Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

They're software models.

If the y axis is model output/forum mood/trend in the count of netweather buddies reading the mod thread, & the x axis is time.

image.thumb.png.ae4d64c3c672faf317ebfe2627f43d8b.png

Key:

1 dot - Yesterday's Mod Thread

2 dots - Today's Mod Thread

3 dots - Tomorrow's Mod Thread

4 dots - What will happen

Note - 4 dots may move up, or down a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

When are they due back sweet? That makes every departure very painful for you :-(

They're back for a week in April but they won't be back until the end of the year which will be a bit crap. Getting back to topic...we always crave the weather we don't see much of (eg snow for us) and I have a lovely picture of my grand daughter with her face pressed up against the window when she saw rain for the first time :D

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

There's been some very varied weather over the past week. I've had some temperature ranges that are normally reserved for late March, early April. Strong winds and rain, followed by a frost in the same day. Hopefully it'll be below zero before midnight, tonight.

viewimage.thumb.png.592da75fa279123b563bb2b20f8d0f9a.png

It's getting like groundhog day here. Lovely frosty start with clear skies and an amazing sunrise followed by clouding over, rise in temps and moisture, rain moving through and temps drop, next rain band moves in and temps go up again. Rain and clouds clear and evening is fine and cold. And repeat.

Posted
21 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

The wife said to me this evening “it’s warming up I might put some plants in the beds this weekend ready for spring” I just laughed and said “ I wouldn’t advise that, and that, and you’re not allowed to ask me any questions”. 

Her reply, “oh great, we’re going on holiday then” 

shes going on her own, I’m not risking that! :nonono:

Karlos YOU OF ALL people, should know that the rants and raves of the MAD thread cannot stand up in any court of justice in this land.... Having seen charts that show deep cold and 3 days later double figures, I'd say go with your pocket....treat the family to a ......skiing holiday in Val D'Isere:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Much brighter later this afternoon although with the wind switching back to the NW it felt quite cold. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
9 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

I might take my gut feeling on to the MAD thread and troll there. This is just a warm up :rofl::rofl:

Better prepare yourself before you go in there. :ninja:

Posted

Never one to miss out on a Delboy opportunity,ive designed a SW Region tin hat for use ONLY in Loon City,its in club colours of course,those being brown and green,partly camouflage,partly the two colours we associate with Winter in here,dont worry such is the fear factor,there is only a short waiting list for use lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
4 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

*Blub* Me and the eldest mad cakes this morning :-) Just collected youngest from nursery (outdoor yurt nursery) she is a drowned cold rat so snuggled her up on thick blankies to defrost. Blankets and tv all round :-D We have a toot toot train set set up for later :-D

I know she doesn't like me and that's fine but it hurts that she doesn't want my babies at such a young age. They change so quickly. I guess realistically I'm mad expecting her to do something to my children that she didn't even know how to do with us - looking after emotional needs and playing etc.

It can be taken in 2 ways really - A good miss that they don't need to be under her negative bad influence or just really sad that they are missing out. Esp when she does see them they ask for her for weeks after :-(

Any way enough about me. Life is hard enough with no snow LOL. Valium anyone? ;-)

If there's one thing that life has definitely taught me it's that 'blood' family doesn't necessarily mean best. I've had my fair share of relatives, who for one reason or another, weren't the best. One thing you have to remember is although the saying goes 'you can't choose family', you absolutely can choose those you want in your life. You have your own family now and it sounds like you have a lovely, happy time together - that's the important bit. As for your girls missing out, well, yes and no. If she can't dote on them, be dotty with them and about them, then what are they missing out on? Not a lot. There are lots of older folk who are lonely, suffer dreadfully because they never had the children or grandchildren they yearned for and would love to have surrogate grandchildren to spoil. Maybe think about contacting Age UK, take the girls along to their social events, bet it wouldn't take too long before they had a nanny and granddad to dote on them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .
3 hours ago, That ECM said:

Now that's a last line you don't often read:D:D

IMG_0564.PNG

Showing my age here , but I remember that I the 1990s especially early 90S March was often v v cold and bitter . 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Ciderwithrosie said:

Showing my age here , but I remember that I the 1990s especially early 90S March was often v v cold and bitter . 

...the last line was cut short and what it actually said was... and even in the southern parts of the French Alps...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Oh well that’s gone and done it. The cats out of the bag. Ian F has just told the whole of the points west region that it’s getting colder  :nonono:

wont happen now then.

Posted
Just now, khodds said:

Oh well that’s gone and done it. The cats out of the bag. Ian F has just told the whole of the points west region that it’s getting colder  :nonono:

wont happen now then.

Oh for goodness sake some people can't keep a secret can they?:doh:

Posted
1 minute ago, Dorsetbred said:

Oh for goodness sake some people can't keep a secret can they?:doh:

Pass the gin and Valium, I need a lie down. :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

We need emergency Prozac in the mad thread STAT!!! :rofl:

Posted
4 minutes ago, khodds said:

wont happen now then.

Ruddy hell!!! 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, fromey said:

We need emergency Prozac in the mad thread STAT!!! :rofl:

They remind me of a bunch of hens in a coop clucking at each other and flapping their wings

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, khodds said:

They remind me of a bunch of hens in a coop clucking at each other and flapping their wings

The most bipolar group of people I have ever seen! Live and die one model run at a time 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I’m not going to waste my time posting in the Mod thread (for at least 10 mins). I was about to, but what is the point. Like kindergarten! Even if this cold spell doesn’t happen, which one set of operationals won’t be deciding, especially with this record breaking SSW, I would not behave like some are in there, it’s the weather, not life and death! 

Jesus H Christ! 

It would be a let down, but that’s life!

I’m more annoyed that I forgot to sort my rain gauge out, now it’s out into the dark I go :wallbash:

Edited by karlos1983

Posted

I just don't understand why anyone can get so bloody excited about the possibility of bitterly cold weather.  Snow,yes. But once the novelty dies off and you have to carry on every day life and your heating Can't cope, it's frankly crap! How they cope without meds when we get really exciting weather like summer storms, I do not know If they are frothing at the gums now :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Imagine the spurs fans on this forum, they’ve watched a crap 12z set of model runs, now they gotta watch their Team get smashed by Juve. :rofl: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I have my sister staying with me this week. She just told me that on the BBC weather, they mentioned something colder beyond this weekend, in to next week. Is that normal for the BBC? They've seriously put all of their eggs in one basket if they have. I've seen that go wrong on many occasions!

• Like 1