Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
1 minute ago, khodds said:

??? Ditto! My husband keeps taking the Tut out of me. I’m just staying quiet. My boss is the same!!

The worrying thing is it will really impact Work next week if it comes off and I don’t want to live through that fall out!!

Revenge is a dish best served cold Khodds...... And hopefully come Monday.. It. Will Be... ??????

• Like 3

Posted
27 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Yup, now time to wheel the BBQ out the cross model agreements with the beast upgraded will now be downgraded in following runs for here on, and we will be in to tropical maritime before we know it.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Yup, now time to wheel the BBQ out the cross model agreements with the beast upgraded will now be downgraded in following runs for here on, and we will be in to tropical maritime before we know it.

The Express will be kicking itself for not ramping its headline enough. It has cried wolf so often, its readership won't bat an eye at the headline. It'll make up for it by doing a 6-page spread on the aftermath. :wallbash:

Posted

Good morning everyone, :D I've told the kids its going to snow next week, none of them believe me! .. I hope i haven't jinxed myself.. there is 3 bags of milky bar buttons at stake !!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
59 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Morning! Yawn! Geeze your hot ...

Ha ha should see the post gin photo

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

MaD thread seems tame this morning, spose it’s early though. Morning all ☕️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

It was- then some muppet posted a summer chart saying ‘it’s all over’.

Ive never reported a post before but that got reported- idiot.

• Like 3

Posted

Reading back through all 190 pages as I nibble my Co Co Pops I am indeed a worried man,last night in my local pub The Donkeys Dangler,wise old farmers tell of incoming snow,more than enough to cover dustbin lids and partially cover lawns,worrying times indeed.Living in the village the world forgot,no gas,electricity,street lights,people,we have to get by toasting our nuts and crumpets in front of a blazing fire,care must be taken using a toasting fork in semi darkness,it has been relationship ruining in years gone bySo what of the future,might we see snow in this little micro climate of ours,time will tell,but I laugh at danger,why only recently on my birthday I survived the 34 flake Blizzard of Brockenhurst,you survive that,you survive anything my friends,enjoy your nippy and sunny day lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, jy said:

Reading back through all 190 pages as I nibble my Co Co Pops I am indeed a worried man,last night in my local pub The Donkeys Dangler,wise old farmers tell of incoming snow,more than enough to cover dustbin lids and partially cover lawns,worrying times indeed.Living in the village the world forgot,no gas,electricity,street lights,people,we have to get by toasting our nuts and crumpets in front of a blazing fire,care must be taken using a toasting fork in semi darkness,it has been relationship ruining in years gone bySo what of the future,might we see snow in this little micro climate of ours,time will tell,but I laugh at danger,why only recently on my birthday I survived the 34 flake Blizzard of Brockenhurst,you survive that,you survive anything my friends,enjoy your nippy and sunny day lol

You are forgetting the population explosion in November, the outcome of your villagers attempts at keeping warm

• Like 1

Posted

Talking of open fires, during '63 (although getting coal was a hardship) open fires were a life-saver. Many households had them back then, so when the power went off, they had heating! 

Posted
1 hour ago, knocker said:

It's with great sadness that I note that this thread has morphed into the MOD thread overnight. The dark forces are spreading like Japanese Knot Weed :shok:

Sorry Knocker it will revert to its normal state in a week or so and we can get back to talking Gin Valium Clothing and the like :) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring
6 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

Talking of open fires, during '63 (although getting coal was a hardship) open fires were a life-saver. Many households had them back then, so when the power went off, they had heating! 

Too true Eliy, I remember it well and fondly. What a winter that really was! With just a bit of luck this could for a week or two rival that especially if we get a real snowmaking trough come up from France into our frigid air later next week. Hard to imagine as I look out onto clear blue sky, pleasant sunshine and even harder to persuade other folk. Bet they will wish they had listened by this time next week.

• Like 1

Posted

GFS running now, but already a spanner in the works, a team meetings been called at work for 10am do they not know I have more pressing things to do at 10am...........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

And the NW s n o w forecast for the same date, shows this.....

snow0203.JPG

Which all goes to prove, never trust a Channel Low until it's knocking on the door...

Ok then :whistling:

3E4A155A-922D-406E-8E66-C45375A91211.thumb.jpeg.404e4cc64125c3a2dc2f3d13b6562f13.jpeg

I do hope those flip flops double up as Ski’s.....:spiteful:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather
1 hour ago, Frosty hollows said:

Well the Express already have the event over welll before it starts with this line in their report:

"The freezing weather system is expected to hit the UK over the weekend and into the early part of next week.

However, the last weather charts from WXCHARTS, predicts the freezing weather will continue to Sunday, February 4."

(not that I ever believe anything they publish :)  )

express.png

Edited by wallopweather
  • Like 1

Posted

Ian has his ticket and has taken his seat ?  :shok:

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Mum does my basic weekly shopping for me as I can’t be bothered as rule( just give the money).

Ive doubled my order. Long life milk x4 , 4 boxes of cat food and some tinned goods!

Just warned her to get extra in today ? 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, philglossop said:

Mum does my basic weekly shopping for me as I can’t be bothered as rule( just give the money).

Ive doubled my order. Long life milk x4 , 4 boxes of cat food and some tinned goods!

Just warned her to get extra GIN in today ? 

Edited Accordingly :D

Posted

Ok....... I’m frankly shocked that Ian didn’t discount this comment! Neither did he confirm it it must be said. But this could be epic in some areas if that’s even half close

:help:

038595E2-E979-4B43-8235-B2EB974FD882.thumb.png.d240ee60f57fd415581ee99b8bc908ac.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Daft question how can I attach a photo from my phone into a post??

Cheers in advance 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
19 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Ok....... I’m frankly shocked that Ian didn’t discount this comment! Neither did he confirm it it must be said. But this could be epic in some areas if that’s even half close

:help:

038595E2-E979-4B43-8235-B2EB974FD882.thumb.png.d240ee60f57fd415581ee99b8bc908ac.png

OMG!!! Amazing!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
43 minutes ago, philglossop said:

Just warned her to get extra in today ? 

Good suff. 

Posted
22 minutes ago, Rich_Clements said:

Daft question how can I attach a photo from my phone into a post??

Cheers in advance 

Can you see the  little paperclip icon below where you are typing on the left it says 'click to choose files' select that and it should take you into your phones pictures to select the one you want.

Thats how it works on mine anyway.

Posted

supanova just posted this from the NMM-WRF in the Mad Thread and it's well worth a look.

tempresult_weg2.gif

Have a look full screen and early on there's an arm wrestle with the milder air to the South West. Then around Mid morning on Saturday, there's a noticeable switch to the inevitable, as the cold block forces its way West.

So while we're watching the Rugby on Saturday, it's all happening out to the East. :cold:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1