Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Slow hand clap for the new BBC app this morning. Light rain all morning?

It's disgusting out there, so this is only the second time this winter when I'm not going for my morning march across the fields. Will have to have a row instead. That's row as in ergo, not a row with the Mrs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Foul morning, feeling cold and wet + very windy.

I notice the SSW is supposed to be doing it's thing over the next 10 days......... what could possible go wrong. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Seems like Devon / Somerset bore the brunt of that front. Accidents on M5 again closing motorways . 

Trees down and power outages , rivers on flood alert . 

Apparently after. A brief lull in the wind it's supposed to be increasing again and heavy rain and wind tomorrow according to the Met O. 

Not fun . 

By by the way SSW ? Stratosphere warming or a south south westerly ? Just asking . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

So are the models actually on to something or will they drop it like a hot potato later today do we think..?

Are we on a par like 2009 when the models suddenly flipped to cold and stayed there?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, anyone fancy swapping jobs today? I can't say I'm particularly enthralled with the prospect of gardening today, it's bleeding horrible out there.

Posted
3 minutes ago, jethro said:

Morning all, anyone fancy swapping jobs today? I can't say I'm particularly enthralled with the prospect of gardening today, it's bleeding horrible out there.

Let me see, working from home.... warm dry environment with ample warm drinks and food at the ready........Nah I’ll pass thanks

Posted
9 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Let me see, working from home.... warm dry environment with ample warm drinks and food at the ready........Nah I’ll pass thanks

Oh go on, rub it in! My will power to go out and earn a buck is waning, current thoughts are 'sod it, I'd rather be skint'. Trouble is, I then take a dip in the model thread and wonder....is it going to get REALLY cold, are we likely to have a few snow days too? There's even less chance I'll be enthralled with work if it's seriously sub zero, as for snow, well that's a play day, not work.

Decisions, decisions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
46 minutes ago, khodds said:

So are the models actually on to something or will they drop it like a hot potato later today do we think..?

Are we on a par like 2009 when the models suddenly flipped to cold and stayed there?

Probably wise to see another couple of days worth of water go under the bridge. The flip from the ecm in the last 24 hours wow! 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Probably wise to see another couple of days worth of water go under the bridge. The flip from the ecm in the last 24 hours wow! 

To be expected. It's pancake day. :reindeer-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Yes that ECM run is the best anyone down here can hope for. Again though 10 days away. Not interested until it hits 5 days away:pardon:

• Like 3

Posted

Confused......much talk of cold weather incoming, biggest SSW in recorded history, this is going to be epic, could be historical cold spell blah, blah, blah. All fine and dandy and I know it's too soon to tell with any real certainty, but....and this is what's confusing me. The models chucking out these epic runs also produce various charts for the same time period, the mad thread is full of charts with purple/blue/yellow/green blobs and they're all very pretty but then someone posts UK min temperature charts for the same period, they come up with -2/-3c for much of the country. That's not epic cold. Am I being incredibly thick? You don't have to give a kind answer to that....

Posted

Its not fair for Jethro to go out in this to her gardening work alone so im venturing out to do mine,now,final check.....inflatable wheelbarrow,distress flares,snorkel,wet suit,flippers[to move quickly between submerged flower beds]cheese sandwich....yep that's me about ready.....and away we go,for those indoors in the dry,please try and surpress giggling,it can be quite hurtful in these situations.

Posted
3 minutes ago, jy said:

Its not fair for Jethro to go out in this to her gardening work alone so im venturing out to do mine,now,final check.....inflatable wheelbarrow,distress flares,snorkel,wet suit,flippers[to move quickly between submerged flower beds]cheese sandwich....yep that's me about ready.....and away we go,for those indoors in the dry,please try and surpress giggling,it can be quite hurtful in these situations.

You'll be in my thoughts.....I've taken the 'be skint' option, it's absolutely bucketing it down here.

• Like 1

Posted

Well that's stuffed the gardeners loyalty society lol...anyway im am off out now,oh and yes I am nuts lol

Posted
6 minutes ago, jy said:

Well that's stuffed the gardeners loyalty society lol...anyway im am off out now,oh and yes I am nuts lol

SORRY! :give_rose:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

49mph gust and 22mph wind speed here, this morning. Very wet though, 13mm of rain, so far. BBC weather has me down for light rain, yet it is tipping it down.

Posted
1 hour ago, jethro said:

Oh go on then! I'll take it! You can deal with nappies, tantrums and stuck on food everywhere ... Oh and the eldest wants to make cakes ... Go!

Posted
33 minutes ago, jethro said:

Confused......much talk of cold weather incoming, biggest SSW in recorded history, this is going to be epic, could be historical cold spell blah, blah, blah. All fine and dandy and I know it's too soon to tell with any real certainty, but....and this is what's confusing me. The models chucking out these epic runs also produce various charts for the same time period, the mad thread is full of charts with purple/blue/yellow/green blobs and they're all very pretty but then someone posts UK min temperature charts for the same period, they come up with -2/-3c for much of the country. That's not epic cold. Am I being incredibly thick? You don't have to give a kind answer to that....

If -3c is for 1pm in the afternoon then yes that's epic to me! Impossible to get 0c here all day these days let alone sub 0 ... Bank for me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
5 minutes ago, ThundersnowDays said:

So far the front here has just been cold drizzle/light rain. 

It is absolutely tipping it down, cold rain as well, there worst kind  

Posted
8 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Oh go on then! I'll take it! You can deal with nappies, tantrums and stuck on food everywhere ... Oh and the eldest wants to make cakes ... Go!

That's exactly what I will be doing, off to see the grandchildren instead, far more fun. They're currently driving their mums nuts, to me it's all an excuse to be daft for a day, love it!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Every now and again I’m seeing what looks to be icey bits hitting the window ?? Sleety, it is very few and far between at the moment 

Posted
3 minutes ago, jethro said:

That's exactly what I will be doing, off to see the grandchildren instead, far more fun. They're currently driving their mums nuts, to me it's all an excuse to be daft for a day, love it!

Then your a better grandma than my mother! She only turns up when she wants something and demands our visit to her on birthdays or at christmas. So many times i've asked her to have the girls or just come and see them and it's always no thank you :-( Even when I was in hospital having an operation and she refused to help. Useless waste of space ... Any way moving along ... We are making a igloo cake ...