Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, khodds said:

Give me the run down on the latest then please.. I refuse to go into the MAD thread. And please don’t use the word March as I’ll cry ? 

Still a lot of scatter from the 19th but it seems to be trending down from there

A5E95D5A-8B21-4BF2-96CC-357DEF433FBF.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
1 hour ago, katemart said:

I grew up in Portswood and now I'm the other side of the river in Bitterne Park. I remember a few good (if short-lived) snow events in the 80s - my school always seemed to be closed because the heating would go down. So we'd spend the day rampaging on the common and skating on the lakes until we got too wet and cold. No websites or texts to parents back then!  ??

Wow! Yes the good `ol days before texts mobiles etc. Just back at dusk. 

The common was great for that, skating on lakes. I remember that boating lake and the concrete paddling pool too.

I remember the Mitre Pub and Maplins from Portswood and also worked over the at C.A.S typesetters for a while.

So true about the schools closing. Was exactly the same at Bellemoor school. and Hollybrook. 

Used to slide right across the playground at Hollybrook. They didn't put salt down back then so much. No health and safety either lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
14 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Remember these words followers of the gospel according to Karlos.. for he hath spoken...

All praise the M4..

Slander, you'll hear from my solicitor :nonono:

Posted

Yet another day of cold rain! How many is that this winter! So exciting (sarcasm) to have had 2 days in a row with sleet mixed in during the heaviest bursts!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

Not to far north with that block. Exciting,  nervous times, not for the faint hearted.  Snow will Probably go north, somewhere like ringwood:D:D

IMG_0566.PNG

Edited by That ECM
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
6 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Yet another day of cold rain! How many is that this winter! So exciting (sarcasm) to have had 2 days in a row with sleet mixed in during the heaviest bursts!!

If we took out the global warming factor, I wonder how many of this events would have been the right side of Marginal. It would appear 1-2c lower temperatures might be all that was needed.

Posted

Here’s my poem for the day, with some prudent advise

AB1CEB5F-B233-47A0-8E8E-57CA30B845E3.thumb.jpeg.7f054410fdf777ddc0082807015ee54a.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
1 minute ago, SteveB said:

If we took out the global warming factor, I wonder how many of this events would have been the right side of Marginal. It would appear 1-2c lower temperatures might be all that was needed.

Great post Steve,

I often wondered that myself too.

A definite warming has taken place over the years weather its natural global warming or man made but warming has happened. This has had a huge affect on our winters imho and by the amount you mentioned in your post.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

I’ve seen the difference 1-2°C makes on a few occasion this winter. Here it rained while not that far inland about 2°C lower and it snowed, albeit not much. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

It’s flipping cold here! The forecast said highs of 10c today. Nope, 6c so far and it’s feeling blooming cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 minutes ago, khodds said:

It’s flipping cold here! The forecast said highs of 10c today. Nope, 6c so far and it’s feeling blooming cold

It will go up. Slightly warmer 850's are moving in as we type. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Thanks @Mapantz not sure if I prefer it warmer or colder at the moment! My feet are like blocks of ice though!!

Just dipped into the MAD thread, I’m feeling a personal wobble coming on.. sigh... it’s all still 10-14 days ahead that the excitement begins isn’t it? When that timeframe reduces, I’ll start to relax.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm now being trolled by sticky note by a poster :rofl:

Image result for what a loser

anyone know if there is a way of blocking someone from sending you sticky notes and or PM's?  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
6 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I'm now being trolled by sticky note by a poster :rofl:

Image result for what a loser

anyone know if there is a way of blocking someone from sending you sticky notes and or PM's?  

CTRL + F4

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

CTRL + F4

that just turned my Microphone off lol

I can't believe i actually tried that :ninja:

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Now try ALT + F4

LOL

Related image

Stop trolling me :rofl:

Edited by karlos1983

Posted

Met office forecast looking good.

Dry, sometimes bright weather and light winds will predominate in the UK throughout next week, with increasing amounts of overnight frost. Rain or drizzle and stronger winds are possible at times in northwestern areas. Temperatures at the start of next week will be around average for the time of year, and probably slightly above average in the north. However, there will be a trend toward colder weather by the end of the week and into the following week, as winds turn predominately easterly. Wintry showers may develop,with the potential for some significant snowfalls focused on southern, central or eastern areas. The location and intensity of any snowfall will be uncertain until much nearer the time.

UK Outlook for Thursday 1 Mar 2018 to Thursday 15 Mar 2018:

In first week of March, it is likely to stay cold with widespread overnight frost. There will be a greater chance than usual of easterly winds, which would bring very cold weather at times and the potential for some snowfall in eastern and even southern parts. Unusually, it will probably be driest in the northwest. In the second week of March there are indications that it may become more changeable and less cold, with the wettest weather and mildest temperatures likely to be in the south or the southwest of the UK.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Wowsers. That’s a cracking upgrade in the MO mid range outlook.

Admittedly some uncertainty but not often you’ll see mention of “significant snowfall” that far out.

Judging from the text, maybe not quite so good for the north west but you can’t have everything I suppose.

Posted

The old man asked me yesterday “what’s the weather doing” so instantly with my guard up, just swerved the question and said yeah it’s set fair..... didn’t want to jinx any potential cold

little did I know he had plans today at his house

D55A8C3C-8DBF-4E3E-BDCA-351CC253EC97.thumb.jpeg.0ce0293d2029ce4e9903d10ff79dea24.jpeg

we just had an interesting conversation surrounding the definition of fair weather. :oops:

Posted

Another cracking day for gardening,soaked to the nadgers,ah,hope tomorrow is good for youth angling project,one pretty mum,one difficult child to teach lol

• Like 1