Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
1 minute ago, offerman said:

Weather HD pro app actually raises the temp from Monday up to 4 on tuesday wednesday wonder whats the point of Apps when they are so far out 

Even what used to be the reliable snow sleet or rain app cant get the differences right any more as last time it showed raining when it was snowing right on nowcast.

Indeed I'm not paying for the all singing dancing radar apps as quite rightly as you say they can't get it right.

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

Is there any runners on here? I'm currently in training for the Bristol 10K in May, and was wondering how people cope with running in the snow? That's if we get any, I'm fine running in freezing weather, but running with snow underfoot seems like it might be a recipe for a broke leg

I couldn't run a bath, but I've met my mate Iron Mike running over the fields in these in the snow. :cold:

image.thumb.png.6fae797f020c0b8506001b3da74194e2.png

Proper running sandals apparently. He says that they dry much quicker than trainers, so you don't have to put cold wet shoes on for the next run.

I just nod and smile.

Posted
1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

Is there any runners on here? I'm currently in training for the Bristol 10K in May, and was wondering how people cope with running in the snow? That's if we get any, I'm fine running in freezing weather, but running with snow underfoot seems like it might be a recipe for a broke leg

Those sandals look dangerous :pardon:

Don't run in the snow or ice. Go to your local gym where your friendly gym instructor will manage the queue of people who've all taken advantage of a snow day off work to bag a workout. If you can get to your local gym that is. :oops:

Edited by Frosty hollows
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 4 seasons please
1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

Really simple solution to this.....get yourself some trail shoes and head off road.....running through snow is epic fun if a tad hard work. Steer well clear of roads and pavements, once compacted...not a good recipe for running.

• Like 1

Posted

Cold getting in quicker on the 12z GFS run :) 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, *Stormforce~beka* said:

By 5 minutes?

Bit less than that 

• Thanks 1

Posted

ive just finished my anti toy throwing headgear prototype,black for men,pink for ladies,its going to be road tested in under 15 minutes,some fool has suggested its not so good,its all going south,its all over,it seems ok for the South,but its going to get messy....headgear...special offer 15 quid each ....but 2 for 30 lol

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, jy said:

ive just finished my anti toy throwing headgear prototype,black for men,pink for ladies,its going to be road tested in under 15 minutes,some fool has suggested its not so good,its all going south,its all over,it seems ok for the South,but its going to get messy....headgear...special offer 15 quid each ....but 2 for 30 lol

Jeez its brutal in there. Avoid I'd say then fish out the respected posters a little later.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, festivalking said:

Bit less than that 

Impressive!!

11 minutes ago, jy said:

I hate pink ...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
15 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Jeez its brutal in there. Avoid I'd say then fish out the respected posters a little later.

I cant understand why more are not banned in there like me :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

WHAT HAVE I MISSED WHAT HAVE I MISSED....?

Wirk is really interfering with my weather watching ?

Posted
6 minutes ago, khodds said:

WHAT HAVE I MISSED WHAT HAVE I MISSED....?

Wirk is really interfering with my weather watching ?

A couple of runs have altered their paths ones gone south ones gone north. And apparently getting -10c uppers is a total disaster compared to -14c uppers!!!  Still going to be cold but the mid term has many options nothing nailed past Monday! We await the ECM if that goes a bit off course then I think most of the users on the mad thread will end up being banned!

Edited by festivalking

Posted

Cold looks to break down after Thursday BUT I’ll be very happy if we get nice cold and powder snow for three days until Thursday before the Atlantic powers back in once more.  

Posted

Based on the current output I'm still awaiting my ticket to jump on board. Heard that that the ticket won't arrive till tomorrow evening at the earliest.

• Like 2

Posted

I'm holding off "jumping on board". Seems to be an increasing chance the HP will end up virtually sat over UK and coldest, snowiest trundles its way into France and Spain. An option first aired by Catacol i think (as a possibility) the other day.

• Like 1

Posted

Well a quick visit to Two and its very sad,the latest model output has led to a coach trip to Beachy Head,all members must dress as Lemmings,there was I thinking it was just the weather lol   its all about everything going south,something I can emphasise with lol

Posted

I actually think you guys are far more sensible in holding off jumping on the train 

With the weather patterns and weather charts so flippant jumping between but now showing much milder weather coming in three days after The proper cold  so I think you guys have more wise heads and I should as well going on years of letdowns 

Posted
14 minutes ago, jy said:

Well a quick visit to Two and its very sad,the latest model output has led to a coach trip to Beachy Head,all members must dress as Lemmings,there was I thinking it was just the weather lol   its all about everything going south,something I can emphasise with lol

Crikey and TWO is usually the more level headed forum. No doubt all planning a mass protest outside the offices of GFS and UKMO demanding their -16 uppers back. :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

I do enjoy reading everyone in here's take on the MOD thread, it's quite amusing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Part of the problem is that the South might be ok,but now because its possibly not countrywide blizzards its turning ugly,as I said yesterday Tomaz alluded to it going South,folk ignored it,however considering the Met Office were so bullish and John Hammonds video yesterday,if it doesn't go well there will be opinions and professional forecasts that will be very publicly examined.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just caught up with the MAD thread. Seems all a bit confused again. :cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events
Just now, matt111 said:

Just caught up with the MAD thread. Seems all a bit confused again. :cc_confused:

I'm gonna sneak a peek in there, hardhat in place :ninja:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Yeah ok so I wish I hadn't looked, I am now so confused. Will it snow? Where? Damnit I should avoid these forums & any forecasts and take each day as it comes :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

Bit of crowd trouble at the Mad FC Stadium,the ICON model being booed from the terraces,partly because the fans can see the ECM off the subs bench doing sprints in the warm up area,the fourth official calls ICON off and to a world cup roar the ECM takes to the field,can he save the day,if he cant I fear Mad fans on the rampage,making Millwall look like flower arrangers lol