Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
29 minutes ago, festivalking said:

That would be a snow day no two snow days off work if that transpired!! Still not on board though as @*Stormforce~beka* says its way out in la la land but oh my it is beautiful to see

I'm quite proud of how i'm holding it together this time round tbh. I definately see something happening and i'm am about to embark on the ramp but caution needed on the snow over the cold right now. I will be more than open to hear about any snow up to Monday though please! Whats it showing for Monday in terms of precipitation?

Posted
6 minutes ago, jtay said:

Yep, all good. And @*Stormforce~beka* has just told the Mad Thread to belt up.

LOL! Sorry.I bet that gets removed. I just drove mad!

Posted
2 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

Crikey, -8c could be a real threat for your location Frosty Hollows! Especially if you see any snowfall and the wind slackens off overnight.. 

We've had a handful of sub -5 already this winter. -7.2 less than 2 weeks ago. It's ok if the day time temps recover but, as you say, a whiteout followed by slack winds could deliver -10 easily.  The link I posted yesterday said 2010 had delivered once in a lifetime conditions to us and once was enough!! A repeat does look like a possibility, but going into March with a warming sun could take the edge of the beast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

5 pages of utter crap I’ve just ploughed through in the Mad thread. Some decent posts but in the main, utter tosh.

now it’s Wednesday I suggest paying attention to the Met Office! They spend a fair bit of money on this weather malarkey, and they don’t suffer from ego problems.

Then look at the models and go... oh yeah, I see where they are coming from ☺️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
5 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

5 pages of utter crap I’ve just ploughed through in the Mad thread. Some decent posts but in the main, utter tosh.

now it’s Wednesday I suggest paying attention to the Met Office! They spend a fair bit of money on this weather malarkey, and they don’t suffer from ego problems.

So so true. When it gets like that I just search out the most experienced posters likes of Nick F or is it L Steve Murr and Nick Sussex. 

Anyway I'm just to about to make a phone call to book my tickets lets hope I'm not in the queue too long.................

Posted

Oh and @*Stormforce~beka* post of the day in the MAD thread by the way! Bravo!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
24 minutes ago, jtay said:

Yep, all good. And @*Stormforce~beka* has just told the Mad Thread to belt up.

Haha! Good good! I bet that went down well ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
15 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I was about to say the north south arguments been replaced by the its been delayed (it hasn’t) argument. :wallbash:

Posted
35 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I'm quite proud of how i'm holding it together this time round tbh. I definately see something happening and i'm am about to embark on the ramp but caution needed on the snow over the cold right now. I will be more than open to hear about any snow up to Monday though please! Whats it showing for Monday in terms of precipitation?

Not alot! Post Monday who knows, mind you I saw this and thought of I know a poster who lives in Winchester......now try holding it together!!!

240-780UK.GIF?21-6

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
7 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Not alot! Post Monday who knows, mind you I saw this and thought of I know a poster who lives in Winchester......now try holding it together!!!

240-780UK.GIF?21-6

If that came off I’d be cursing. Where I used to live getting 10-20cm while I’m stuck with a pitiful 6cm. :girl_devil:

Edited by matt111

Posted
27 minutes ago, matt111 said:

I was about to say the north south arguments been replaced by the its been delayed (it hasn’t) argument. 

45 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I only went over to see Beka's post but couldn't find it. I just lose the will to live there sometimes. When people who know even less than me start telling Steve Murr he's wrong, it's time to step away. And even if the mods worked 24/7 they wouldn't be able to stop the decent posters being buried under petty point scoring.

• Like 4

Posted

It might be getting cold but the wait for snow seems to be at least 7 days away.

Met office 

UK Outlook for Monday 26 Feb 2018 to Wednesday 7 Mar 2018:

It will be turning much colder next week. Monday and Tuesday will be mainly dry with sunny spells, but snow showers will develop across some eastern and southern areas, where fresh winds will make it feel bitterly cold. Through the rest of the week it will remain cold with an increased risk of ice, frost and snow showers. These will be heaviest and most frequent in central and eastern areas, and some spells of more prolonged snow are possible at times, particularly in the east and across southern England. The cold weather will continue into early March, with the northwest seeing the best of any brighter weather, and here it may be less cold at times, although brisk winds will continue to bring a marked wind chill.

UK Outlook for Thursday 8 Mar 2018 to Thursday 22 Mar 2018:

At the start of this period it is likely to be very cold across the UK, with widespread frost and brisk easterly winds from Continental Europe, making it feel raw. This will continue to bring the risk of significant snow across some southern, eastern and central parts of the UK, whereas towards the north and west it will be drier. As we head through the middle of March, there is a lot of uncertainty in the forecast, but it may start to turn more unsettled and less cold with the wettest and mildest weather spreading in from the southwest. In contrast, northern and eastern areas could remain colder well into

Edited by Richard Fisher
error
  • Like 1

Posted

Just said to my boss, should I get some rock salt in just in case?

He just laughed and said “haha it’s not going to snow is it!” And walked off....

Hes going to Brazil next Wednesday from Heathrow. :spiteful:

I would so like to be proved wrong about the rock salt... ??

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

We will always be the last to see snow from Easterlies - if at all.

Posted
28 minutes ago, khodds said:

Just said to my boss, should I get some rock salt in just in case?

He just laughed and said “haha it’s not going to snow is it!” And walked off....

Hes going to Brazil next Wednesday from Heathrow. :spiteful:

I would so like to be proved wrong about the rock salt... ??

Hahaha his plane won't take off lol

Posted

I have been watching the thread for a few days now, starting to think maybe we will get some snow :)

I really do hope so as Portsmouth always seems to miss out.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

He'll have to get to Heathrow first!!!

Posted
3 minutes ago, MrNooo said:

9 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

3 minutes ago, MrNooo said:

I know hahahahaha!!! ????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

Just waiting for the media to hype it over the weekend and prompt panic buying in the supermarkets of bread, milk and beer, oh and salt.... lots of surges in sales of table salt!

Edited by wallopweather
typo
  • Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, PleaseSnow said:

I have been watching the thread for a few days now, starting to think maybe we will get some snow :)

Welcome to the craziness, you'll now be hooked joining in via every weather event our area may see :D

which isn't many to be honest :rofl: 

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Welcome to the craziness, you'll now be hooked. 

That’s a good thing, right? :crazy:

Edited by matt111

Posted
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

That’s a good thing, right? :crazy:

Sure is I couldn't find a better forum or better people than this one I'd rather talk weather with :D

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, festivalking said:

240-780UK.GIF?21-6

ROFL, let me see, ah yes 1cm in Dorset, nothing to get bothered about that's for sure, the flip flops remain in the Avatar..

Posted
15 minutes ago, PleaseSnow said:

I’m in a similar position to you near the coast here, although I used to live further inland but that didn’t make much difference in truth. If things come off as shown the sea shouldn’t make any difference so that’s one thing out the way. 

• Like 1