Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Lovely morning,so a bit of gardening,followed by some fishing tuition on any bit of river not over the banks or roaring through like a train.Before going ,just a brief update on Loon City regional crowd participation policy.When the ECM takes to the stage we must all boo loudly and throw any rotten fruit to hand at it,when the more handsome UKMO arrives then a cheer loud enough to wake the dead,women can throw undies on to the stage,but this is optional.This policy holds good until lunchtime when we all change and boo the.......you know the script,carry on lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Wait what did I miss last night? Decided I better pay some attention to the wife for 1 night :D and seems I missed some @Mapantz fun in the Mad Thread :wallbash:

I just caught up with the Models,,, UKMO wow, then I saw the ECM and put the duster back 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
1 hour ago, Loadsa2000 said:

Long time lurker in both here Wales thread and the mad thread.

We bought a 19th century cottage when we were in our twenties.  We were having to make improvements to the place so was trying to work out the way the joists were running. Went upstairs into one of the bedrooms and lifted a random floorboard. Found an old South Wales Echo newspaper in between the joists from about 15 years before. Anyway was looking through it (as always like to compare prices for things then and now etc) When I came to some pictures of a operatic groups production. Slap bang in the middle of the article was a picture of the leading man and it was my father in-law who had died 3 years previous to us moving in. Coincidence or as my wife put it he was giving us his approval of the cottage

Welcome to the forum ?. That’s really intriguing - I’m a believer that things like this happen for a reason 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Beautiful start to the day. Now chucking it down AGAIN.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning, Cilla moment here, surprise surprise it's raining. Again. Bored now.

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, jethro said:

Morning, Cilla moment here, surprise surprise it's raining. Again. Bored now.

It's like bloody groundhog day. Every morning starts so promising only to go downhill. I'm not convinced even if we do get a colder spell that it'll deliver anything more than grey, cold for days on end. At least we've got bright mornings at the moment.

Posted
21 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

It's like bloody groundhog day. Every morning starts so promising only to go downhill. I'm not convinced even if we do get a colder spell that it'll deliver anything more than grey, cold for days on end. At least we've got bright mornings at the moment.

Whispers very quietly, it's stopped and the sun has come out. 

Posted
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

Wait what did I miss last night? Decided I better pay some attention to the wife for 1 night :D and seems I missed some @Mapantz fun in the Mad Thread :wallbash:

I just caught up with the Models,,, UKMO wow, then I saw the ECM and put the duster back 

Whoot Whoot ;-) I tried to spend time with hubby but he just wanted to do work then go to bed! Pft!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Bright start and already a better day than yesterday. 

Posted
1 hour ago, jethro said:

Whispers very quietly, it's stopped and the sun has come out. 

The sun has come out here too. Oddly the temperature has dropped from first thing. Very very pleasant outside.

Posted

Looking through the Metoceil Charts last night a number of the runs were beginning to show signs of spring on the anomaly 850 charts a temp anom of + 8 c creeping into the east of the UK, on the ecmwf i know that it is out in Fantasy land but we should start seeing these types of charts instead of the over ramping cold ones being shown in the MAD thread. So perhaps spring is in the wings waiting to return. 

image.thumb.png.04e503521dbb9b81976231969e79bc48.png

Edited by the storm fisherman

Posted

A crackin day here, wall to wall sunshine best day of the week for the half termers..meanwhile for the workers, outside folks lovin it, after yesterday...inside folks hating it .Check out th temperatures, wowzer 11.4°C at: 12:05...doozey

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

A crackin day here, wall to wall sunshine best day of the week for the half termers..meanwhile for the workers, outside folks lovin it, after yesterday...inside folks hating it .Check out th temperatures, wowzer 11.4°C at: 12:05...doozey

Same here now, very warm digging in the sunshine, quite happy for it to continue for as long as possible. Not sure I'm up for cold and snow now, spring is very appealing.

Posted

I’m feeling optimistic today. I have a feeling in my bones that we are going to see a sudden flip in the models later. 

This most likely wont happen. But in my little bubble I’m sticking to this theory until 5pm tonight when the 12z proves otherwise:yahoo::rofl:

Edited by khodds
  • Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, khodds said:

I’m feeling optimistic today. I have a feeling in my bones that we are going to see a sudden flip in the models later. 

This most likely wont happen. But in my little bubble I’m sticking to this theory until 5pm tonight when the 12z proves otherwise:yahoo::rofl:

I hope so Khodds, this is pushing even me to the point of giving up soon. It will be bloody April by the time this easterly arrives! :lazy:

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I hope so Khodds, this is pushing even me to the point of giving up soon. It will be bloody April by the time this easterly arrives! :lazy:

I seriously hope not!! I’ll be in tatters by then. Longest winter EVER.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

An easterly with a southerly source in April? I wouldn't say no, just not for more than a few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

a brief soft hail shower here

Posted

Interestingly met app shows easterly winds picking up quite a lot by Wednesday :ninja:

6D3AE077-CEAB-4891-979F-5E20C192B5CD.thumb.png.56e63e6d3214989f4beea277fb6c52a8.png

Thats a stiff breeze!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Interestingly met app shows easterly winds picking up quite a lot by Wednesday :ninja:

6D3AE077-CEAB-4891-979F-5E20C192B5CD.thumb.png.56e63e6d3214989f4beea277fb6c52a8.png

Thats a stiff breeze!

intriguing...

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Leon1 said:

intriguing...

I'll have a little bet it doesn't look like that at around 7pm tonight! :nonono:

I'm lowering my expectations now as I'm becoming impatient 

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

I'll have a little bet it doesn't look like that at around 7pm tonight! :nonono:

I'm lowering my expectations now as I'm becoming impatient 

Can we fast forward to then please... I’m bored sat waiting for my kids at the swimming pool

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
12 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Thats a stiff breeze!

yes a stiff breeze but temperatures still high! 

• Like 1