woodburner to fend off winchill from cold rain and possibly sleet,the landlord of the Donkeys Dangler is on red alert for wood smugglers,folk found guilty are banned from real ale for a month...the cruellest of sentences,ive noticed a few chinks in the Estates armour that as it gets darker I can exploit,but with a Boris Johnson/Donald Trump shock of blonde hair ive smarmed well rotted horse manure on to my head to fool the authorities,have to say I look quite dashing lol,so im going to LOG off now....see what I did there.

Posted

I have stocked up on stuff. As well as a bit extra of everything, I have:

2 sliced loaves in freezer

3 packs of half-baked baguettes

3 litres long life milk (almond)

Tinned meat, fruit, puddings, beans, spaghetti

Plentiful supply of loo rolls.....wouldn't want to be caught short there!

Batteries for radio and torches

2 boxes of household candles (and matches)

Rock salt, de-icer, screen wash, trusty snow shovel

My freezer and larder are full, but it's all stuff that we can eat afterwards anyway, if we don't get snowed in. We have a Sainsbury's local and a small (and expensive) local shop, otherwise it's about 3 miles to a supermarket.

Filled up with petrol too.

I could see an issue with heating though, if power lines come down.

Let us hope that this is our time but also that everyone stays safe.

Love to all, from noggin

Xxxxxxxxx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, jy said:

Just in from work/shuffling about aimlessly,so false beard and glasses on as I head to the woods to become a geriatric hunter gatherer,my quarry....tree branches to chainsaw up for the woodburner to fend off winchill from cold rain and possibly sleet,the landlord of the Donkeys Dangler is on red alert for wood smugglers,folk found guilty are banned from real ale for a month...the cruellest of sentences,ive noticed a few chinks in the Estates armour that as it gets darker I can exploit,but with a Boris Johnson/Donald Trump shock of blonde hair ive smarmed well rotted horse manure on to my head to fool the authorities,have to say I look quite dashing lol,so im going to LOG off now....see what I did there.

Two things terrify me at the moment @jy

This...

image.thumb.png.d9b75edce707dab1b1bcd8d26542056e.png

and the fact that you don't live that far from me. :reindeer-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

I’m really enjoying reading about people stocking up. Just adds to the build up of the upcoming event. Although I don’t think my mum or Dad will do much with 3 supermarkets we can easily walk to. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
Just now, matt111 said:

I’m really enjoying reading about people stocking up. Just adds to the build up of the upcoming event. Although I don’t think my mum or Dad will do much with 3 supermarkets we can they can easily make me  walk to. 

:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events
28 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

@*Stormforce~beka* you bloody crack me up :rofl:

Me too! If this were Facebook I'd be sending a friend request lol

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Don’t forget portable chargers for mobile phones so we can all keep in touch and say how epic it is when the power goes out ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Today's sunshine now puts my total above a derived total that I calculated from the MetO. 

MetO: 85.4 hours
My total: 85.6 hours

5a8edff6b6d57_SunshineByMonth(1).thumb.png.8e967f3198b51f491198a9c0464b1b73.png

• Like 1