Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

The holy grail pays us a visit in La la land on the GFS :shok:

E03D6F78-3805-4B14-9596-A644CC018891.thumb.png.959c426e291703bcf6df0c366b3fa0bc.pngCCB4A790-9083-4B9E-AE25-61FD5315AF97.thumb.png.4db037c066e519763e96c3007783b7ed.png

CHANNEL LOW!!!

Just seen this myself I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up, but the runs today are really trying there best.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

Would I be stupid to buy a quad bike this week before it comes? Or should I wait? The trouble I have is my Wife's Grandad has dementia and lives 10miles away and although he lives in his own house on his own someone always goes to see him every day. I'm worried if it does come as bad as the models are showing, there will be no chance of anyone getting to him. I'm also worried about leaving it too late and not being able to get the quad if I do buy one. Sorry for the long off topic post.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ashme said:

Would I be stupid to buy a quad bike this week before it comes? Or should I wait? The trouble I have is my Wife's Grandad has dementia and lives 10miles away and although he lives in his own house on his own someone always goes to see him every day. I'm worried if it does come as bad as the models are showing, there will be no chance of anyone getting to him. I'm also worried about leaving it too late and not being able to get the quad if I do buy one. Sorry for the long off topic post.

Why not wait? Met office and the Media will start dishing out warnings soon if the models continue this way in the next few runs I imagine.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
10 minutes ago, Ashme said:

you can never really know, but i'd say the chances are more likely than less at the moment so perhaps wait until tuesday afternoon and wednesday morning, by then the idea will be much clearer and we will know more because we will be in those easterly winds

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Ashme said:

You should buy it. Then whether it snows or not, you'll still have a quad bike.:reindeer-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
Just now, jtay said:

You should buy it. Then whether it snows or not, you'll still have a quad bike.:reindeer-emoji:

oh yeah never thought of that ;)

Posted
3 minutes ago, jtay said:

Sound like he is looking for a reason to justify buying it to the missus 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

....Hmmm...They seem to have been on the cat nip again in the MAD thread. I really hope it comes off this time but I have been here with everyone else many times before. The thing is when the BBC forecast says 'cold' or 'colder' ...so far this winter, all they've been referring to is a return to average, as it is February. The forecast max/min temps for the next 10 days are, on their website, in no way exceptional at the moment and I get the feeling that since they ditched the Met they've been allowed a tad more freedom with their broadcast forecasts. anyone else picked that up?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Hmmm if @chionomaniac is stockpiling then that gives me the green light too.. all systems are GO!!!!! ✅

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Somersetwatcher said:

....Hmmm...They seem to have been on the cat nip again in the MAD thread. I really hope it comes off this time but I have been here with everyone else many times before. The thing is when the BBC forecast says 'cold' or 'colder' ...so far this winter, all they've been referring to is a return to average, as it is February. The forecast max/min temps for the next 10 days are, on their website, in no way exceptional at the moment and I get the feeling that since they ditched the Met they've been allowed a tad more freedom with their broadcast forecasts. anyone else picked that up?

I think the thing to remember is the BBC are a news organisation and not a meteorological organisation, they relay information from their sources. No different to the Daily Mail or Sky News. So the information they show is of no higher quality than that found elsewhere. (Sorry not chastising) I jus have a tendency to ignore the BBC weather data especially now they have changed their source..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

. Tried to upload a photo but nw not having any of it. Anyway garden centre this morn selling off their snow shovels for half price.. hmm hope they regret that. I didn’t buy one of course ??

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

. Tried to upload a photo but nw not having any of it. Anyway garden centre this morn selling off their snow shovels for half price.. hmm hope they regret that. I didn’t buy one of course ??

You're clearly NOT an entrepreneur , you should have bought the lot, then next week drive to Kent park outside another garden centre and sell the lot. Of course should everything go wrong (as it could because @Mapantz is not on board) then you would need to drive to Finland to make your money:nea:

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Based on updates up until 5pm:

crapola.png.9b9dafef640a19d9b6a853ef0ff33f97.png

Whoaaaaaa...where did that one come from, that wasn't on the ORIGINAL measurement stick....

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, Dorsetbred said:

Whoaaaaaa...where did that one come from, that wasn't on the ORIGINAL measure....

It's in between orange & red. I can't quite go to 'all aboard' just yet, but it was slightly better than 'embarking soon':D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
3 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

I think the thing to remember is the BBC are a news organisation and not a meteorological organisation, they relay information from their sources. No different to the Daily Mail or Sky News. So the information they show is of no higher quality than that found elsewhere. (Sorry not chastising) I jus have a tendency to ignore the BBC weather data especially now they have changed their source..

Good point m8..well taken. but i think its a shame that the vast majority of folk rely on that source as taxpayers and it should be based on the best information...for another time perhaps....once we actually see who was correct?? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Me if this happens to go Pete tong!

147789D7-9072-42D2-BAF2-320D48CDA1AD.thumb.jpeg.d394f869fd3b214f35a70f6b69b73dab.jpeg

And moments after 

1DC9888A-CC0B-4BB9-BEF3-5678EA3BB299.thumb.jpeg.e46c1efdb107c44922445bba789c16d5.jpeg

it doesn’t actually bare thinking about! 

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Me if this happens to go Pete tong!

147789D7-9072-42D2-BAF2-320D48CDA1AD.thumb.jpeg.d394f869fd3b214f35a70f6b69b73dab.jpeg

And moments after 

1DC9888A-CC0B-4BB9-BEF3-5678EA3BB299.thumb.jpeg.e46c1efdb107c44922445bba789c16d5.jpeg

it doesn’t actually bare thinking about! 

And then moments later...

gin.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
Just now, Dorsetbred said:

gin.jpg

That won’t be enough! :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Oh my god. Imagine if it does...??? What will we do?! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
Just now, Dorsetbred said:

gin.jpg

Think it’ll take more than a drop to get over it. :drunk: