Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
2 hours ago, festivalking said:

Sorry to hear all that. Have a hug! As jethro says her loss but its annoying as the extra help always comes in handy.  One set of my little one's grandparents live up in dorset so they can not help out, thank goodness the other set are just down the road and willing to help. Little ones are exhausting you never know how much fun frustration and love will come your way when you have a baby. Opened my eyes alot! 

I just hope I can build a snowman with my one before the winter is out!

I know it's bonkers! 2 is definately easier in know what to do but sleep this time round has been hell! 1st self settled from 4/5 months happily. This one still doesn't now without me being in the room and shes bang on 2 1/2. Hubbys mum is in Blackburn so no use there lol. My mum is 2 miles away in the same town lol see more of hubbys than mine. People complain about not enough manuals for babies but i've found there are too many ;-) Scream it out or cuddle it out, titttty or teat, sling it or shove it in the pram lol. It's worse than a religion is parenting red tape lol. The biggest issue now is no time for myself. Eldest up at 7 but youngest doesn't pass out before 9-930pm so doesn't leave me much free time. Oh and she stopped napping at 18 months little monkey :-D

Eldest came back from up north last night. She had a inch of snow up there and they made a snow potty??!? Here look ... lolol ...

Snow potty.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

some mild ramping going on in the Mad Thread.... guilty as charged :whistling:

Smack on the wrists! 10 days too far ahead ... Haven't you learnt yet :-p

Posted
1 hour ago, Frosty hollows said:

I'd give anything to see more of mine but they're in Dubai. Hopefully at 15 and 4 months they won't recall they only saw me twice a year and I can make up for it when they return to the UK for good. Shame but it really is her loss Beka

When are they due back sweet? That makes every departure very painful for you :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
9 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

*Blub* Me and the eldest mad cakes this morning :-) Just collected youngest from nursery (outdoor yurt nursery) she is a drowned cold rat so snuggled her up on thick blankies to defrost. Blankets and tv all round :-D We have a toot toot train set set up for later :-D

I know she doesn't like me and that's fine but it hurts that she doesn't want my babies at such a young age. They change so quickly. I guess realistically I'm mad expecting her to do something to my children that she didn't even know how to do with us - looking after emotional needs and playing etc.

It can be taken in 2 ways really - A good miss that they don't need to be under her negative bad influence or just really sad that they are missing out. Esp when she does see them they ask for her for weeks after :-(

Any way enough about me. Life is hard enough with no snow LOL. Valium anyone? ;-)

Sorry to hear that. Alas with my brother and his family it is the other way around. Only wants to see my parents on their terms and when there is money to be had. He and wife and my nephew live abroad so they don't see their grandson - They never thanked my parents for money they gave them (and bearing in mind my parents aren't wealthy and elderly) ...  Anyhow, isn't there proverb like Nought so Queer as Folk or something?

very disappointing weather ...rain and rain and rain. From now on anyone mentions any scope of snow, its a lie. A big fat lie. We never ever can have snow here ever ever again ever. It isn't physically possible.

Gin on the other hand is guaranteed. I can forecast the next PPN filling my glass.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

what a day for my batteries to die on my rain gauge, apparently its been dry as a bone IMBY today :wallbash:

https://www.mendipweather.co.uk/spares-and-accessories/additional-weather-station-sensors/oregon-scientific-pcr800-rain-guage-for-wmr-series

Posted
1 hour ago, Ciderwithrosie said:

S after a very wet and blowy start the sun is now shining and after a brief lull in the wind it has now picked back up .

ive been out and about on the levels and the rivers are looking rather full and the roads are turning into small streams , so it's good to see that the lorries are out unblocking drains etc. If tomorrow is correct and it is rain then  we could be in for some " fun" 

Im really sorry storm force Beka that you aren't having fun with your mum . It is her loss but your children will know that yo love them very very much and that's all that counts . X 

Thank you. I'll send them your way! Inflatable boat rides at the ready??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I only replaced that a few months ago... will have a play later! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

Now that's a last line you don't often read:D:D

IMG_0564.PNG

• Like 2

Posted
26 minutes ago, Certain kind of fool said:

there is going to be a spectacular falling out in the MOD thread if this currently modelled cold spell fails to deliver. It doesn't matter how many times you say "a SSW doesn't mean blocking in the right place" etc etc. When people see what's being modelled at present then it can only lead to many tiny toys out of many tiny prams.

I've got to say that I'm not enthused by it all yet. It's still more than a week away (first person to spot the killer shortwave at t+120?!) for starters and there's a big difference between the beginning of February and the beginning of march (yes, I know what could happen if everything falls right but...well....).

I tend to take the "enjoy the ride" road and if it all falls apart, at least spring is just around the corner! 

Plus it's quite entertaining watching the fallout after a failed cold spell. :ninja:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

Imby because we are:D let's hope no block goes to far north. Just high enough for us to have a strong easterly and a few(greedy I know) channel lows moving from east to west. 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, That ECM said:

Imby because we are:D let's hope no block goes to far north. Just high enough for us to have a strong easterly and a few(greedy I know) channel lows moving from east to west. 

Yep, and low pressure not to be centred over Iberia please, or within a couple of days we will have a warm South easterly from the Med! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

There's been some very varied weather over the past week. I've had some temperature ranges that are normally reserved for late March, early April. Strong winds and rain, followed by a frost in the same day. Hopefully it'll be below zero before midnight, tonight.

viewimage.thumb.png.592da75fa279123b563bb2b20f8d0f9a.png

• Like 2

Posted

oh nooooooo, I only mentioned solar flare as a joke earlier, see post in Mad Thread

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/solar-activity/solar-flares 

Looking at all the scales and historical events, doesn't seem like a big deal though, but well beyond my knowledge to say with any certainty.

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
3 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

I hope @ajpoolshark doesn't look in the Mad Thread, because I'll get a telling off LOL :D

Oh no, what have you been up to now?.....I turn my head away for just a moment and you're up to your usual shenanigans :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
10 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

oh nooooooo, I only mentioned solar flare as a joke earlier, see post in Mad Thread

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/solar-activity/solar-flares 

Looking at all the scales and historical events, doesn't seem like a big deal though, but well beyond my knowledge to say with any certainty.

So if anything goes wrong we know who’s to blame. :diablo:

Posted
Just now, matt111 said:

I call that continuity :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
53 minutes ago, That ECM said:

Now that's a last line you don't often read:D:D

IMG_0564.PNG

whoever wrote that was also surprised at that last line - and "even" southern parts. Shame they couldn't add an emoji to the word even... which one would suit? .... :yahoo: or :nonono: or :rofl: or :crazy:

Posted
10 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Yep, we'll blame karlos1983's coronal mass ejection.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Karlos's coronal mass ejection leads to white stuff plastering the south.......no, no, no, not going there! :bad:

Posted

Oh dear so it begins in the Mod thread lol it’s all over before it started ?

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
11 minutes ago, Jason74 said:

Toys everywhere! Only popped in there for 2 minutes and three went whizzing past my head. 

back in the old days of NW it wasn't so bad, I'd occasionally get hit by the odd plastic toy soldier in there when the mood turned sour, it'd make you flinch but no lasting damage......but today?.....just popped in there, ducked the first time, and as I rose back up I got clumped in the noggin by a bloody xbox one, that hurt! :vava:

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Saw this and thought of you lot!

ive somehow signed up to giving up cake and biscuits for lent.. and I’m also not allowed to drink alcohol alone during lent (thisis all Works idea). Never tried giving something up for lent before, could be interesting! 

Happy pancake day!

94C02B99-65D8-4C13-B58F-59A8A1C715B3.png

Posted

Having just swum home the last mile from gardening /swimming/snorkelling....interesting to note the above quite bullish notes made about the possibility of cold weather,seems quite a lot of various colours are being pinned to various masts.Its going to be a major egg on face job in a lot of areas both professional and keen amateur if it comes to the normal conclusion.

• Like 2