Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
Just now, Nights King said:

You might see something but looks more likely the week im back :D is the start of possibilities if our SSW comes to fruition. 

yeah and if it does come along, I can't see it being a 3 day affair either! Your return date could well be just about bang on LOL 

Top planning :laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

yeah and if it does come along, I can't see it being a 3 day affair either! Your return date could well be just about bang on LOL 

Top planning :laugh:

Never heard of bloomsky before. Just watched promotional video. looks quite smart like a upgraded version of netamo?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I'm considering getting a bloomsky weather station, @Mapantz you seen these? Any view?

Steer clear is my advice. There's posts on WXForum saying that they have gone through 4 or 5 of those stations, with continually failures, and connection issues. The only thing worth getting it for, is probably the camera. If you're going to spend that sort of money, you're better off buying the Oregon WMR300, or the Davis Vantage Vue. 
Alternatively, you could invest in this: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/weatherflow-smart-weather-stations

There's a delivery delay until April. It looks pretty good for what it is, and it's definitely better than the Bloomsky and Netatmo stations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Never heard of bloomsky before. Just watched promotional video. looks quite smart like a upgraded version of netamo?

I like the fact it's all in one including the skycam!

£295 seems quite good value

EDIT: Cheers @Mapantz I will take a look, and steer clear of Bloomsky then :hi:

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I like the fact it's all in one including the skycam!

£295 seems quite good value

Yes thats the thing that got me looking. I want a weather cam. 

Ok cheers mapantz :hi:

Posted
5 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Steer clear is my advice. There's posts on WXForum saying that they have gone through 4 or 5 of those stations, with continually failures, and connection issues. The only thing worth getting it for, is probably the camera. If you're going to spend that sort of money, you're better off buying the Oregon WMR300, or the Davis Vantage Vue. 
Alternatively, you could invest in this: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/weatherflow-smart-weather-stations

There's a delivery delay until April. It looks pretty good for what it is, and it's definitely better than the Bloomsky and Netatmo stations.

I had the old version of the oregon wmr300 and had constant problems with sensors connectivity. Then I found it just started to perish and fall apart after 2 years :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Weathercam-wise, I find the Foscams really good. Great picture with loads of functionality. They're easy to implement on a webpage, and there's a good app to allow you to watch/control it wirelessly wherever you are in the world.£89 I paid for mine.

I only have mine set to 720p, as my internet upload speed is pantz. People viewing it would lag me if it was a higher res. It does go up to 1080p with a 4MB bit rate - quality is superb!

Screenshot_2018-02-09-14-57-56.thumb.png.a07a522bc4106ff87f94b5e75cb09d37.png

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

It really tried to snow in bath this morning (about 1 minute of heavy snow then back to a sleety snowy rainy mix) ?

Posted

If Tuesday plays out as per the GFS, there will be weather warnings issued for sure. showing nearly 2 inches of rain for southern coastal counties, with higher totals in the far southwest and south wales, nearing 2 and a half to 3 inches, all in 24 hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Despite being 7°C at the moment it feels much colder than that, the wind certainly has a bite to it. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, matt111 said:

Despite being 7°C at the moment it feels much colder than that, the wind certainly has a bite to it. 

Yup DP's have taken a tumble this afternoon as well! DP of -2c for me temp of 6.1C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
6 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

If Tuesday plays out as per the GFS, there will be weather warnings issued for sure. showing nearly 2 inches of rain for southern coastal counties, with higher totals in the far southwest and south wales, nearing 2 and a half to 3 inches, all in 24 hours!

Just imagine if it turned cold enough for it to be snow instead. Think the standard conversion rate is 10:1.......20 - 30 inches of snow. YES PLEASE!

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

. Alternatively, you could invest in this: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/weatherflow-smart-weather-stations

Are you venturing to try one of these, it looks ideal as it doesn't have a snowfall measure option so perfect for down here? I could be tempted,,,

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
Just now, jethro said:

Just imagine if it turned cold enough for it to be snow instead. Think the standard conversion rate is 10:1.......20 - 30 inches of snow. YES PLEASE!

I think I would run around naked if that happened to be honest! Although living in a cul-de-sac it might not be well received by the neighbours :ninja:

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

I think I would run around naked if that happened to be honest! Although living in a cul-de-sac it might not be well received by the neighbours :ninja:

One of the times you're glad it's going to rain....:rofl:

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

I would say 'what a shocking idea' but then I'd be being a hypocrite. Go for it, it'll make their day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
4 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

One of the times you're glad it's going to rain....:rofl:

Surely it’d be worth it if we had that much snow? :pardon:

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, jethro said:

I would say 'what a shocking idea' but then I'd be being a hypocrite. Go for it, it'll make their day.

I may be doing myself an injustice here, but I somewhat doubt that! Bootcamp's not going that well yet!! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hi Karlos

Could you post the high res chart for sunday into monday,the same time frame as you posted in the MOD thread

THX

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, suxer said:

Hi Karlos

Could you post the high res chart for sunday into monday,the same time frame as you posted in the MOD thread

THX

Here you go :hi:

Whilst we impatiently wait to see what the SSW delivers our little island, we will see nationwide sub -8 850's from Sunday evening into Monday... from a Westerly !! :shok: With it will be plenty of wintry showers!

gfs-1-60.png?12gfs-0-60.png?12gfs-2-54.png?12

That won't feel pleasant when you shut the door and head to work on Monday morning :cold:

Modele GFS - Carte prévisionsModele GFS - Carte prévisions

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 2

Posted

Well phase one of Err Indoors birthday treat proved to be a Wogans Winner,was dreading going to the Beaulieu Car Museum,however not only  did I quite enjoy it,saw the Del Boy reliant robin,but most of all saw falling snow ok 34 flakes but I saw it,great to see some spots got some so then.....IT DOES EXIST lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Whilst we impatiently wait to see what the SSW delivers our little island, we will see nationwide sub -8 850's from Sunday evening into Monday... from a Westerly !! :shok: With it will be plenty of wintry showers!

That won't feel pleasant when you shut the door and head to work on Monday morning :cold:

Modele GFS - Carte prévisions

Thanks-Should of said the zoomed in version like you posted the other day:hi: 

Posted

Modele GFS - Carte prévisions

I must remember to ignore your pretty pictures for another day.:D

Must resist Karlos stonkers :shok:

Posted
1 minute ago, suxer said:

Thanks-Should of said the zoomed in version like you posted the other day:hi: 

Have added precip type if that's what you meant. Not really too much showing for our part of the country it has to be said!

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I may be doing myself an injustice here, but I somewhat doubt that! Bootcamp's not going that well yet!! :rofl:

Sod bootcamp, what matters would be the pure joy and devil may care attitude. It would make my day if any of my neighbours had that sense of fun, sadly they're all far too poe faced to ever do anything silly.

Edited by jethro
typo
  • Like 2