Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

OH FOR GODS SAKE!!! WHEN WILL MY LIKES BE RESTORED?!

I DONT LIKE NOT BEING ABLE TO LIKE ?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
1 minute ago, khodds said:

message the mods, although to be fair, they're probably dealing with the 1000's of posts I've reported for being off topic in the mod thread....lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy
3 minutes ago, khodds said:

You get them back when you admit you've got a problem...:rofl:

Posted
13 minutes ago, warmintim said:

You get them back when you admit you've got a problem...:rofl:

Nope.. not got a problem....  :pardon:

okay. Maybe I’m in denial ?

Have just moves the snow shovel and salt from the back of the garage to the front. Not touched the sledges yet... that’s a step too far ?.

Bought my food colouring though @*Stormforce~beka*

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

OK, so is it safe to start getting excited yet? I've been feeling pretty proud of myself, I've held off all winter, for the first time ever, so no disappointments, which is great but doesn't make up for the lack of snow. This was going to be the year that I wasn't going to get sucked in. Do I give in at this late stage? Do I risk having to wipe copious amounts of egg off my face yet again?

Well I'm thinking I will indulge just a little bit and see where it leads, BUT I WILL NOT be sharing with family and friends until some of you more knowledgeable guys go first, then I'll follow.

So under cover, I'm going to prepare for prolonged cold and snow. I will stock up on essentials, tinned food etc and keep them hidden and if not needed, I'm sure they will last until the next time we see charts like this in 10 years time. :D

So what do you reckon guys, is it safe to come out of hiding?

• Thanks 1

Posted
5 hours ago, festivalking said:

Early morning basic run report......

GFS yes yes but dry

ECM it' a 10 from len

P.s I'm still waiting another day before jumping aboard

Likewise. Wednesday night wil be when I start to let myself get excited .... then scared ... and start to crysis plan!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
52 minutes ago, Smartie said:

Too late for me, I'm well above the clouds already lol. I truly wonder if this up and coming (severe) cold spell could rival Dec '81 for snow depth here in Weston, easily a foot of level snow back then,would be awesome to see scenes like that again here before I'm too old to enjoy it :p

In a way I'm torn a bit in that I love cold and snow but  I'm also a animal lover and wildlife is really going to struggle, already brought a ton of duck & Swan food and I can see all the bird feeders in my garden being used a lot in the coming very weeks. 

It will be tough on the wildlife for sure, just as you feel Spring is in the air a  bitter cold blast from the East just about to strike.

My dog is of to the groomers this weekend - poor bugger :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
27 minutes ago, khodds said:

Haha, it's a bit ridiculous there's a like limit anyway. It is a forum after all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 hours ago, MP-R said:

An odd combination this morning. Sunny, mild, northerly wind!

I thought that actually this morning LOL! I definately felt like something was a comin'!

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, billyc said:

The worst thing about all of this, is that the Express will actually be right for once :nonono:

HAhahahaha!!! Brilliant post!

Posted
2 hours ago, EllyTech said:

The thing I would point out with 2010 comparisons is that the coldest temps were got were during very calm winds. This lot has the potential to not only be baltic but there's a component of wind in this too, making cold potential much harsher for those venturing out in it; whether that be on foot or in a vehicle, you need a proper set of clobber in your wardrobe for the 'just in case' scenarios. 

Anyone with farm animals should make a few plans too.

Please can someone tell me what real clothes are? :( I feel so dumb lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

I  was ready for spring but I'm now looking forward to seeing how this all pans out. I do enjoy weather extremes 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Rapodo said:

Think we could be looking at power cuts a plenty if this comes off. 

This is partly what scares me!

Posted
2 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Whatever it is, for sure unless you ski or are used to cold weather the majority of us won’t have the right gear!

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Which big model was it everyone was waiting to get on board? GFS?

They're all onboard. We're just hoping that none fall off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, khodds said:

Whatever it is, for sure unless you ski or are used to cold weather the majority of us won’t have the right gear!

This is why I want to know what now so I can order online quick!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I’m still a little twitchy about a shortwave popping up! Don’t want sea track to early! Want the cold to arrive first!

Posted
Just now, *Stormforce~beka* said:

This is partly what scares me!

Yes - what the heck do we do if we have no power and are knee deep in snow?! 

• Like 1

Posted

Forecast summary

Outlook for the UK over the next 6-30 days

UK Outlook for Sunday 25 Feb 2018 to Tuesday 6 Mar 2018:

Sunday will be dry but cold for many, with some sunny spells. Snow showers may develop across eastern and southern areas where fresh winds will make it feel bitterly cold. Through next week it is likely to become even colder with strong easterly winds, bringing an increasing threat of snow showers. These will be heaviest and most frequent in central and eastern areas, and some spells of more prolonged snow are possible at times, particularly in the east but also perhaps in parts of the south and southwest. The cold weather will continue through the rest of the period, with the northwest seeing the best of any brighter weather, and here it may be less cold at times, although brisk winds will continue to bring a marked wind chill.

Updated at: 1200 on Tue 20 Feb 2018

UK Outlook for Wednesday 7 Mar 2018 to Wednesday 21 Mar 2018:

At the start of this period it is likely to remain cold or very cold for many with widespread frost and brisk easterly winds from Continental Europe, making it feel raw. This will continue to bring the risk of significant snow across some southern, eastern and central parts of the country, whereas towards the north and west it will be drier. As we head through the middle of March, there is a lot of uncertainty in the forecast, but it may start to turn more unsettled and less cold with the wettest and mildest weather spreading in from the southwest. In contrast, northern and eastern areas could remain colder well into March

Edited by Bazray
  • Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I'm out at 6am in sub zero temps pretty regularly. I wear a vest, short sleeved T,long sleeved T, hoody, puffa jacket. Scarf, hat and ski gloves. I generally wear leggings and trainers but if it's really cold I have trackies on top,welly socks and Ugg boots. That does me a 1km walk to work, part of it quite exposed. I'm fine until I get wet but I always keep spare gym kit at work in case and luckily have access to a hot shower

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Bazray said:

Forecast summary

Outlook for the UK over the next 6-30 days

UK Outlook for Sunday 25 Feb 2018 to Tuesday 6 Mar 2018:

Sunday will be dry but cold for many, with some sunny spells. Snow showers may develop across eastern and southern areas where fresh winds will make it feel bitterly cold. Through next week it is likely to become even colder with strong easterly winds, bringing an increasing threat of snow showers. These will be heaviest and most frequent in central and eastern areas, and some spells of more prolonged snow are possible at times, particularly in the east but also perhaps in parts of the south and southwest. The cold weather will continue through the rest of the period, with the northwest seeing the best of any brighter weather, and here it may be less cold at times, although brisk winds will continue to bring a marked wind chill.

UK Outlook for Wednesday 7 Mar 2018 to Wednesday 21 Mar 2018:

At the start of this period it is likely to remain cold or very cold for many with widespread frost and brisk easterly winds from Continental Europe, making it feel raw. This will continue to bring the risk of significant snow across some southern, eastern and central parts of the country, whereas towards the north and west it will be drier. As we head through the middle of March, there is a lot of uncertainty in the forecast, but it may start to turn more unsettled and less cold with the wettest and mildest weather spreading in from the southwest. In contrast, northern and eastern areas could remain colder well into March

Holy moly!!!!  :80:

Up until mid March.?!!!!!!!!  :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
10 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I’m still a little twitchy about a shortwave popping up! Don’t want sea track to early! Want the cold to arrive first!

This is why I'm thinking of moving my wednesday is get excited day back to Friday. We've all seen it go pear shaped inside 3 days.  I might ramp it up once its been and done and gone mild again. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
1 hour ago, khodds said:

Haha!

Really...? Thursday is a long time to wait. I have a feeling I’ll be a zombie by then ?

See... that’s the standard response I get from my husband. He doesn’t believe me. Now I just don’t say anything.

Hello Khodds...I've nipped over from the South East thread.  Yes I'm getting the same response from my husband who thinks its rubbish and my neighbour would refuse to believe it and would work of the premise of talking it down so it doesn't happen ?.  Well I'd personally rather be a bit aware of what could happen so I can make contingency plans.  Best... 

• Like 2