Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
Just now, SilverWolf said:

Felt the quake in Stroud - was lying down (recovering from flu, nothing exciting), bed shook for 4-5 seconds. Thought my fever was back but water was shaking in a glass nearby.

Must be an omen about winter returning, maybe I’ll float that idea in the MOD thread.... 

after about 400 others..:doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Felt it here in Southampton. Probably only cause I'm lying down in bed, nobody else in the house felt it. Shaking is just like an HGV thundering down the road, only there's no noise. 

I felt the 2am Warwickshire one in 2008 as well, so at least I knew it wasn't poltergeists this time! ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Felt that earthquake here too

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Nothing felt here in the NW of Dorset either.

Posted

OK so ignoring earthquakes and things some interesting posts in the MAD thread,somebody in Scotland has developed a cold suck machine and suggesting the cold air is heading their way and being sucked away from the south of the UK. IF the models are correct (?) then it leaves the south exposed to what's left of the Atlantic dribble, rather than anything cold..

Meanwhile, down here the temperatures are sliding nicely for tonight some hope of another frost before warming moisture tomorrow..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

If you take the GFS at face value, there's not a single flake of snow for the South, on the 12Z. Just rain at days 10 to 11. 

I'll look forward to seeing where that sat in the ensembles. lol

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

summary of whats happening with the models in all please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
Just now, Mapantz said:

^ Look above.

oh yeah silly me

Posted
1 minute ago, Leon1 said:

summary of whats happening with the models in all please?

OK so it's here, no it's there, over the north, to the east across the south, and as Mapantz has said rain shows on the outlook. Of course as is the case nobody knows. The only certainty was that in the MAD thread many felt the earth move, it wasn't forecast but like the SSW it surprised everybody..:hi:

Posted
15 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

OK so ignoring earthquakes and things some interesting posts in the MAD thread,somebody in Scotland has developed a cold suck machine and suggesting the cold air is heading their way and being sucked away from the south of the UK. IF the models are correct (?) then it leaves the south exposed to what's left of the Atlantic dribble, rather than anything cold..

Meanwhile, down here the temperatures are sliding nicely for tonight some hope of another frost before warming moisture tomorrow..

Don't see that run coming off somehow highs usually don't drift that far north. But knowing our luck down here wouldn't surprise me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Surprise surprise another :db: variation of the theme, looking good to me still. A D10 chart is just as likely to verify as it was 2 days ago..... not likely!!!

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Surprise surprise another :db: variation of the theme, looking good to me still. A D10 chart is just as likely to verify as it was 2 days ago..... not likely!!!

Glad you’ve said this. I darent go into the MAD thread for fear of what I might find judging by earlier posts in here!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Anything noteworthy is staying out of reach, though - it doesn't get any closer. Theme for the coming week, dry, chilly and plenty of cloud around. I think frosts will be limited also.

Posted

So in laymens terms Mapantz,a lot of the manic stuff quoted elsewhere,is possibly 10 days away and at that range of course wont happen,so why all the fuss,seems a little confusing,elsewhere I mean,not in here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Trend is there for weather from the east then, but will it be a mild easterly a cold easterly or a flipping cold easterly? Time will tell as ever. Either way looks like it' drying out down here which I'm eternally grateful for.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I’m not convinced by the output. The UKMO has just played catch up a bit, I would honestly expect more enrgy to be distrupting and going under the block, I’d expect the models to play with that idea in the next 24-36 hours.