Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
Just now, jethro said:

Sod bootcamp, what matters would be the poor joy and devil may care attitude. It would make my day if any of my neighbours had that sense of fun, sadly they're all far too poe faced to ever do anything silly.

agreed, life's to short! in principle, however it might be ill advised given the diverse age range that live on my road, I'd probably get arrested :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

agreed, life's to short! in principle, however it might be ill advised given the diverse age range that live on my road, I'd probably get arrested :rofl:

Karlos put that snow cannon away dear :rofl:

Posted
8 minutes ago, jy said:

Well phase one of Err Indoors birthday treat proved to be a Wogans Winner,was dreading going to the Beaulieu Car Museum,however not only  did I quite enjoy it,saw the Del Boy reliant robin,but most of all saw falling snow ok 34 flakes but I saw it,great to see some spots got some so then.....IT DOES EXIST lol

You missed all the excitement jy.

I used to go out with a girl that worked at the Beaulieu Motor Museum.
She let me have a go on her Outspan Orange.

image.png.5f8e31de2fdc0b70e817ac6a911663a0.png

Posted
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Steer clear is my advice. There's posts on WXForum saying that they have gone through 4 or 5 of those stations, with continually failures, and connection issues. The only thing worth getting it for, is probably the camera. If you're going to spend that sort of money, you're better off buying the Oregon WMR300, or the Davis Vantage Vue. 
Alternatively, you could invest in this: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/weatherflow-smart-weather-stations

There's a delivery delay until April. It looks pretty good for what it is, and it's definitely better than the Bloomsky and Netatmo stations.

That weatherflow one looks good, that looks to be about £160 + shipping, if those prices are what it will launch at. Not sure when it will be launched.
Not sure how configurable the data is to put it through your choice also of software.

Had a wmr100 since Jan 2007 and is still working perfectly. Always used mine with Weather Display software. Have given it a clean once a year, mostly that spiders :) seem to enjoy it and do replace the batteries in the main units and rain meter every year. I checked the receipt and paid £169.95 for it. it has always matched The Davis station too, so know it has been accurate.

The Davis is great and also had a good ten years of reliable use, but always been too expensive in my view and off putting for many.

Edited by lettice

Posted

What a hoot jtay saw that today and laughed now heres the thing....saw 34 flakes today is it over the top to call it the Great Brockenhurst Blizzard of 18 for historical reasons lol

Posted
3 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Karlos put that snow cannon away dear :rofl:

Cannon does sound better than Pistol admittedly :ninja: :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
6 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

We'd have a whip round to stand your bail.

Posted
7 minutes ago, lettice said:

That weatherflow one looks good, that looks to be about £160 + shipping, if those prices are what it will launch at. Not sure when it will be launched.
Not sure how configurable the data is to put it through your choice also of software.

Yeah that had me wondering as it feeds data to an app, not sure quite how you would display that data, @Mapantz is good at this stuff, thoughts??

Posted
1 minute ago, jy said:

What a hoot jtay saw that today and laughed now heres the thing....saw 34 flakes today is it over the top to call it the Great Brockenhurst Blizzard of 18 for historical reasons lol

We once had the best closing time ever in Brockenhurst. Must have been the early noughties.

Got kicked out the pub at 11:30 to a fresh blanket of snow. Chaos ensued. :reindeer-emoji:

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Yeah that had me wondering as it feeds data to an app, not sure quite how you would display that data, @Mapantz is good at this stuff, thoughts??

Just seen in their faq that they offer this too, so that will make me happy.
There is also testing and working data transfer mentioned on the weather display forum.i

What other apps can I use to view my weather station?
We are adding new integrations every month. As of May 2017, you can view your WeatherFlow weather data on Weather Underground, weather34.com, Weather Display, and a couple others.

http://weatherflow.com/smart-home-weather-stations/frequently-asked-questions/

Also it mentions shared public access to your data
https://help.weatherflow.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005397948-Web-Access

Edited by lettice

Posted

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Borovets/6day/top

:clap:

Little does the resort know that they have a SCW coming to them soon. Otherwise know as sudden catastrophic warming :unsure2:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

So @karlos1983. About that EuraisiaGreenyScandiAtlantic High... mega cold spell?  :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, matt111 said:

So @karlos1983. About that EuraisiaGreenyScandiAtlantic High... mega cold spell?  :yahoo:

Think I might sit on the fence this time lol 

Posted

That said.... I’ve certainly got an eyebrow raised!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

Think I might sit on the fence this time lol 

I would wait for the usual cries from the mad thread of" we are going to get buried and this could be life threatening " before you pass judgement lol.

Posted

Refuse to be drawn in by these models. Too many times of being lead down the garden path only for it all to end in disappointment. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Surely nothing can go wrong now..... can it? :rofl:

Posted
5 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Surely nothing can go wrong now..... can it? :rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

rug.thumb.jpg.58936c71b8868f6569b40cc045e27504.jpg

I think Karlos learnt his lesson now.. :oops:

Posted
3 minutes ago, Nights King said:

:rofl::rofl:

rug.thumb.jpg.58936c71b8868f6569b40cc045e27504.jpg

I think Karlos learnt his lesson now.. :oops:

Oh I dunno, I’m sure when a cold blast is down to +120 I’ll crack ?

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, karlos1983 said:

Oh I dunno, I’m sure when a cold blast is down to +120 I’ll crack ?

Likewise but this time I swear I will not tell a soul about it until t24 :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Had an intense hail shower / sleet / snow this morning, then a fresh cold wind that made driving to Exeter a little dodgy. 

There was an almighty accident on a stretch of the M5 this morning which shut the motorway completely :( really horrific .aI did wonder if the weather had played a part as it was black ice in places but it seems like a very tragic accident not weather related . 

Half term this week and it looks chilly and unsettled . Only thing I like is that the light levels are increasing now and I'll turn my attention to the garden . 

The notso MAD thread ( the two day forecast output ) with JH and Knocker is a good thread to learn from and join in with . 

That seems  civilised to me. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Below freezing here. -0.4c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Jason74 said:

Refuse to be drawn in by these models. Too many times of being lead down the garden path only for it all to end in disappointment. 

Exactly how I feel !

• Like 1