Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms /Snow

Morning peeps..driving into work on M27 and signs flashing salt spreading....4.5C..and light rain...im pretty sure were not going to get anything wintry this morn or the temps are going to drop back down...do the gritters know something i don't.....precautionary measure in case of a snowmageddon shower or two....:cold::)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

All Radars seem to be having issues this morning ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

morning all....yes, some nice splodges of pink on the radar heading towards us....will they stay as snow or will the SSW (scorching south west) turn them to rain?.....not as cold here as forecasted overnight so thankfully no ice!

Posted

Morning all. Under a great big swathe of erm, pink on the radar. Window tells me it"s dry, clouds are breaking, temps are dropping and wind has eased. Last of the night's rain has passed over, but don't know if it's falling as snow as it moves east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Poured with rain last night so was very sceptical about the ice warning, seems they were right, everything here is icy. Better morning than yesterday though, blue sky and sunny :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Hands up who think this SSW QTR is not going to be the snowy nirvana we are all hoping for. 

Suspect our little island will be unfavourably placed to benefit from the potential rewards on offer.

Looking at the radar, I notice the welsh mountains & Bristol channel combo are doing their thing again:nonono:

Edited by SteveB

Posted

Someone must have had a word with Google.....it's all snowy this morning, obviously the clearest signal yet that winter is coming. Sod what the models say, the all seeing Google is on board for nirvana incoming.

• Thanks 1

Posted
34 minutes ago, SteveB said:

Hands up who think this SSW QTR is not going to be the snowy nirvana we are all hoping for. 

Suspect our little island will be unfavourably placed to benefit from the potential rewards on offer.

Looking at the radar, I notice the welsh mountains & Bristol channel combo are doing their thing again:nonono:

I've said this all along! But then I'm only going on a "gut feeling" :rofl:

Posted
19 minutes ago, jethro said:

Someone must have had a word with Google.....it's all snowy this morning, obviously the clearest signal yet that winter is coming. Sod what the models say, the all seeing Google is on board for nirvana incoming.

I dare you to post that in the mad thread...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Heavy sleet / hail shower this morning as i left for work. 

Plymouth heavy soft hail

Its a bit brrrrrr out there!

Posted
5 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

I dare you to post that in the mad thread...

Oh don't dare me, or say 'bet ya wouldn't', it's got me into so much trouble over the years.....

Done ;-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter- Cold, frost, snow. Summer- Warm and thundery.

Snowing in Beaminster.

• Like 2

Posted

Love it more snow about today than there was on the big snow day on Tuesday!! Good luck this morning as it might well peter out later! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

I have more chance of winning the lottery than that precipitation band reaching the Isle of Wight ? temps dropping here... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

When's this SSW supposed to be starting? I feel a little deflated after popping into the mod thread this morning ??

Posted

Second bout of snow currently from this little trough in NW Bristol. Wet snow variety so very unlikely to settle. Mesmerising as always to watch though I really should be getting on with some work :oops: crap photo but it's definitely white and fluffy. Wind quite gusty too. Temp 1.9

IMG_0191.JPG

Edited by Gas Ed
  • Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ashme said:

When's this SSW supposed to be starting? I feel a little deflated after popping into the mod thread this morning ??

I think over the weekend its progged for. But the effects can take up to anything from a week to 3 weeks and there is no guarantee that deep cold will find its way to these shores.

At the moment its all a bit of a fantasy I should think by this time next week we'll start to see if we have tickets for the lottery (i can see us getting 3 numbers so below average temps with cold rain but then again I've been awake most the night with my poorly 2 year old so after a good night sleep it might edge up to 4 numbers)

Edited by festivalking
  • Like 1