Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
7 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

When can I tell my brothers they may want to pack an extra layer for the cup final? I can’t be doing with them moaning all bloody day! 

Tomorrow? Wednesday, Thursday? I feel we need mutual agreement for the telling of others!

Friday evening. At around 8pm. 

• Like 1

Posted

Ian's Points West forecast was interesting ; a cool down from Wednesday, slightly less cold Sunday then proper cold by Monday with MAX of only 2c shown! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers
12 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Im so bad at keeping secrets ?‍♂️ This is really really hard!!! I’m like a school kid ?

if @Nights King changes his Avatar and @Mapantz ups his rating from docked, I’ll agree to Saturday!! ?

Same here!!!! but us Snow starved southerners deserve our time - you can’t help but be excited with the prospects!! Trouble is my wife keeps on giving me funny stares when I almost fall off my seat with every run!! How do I explain a 43 year old man acting like a child with the prospect of snow on the horizon!!!!!

Edited by Bobafet
Typo

Posted
16 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Not even 2010 looks comparable.. For it to be knocking towards March it’s pretty extraordinary. No doubt the volume of cold we’re looking at is the result of the split, Eurasia frigid cold is highly correlative. 

1ED24826-0A17-4FDB-875A-FA95FA286BF9.thumb.png.6e9e0421a3f2a0cc1d929fc06127ecab.png28718977-7264-4C7C-ABB8-8D67A96A2805.thumb.png.bd277bd56bbb00a3ae0bd761b081e39f.png

Just copied this from the Mod thread, thought it was worth a share, what a beast!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Posted

Hhh hhmm excuse me is now the wrong time to ask for some dry & warm weather?

Having run diags all day on my WS, it appears the anenometer is fff..aulty, as a result of the copious amount of recent rainfall. Given it's solar powered there's noralot one can do. BUT some warm & dry air might dry it out...possibly...

Not the right time to ask for such things....? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
19 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Ian's Points West forecast was interesting ; a cool down from Wednesday, slightly less cold Sunday then proper cold by Monday with MAX of only 2c shown! 

Any mention of snow Andy? 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Doctor96 said:

I am 52 yrs and been watching the weather for over 40 yrs . When i was around 13 yrs in 1978 i remember the charts very well . we had a strong easterly around mid febraury  and max temp around -3 across a lot of UK. I lived in Newcastle and i recall blizzards like i have never seen. Newcastle was cut off from rest of country.  The models are showing charts identical to 1978 and this is the first time since 1978 i can recall seeing the same setup.  With the air crossing the north sea being so cold with a sea temp around 6 C , this will give us ice days , but the snow showers off the sea will become heavier through next week and east coast will look like armagedon. 

Truly i have waited 39 yrs to see this chart set up with the high over scandi and a low coming up from south.  Amazing that ECM has now followed the GFS and i am 90% certain members on here are about to see a historic event. 

Uppers of widespread -13 Will see minumums of -10 C all over and day maxs of < -2 C 

Thought that was worth a share too! I'm getting overly exited :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
4 minutes ago, offerman said:

Any mention of snow Andy? 

None at all at the moment, he just hinted at big change.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Nights King said:

None at all at the moment, he just hinted at big change.

They do that for the England cricket team and s0d all ever happens!:rofl:

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
34 minutes ago, Bobafet said:

Same here!!!! but us Snow starved southerners deserve our time - you can’t help but be excited with the prospects!! Trouble is my wife keeps on giving me funny stares when I almost fall off my seat with every run!! How do I explain a 43 year old man acting like a child with the prospect of snow on the horizon!!!!!

Do you honestly think it will actually ‘proper’ snow on the island tho? Like laying snow? I’m just not convinced still :cray:

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

Knocker screaming blizzards, Frosty hollows wanting rain! What next!!! Dorsetbred starts supporting Arsenal :rofl:

I'll be routing for yah, South vs. North, and as my son suffers the same affliction as you I'll be helping him cheer...

• Thanks 1

Posted

It looks like the cold snap will last at least 3-4 days before milder weather shoves it out the way from the south.  But at least we will get three really nice cold days with good chance of heavy snow .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Just going to leave this here

58976C39-088A-4077-B0CD-DEDDBD434868.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

people are saying we get a short spell of cold of early next week then more cold thats prolonged, how prolonged are we looking at if this is right?

Posted
7 minutes ago, Isleofwightsnowgal74 said:

Do you honestly think it will actually ‘proper’ snow on the island tho? Like laying snow? I’m just not convinced still :cray:

You possibly stand more of a chance than us inland early on, from late Sunday. The GFS show shower activity pepping up nicely in the channel. Hopefully you can tap into that. Still a long way off though for that type of thing.

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, Isleofwightsnowgal74 said:

Yes I do . I remeber once you guys had six inches in short space of time in an equivalent lake snow affect streamers from the east. 

So no doubt you’ll get plastered both from snow then the celebrations following it :-)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

I would love to know how my people are using the forums at the moment lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

So, we are still a week away from these epic charts; what’s the likelihood of it all going wrong?!

Posted
4 minutes ago, khodds said:

So, we are still a week away from these epic charts; what’s the likelihood of it all going wrong?!

What are the chances of going right, this right -> 

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcsomerset/status/965299901302128641/video/1

on almost exacly the 40 year anniversary

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
11 minutes ago, khodds said:

It’s all good in the Netweather Hood Khodds no worries at all!

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, katemart said:

Why not? That's been the story of winter 2018 imby. I just can't let myself get excited about this after the bitter disappointments of the last few years.

I shall hereby stop being a party pooper and get me coat...

I fear my dear you need a job to do! Now get behind the back of that bike shed and polish that ramp ready ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

You lot had better be right or I’ll need a lorry load of gin!

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Rapodo said:

Think it's a pretty safe bet to tell your grannies now. Don't think this is changing for our location just snow totals are the finer details now but don't see anyone missing out to be fair.

Very safe!! Granny will have forgetting within 5 minutes ...