Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
20 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Morning :vava: 

Soon be afternoon, then evening. 

Off to watch football, who knows might be the last one for a couple of weeks if these charts come off!

Posted

Morning all, in time for some cooler weather my ws has decided to play up   So it it seems time to i run some basic diagnostics, maybe the earth movement yesterday didn’t help, oh well. New one ordered anyway.

Currently damp (rubs eyes to check) and overcast at 7C.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 hour ago, festivalking said:

It is now illegal in this country to be pessimistic on netweather when freezing weather is predicted. The fact it' early where you are will mean you are let off with a caution. 

I'll risk arrest by saying I worry for a downgrade as the charts can't get any better....

I'll believe it when it falls from the sky. :friends:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
33 minutes ago, Uncle Gargy said:

I want to know when it's going to be safe to chit potatoes! March or April?

It's safe to chit them when it's warm..  Just wait and see. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
1 hour ago, Nights King said:

I'll believe it when it falls from the sky. :friends:

Totally agree!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

10 days away ... Like it has been for the past month .. Ignore and move on!

Being a natural sceptic I agree.  Having been led down the garden path so many times before get it within 72 hours then my scepticism will change to optimism.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

i swear the best chart is always on day 10?

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

10 days away ... Like it has been for the past month .. Ignore and move on!

I agree. Enjoy the charts for what they are currently showing but don't take them too seriously (at this stage). IF, in a few days time they are still showing a similar outcome I might then allow myself a smidgeon of optimism. 

Posted

I will go for walk the plank at the moment. I think it was 2010, it wasn't until the very last high res model came out the night before that showed we in central southern England could be in line for a pasting. Not in a weeks time or more. I remain highly cynical until it happens. On the flip side, we have had severe weather warnings, only to get absolutely nothing. I do love all the excitement of the build up, it's part of the fun but experience has left me not getting overly excited until I see it falling from the sky lol. 

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

i swear the best chart is always on day 10?

Hence my ignore it and move on. We've been promised the best winter since sliced bread since December lol! If it had been brought forwards by now to say 5/7 then I would start to get interested. Tell me again when it's at day 6/7 ... Until then i'm off to plan my veggie patch!

Posted
6 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Meh in 10 days it'll be March then the BBQ summer ramping starts

I can't wait! The back door will be opened and the kids pushed into the garden :-D Orf ya go! :-D Happy Dayz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

What absolutely stunning charts we're seeing from the models! I've said it many times over the years that the South and South West would see another significant snowfall event again, its happened before and it'll happen again. Snow showers from the east will spread well inland in the strong easterly  wind and the gfs is already showing lp coming up from the south west from day 10, they would be snow makers no doubt about it. 

Let's face it the Atlantic will start throwing lp systems at the uk eventually and I'll be looking for them being flattened and becoming elongated West to East and passing just to the south of the uk, that's exactly what happened in Dec 81. I was only 6 when the great blizzard of Feb 78 hit and don't have any memories of that one or how it unfolded in the weather models but my mum has  told me how I disappeared in the snow when waking out the door. 

2018 could finally bring our  long wait to an end for snow armageddon, can you all telll I'm excited :) lol

Edited by Smartie
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Ok.. trying to stay grounded but it hard not to get excited... the models have been on our side for at least three days now, that’s got to be a record. But we all know it can go wrong.. anyone like to hazard a guess at the likelihood percentage of it going wrong at this stage?! 

For starters, I’m just pleased it’s going to be dry after tomorrow. Let’s take it a day at a time.... phew....

• Like 1

Posted

Don't fix it jtay.....get it on the Antiques Road Show,seen sledges that old go for 25k lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Probably need 4 X 4 runners if the forecast turns out all right..... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Hi khodds did anything go bump in the night? 

I'm hoping and praying this cold set up stays on track so the kids can get out there and enjoy the snow. Who am I kidding so I can get outside to play. Lol

Posted

Just a thought.....not that long ago.....the results of the warming was meant to show on Feb 12th,not long after it was shown ironically as today the 18th,as Beka pointed out,theres always our old chum the 10 day shuffle,so now on Loon City its now the 28th...so calculator out 28 minus 18........10 lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Flipping heck, tried my best not to get drawn in, but you help but drool over charts like this

Netweather GFS Image

I know it's a week away, but this time it feels right.