Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

It's the holy grail, its one that shall not be spoke about, some people called it a myth of legendary portions wrote in to Manuscripts around the world and then decoded by cider drinking Monks, something I never believed, the mighty channel low! :cold::cold:  Would love that to come off! 

You'd better get to Tesco. You're out in the sticks and could potentially stay there for some time. :cold:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
34 minutes ago, Nights King said:

I hope Karlos and khodds wake up soon.. :shok:

Thats Ecm!! :air_kiss:

I’m awake!! Just checking in and catching up x

Posted
24 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

WHITEOUT!!!!!

CC519829-10F2-4C86-B769-62D710CDE601.thumb.png.782c091de1692d9f8cb298e2149beafa.png

HOLY MACARONI :yahoo: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

I haven't been in here for a long time. Still checking the model runs but oh it' looking a pretty sight this morning. 

• Like 2

Posted
32 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

It's the holy grail, its one that shall not be spoke about, some people called it a myth of legendary portions wrote in to Manuscripts around the world and then decoded by cider drinking Monks, something I never believed, the mighty channel low! :cold::cold:  Would love that to come off! 

Morning All, the myth called the "Channel low" has happened over the eons of time, I have seen them magically appear, and their result, so often clear precipitation, where those bearing white soft goods are rare like the green wisp on the sun as it sets in the west, a sight to behold...

In the here and now world however we have a low this morning of 0.6C and currently 2.2C due to cloud cover. It had all the makings of a cold night, twas clear and the temperature fell away nicely, but the cloud prevented the drop into the freezing zone. For another night maybe..

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Morning all....

im-on-board.jpg

WOOP!!!!! Welcome ?

• Thanks 1

Posted

Slight frost this morning but just a precursor it seems! Misty too.

Thinking tomorrow mornings weekly shop might need to be a bit more than that, but will other locals be thinking similarly!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

What is wrong with some people in the MAD thread, picking fault with the model outputs, finding any little bit of milder weather in the charts and jumping on it.

I bet these people would be unhappy if you gave them a £1 million, it's not enough I need £2 million they would say.

• Like 3

Posted

I wonder if the meto office health advisory thingy will be raised up a level today? 

OH MY GOD I’m so excited.... I need Kalms... this is just not good for your health.

Promise me everyone, IF this comes off - don’t spend time in here; get out and blooming well enjoy it while it lasts... that’s if your not snowed in of course. 8)

• Like 3

Posted
58 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

WHITEOUT!!!!!

CC519829-10F2-4C86-B769-62D710CDE601.thumb.png.782c091de1692d9f8cb298e2149beafa.png

And the NW s n o w forecast for the same date, shows this.....

snow0203.JPG

Which all goes to prove, never trust a Channel Low until it's knocking on the door...

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
4 minutes ago, khodds said:

I wonder if the meto office health advisory thingy will be raised up a level today? 

OH MY GOD I’m so excited.... I need Kalms... this is just not good for your health.

Promise me everyone, IF this comes off - don’t spend time in here; get out and blooming well enjoy it while it lasts... that’s if your not snowed in of course. 8)

It's gone up to level 2

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Frosty hollows said:

Oh for dogs sake!....they've gone and done it now. Put the mockers on this beasterly happening. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, knocker said:

It's with great sadness that I note that this thread has morphed into the MOD thread overnight. The dark forces are spreading like Japanese Knot Weed :shok:

Come and join the dark side... you know you want toooo. :spiteful:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
6 minutes ago, khodds said:

Come and join the dark side... you know you want toooo. :spiteful:

Husband still dismissive of cold and snow Khodds.  I am going to pray to Allah and anyone else listening that this comes off!!!! My opening quote to him on Monday morning when the washing snaps in half will be "Who's laughing now".  I can't bloody wait ?????

Edited by Sidsnake

Posted
31 minutes ago, Sidsnake said:

It's gone up to level 2

Yes - this was raised yesterday. I expect it to be raised again by the end of the week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning, I always take heed of when Glacier Point speaks, he knows his stuff, he's just added his two pennies worth.....'Not to get too carried away with at this stage, but EPS has an implicit snow threat from the south in one weeks time. Similar in evolution to ICON'.

The channel low, the stuff of dreams, myth and legend and what I've been hoping for every winter since moving down here.

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands :clap:

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, Sidsnake said:

Husband still dismissive of cold and snow Khodds.  I am going to pray to Allah and anyone else listening that this comes off!!!! My opening quote to him on Monday morning when the washing snaps in half will be "Who's laughing now".  I can't bloody wait ?????

??? Ditto! My husband keeps taking the Tut out of me. I’m just staying quiet. My boss is the same!!

The worrying thing is it will really impact Work next week if it comes off and I don’t want to live through that fall out!!