Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Stopped raining for now anyway, still feels quite cold even with a southwesterly breeze. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Ice warning ⚠️ out for tomorrow morning after the rain clears, could be slippy! With wintry showers following behind 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Fergie just replied to a tweet - My gut feeling is for a marked cold outbreak later Feb, but that's very different to a deterministic forecast;-)

I do home Fergie's gut feeling is right! 

Edited by John88B
M is worded
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, John88B said:

Fergie just tweeted - My gut feeling is for a marked cold outbreak later Feb, but that's very different to a deterministic forecast;-)

Not another Cat Stevens moment, John?:shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
14 hours ago, A Frayed Knot said:

One word ' Stunning . Love it .

Hard work though ' i have Marine set up here ... Love what you have though . If you add Fish ' Let us know what you add please .

Thank you!

I had 9 species of Tetra in it before I re-scaped it. I didn't want to lose them, so I set up a 200L community tank for them, downstairs. I used the same filter that I was using on this tank, so it was effectively cycled instantly. 
With this tank, I will do a fish-less cycle for 5 or 6 weeks, before adding some new fish. I was planning on just two species this time around;

mosquito rasbora

s-l300.thumb.jpg.fb7ae2bbb6829eb3129ea3aea5bd27c6.jpg

A group of those, and a group of cardinal tetra. Orange/red/blue will go nicely with the grey Seiryu rocks i'm using, and I'm hoping that they will shoal.

7 hours ago, bellanite said:

Looks lovely! I now have aquarium and weather station envy! Have a 120l commuity tank and a 65l breeding tank but l like that set up!

I love aquariums! I used to be very old-school with setups years ago, but I decided to delve in to the 'high-tech' world of planted tanks. So much has changed over the years!
I'm going to take a pic every Wednesday, so i can see the progress each week. :D

• Like 3

Posted

Ice warning and snow showers tomorrow,its shown dry for days...that's the birthday outing cocked up then lol

Posted
5 minutes ago, jy said:

Ice warning and snow showers tomorrow,its shown dry for days...that's the birthday outing cocked up then lol

Sod that. Tell them you're not doing anything because you're going to radar watch instead.

PS: I haven't forgotten your PM. I'm just a tad busy at the moment, but I will reply properly. :)

Posted

Deeds done Mapantz,like it or not im off to the Beulieu car place with the other old crocks,yes and thanks about the PM I am interested in the subject.

Posted
39 minutes ago, John88B said:

Fergie just replied to a tweet - My gut feeling is for a marked cold outbreak later Feb, but that's very different to a deterministic forecast;-)

No wonder Fergie doesn't post in the MAD thread anymore, a posting like that would get him reported for not complying with the guidelines. Meanwhile you tell everything is going down the pan when somebody like Fergie posts a   " gut feeling  "  with all that compute power and we are now running on gut power...

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

No wonder Fergie doesn't post in the MAD thread anymore, a posting like that would get him reported for not complying with the guidelines. Meanwhile you tell everything is going down the pan when somebody like Fergie posts a   " gut feeling  "  with all that compute power and we are now running on gut power...

Apologies if I shouldn't have posted Fergie's reply. The last thing I'd want to do is cause him any problems. I thought if it was a reply he had made on twitter for anyone to see, it wouldn't be a problem me posting it on here. Anyway if I've been naive I apologise and would delete it if I bloody could!

Posted
7 minutes ago, John88B said:

Apologies if I shouldn't have posted Fergie's reply. The last thing I'd want to do is cause him any problems. I thought if it was a reply he had made on twitter for anyone to see, it wouldn't be a problem me posting it on here. Anyway if I've been naive I apologise and would delete it if I bloody could!

You're OK, you're safe in this thread, we miss Fergie as he was a regular in here for some time, until the trolls got the better of him:rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

You're OK, you're safe in this thread, we miss Fergie as he was a regular in here for some time, until the trolls got the better of him:rofl:

Thanks. I remember when he used to post on this site. It was great to have his input on here.  I don't know exactly what happened, but more fool the people who drove him off here. Talk about shooting the messenger! Anyway Ian if you're reading this, it would be great to see you back.

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, John88B said:

Thanks. I remember when he used to post on this site. It was great to have his input on here.  I don't know exactly what happened, but more fool the people who drove him off here. Talk about shooting the messenger! Anyway Ian if you're reading this, it would be great to see you back.

I think the case was his information was being "ripped" and used elsewhere on the web, which then led him into some issues on divulging information. Gut feels of course are your own and hold minimal copyright and ownership, and most people feel free to share them..Mapantz @ Karlos correct me if I am wrong please. It's damned annoying to be honest as his posts were always well received in here. Mind you it's not the first time I have seen a professional weather person dragged out by the hungry wolves from this forum.. a sad indictment of the Internet I have to say..

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

I think the case was his information was being "ripped" and used elsewhere on the web, which then led him into some issues on divulging information. Gut feels of course are your own and hold minimal copyright and ownership, and most people feel free to share them..Mapantz @ Karlos correct me if I am wrong please. It's damned annoying to be honest as his posts were always well received in here. Mind you it's not the first time I have seen a professional weather person dragged out by the hungry wolves from this forum.. a sad indictment of the Internet I have to say..

Yep, unfortunately spot on. ☹️ 

Posted
32 minutes ago, John88B said:

His information was invaluable. Hopefully one day he'll make a return to these boards. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

The days when he joined in the banter on the sw thread first were the best :D

• Like 2

Posted

I agree, it's how people interact with anonymity of the Internet that permits this sort of things to happen.

Anyway, in my research, and combined with an earlier definition of SSW - I have have a new definition. Smoke Some Weed....might explain a lot of the comments we see at times within the MAD thread:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Chance of some snow showers into the early hours and morning friday... 

• Like 1

Posted

I so want it to snow it's so frustrating that they get the rain forecast spot on and the snow never materialise

Edited by Jacky Huggins
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
3 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

Ice warning ⚠️ out for tomorrow morning after the rain clears, could be slippy! With wintry showers following behind 

Edited it. :nonono:

Posted

Buried in hail on Tuesday, according to the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2634776

In all the years looking at the BBC website, I have never seen hail forecast like that! I can see a backlash from people over these forecasts.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

In all the years looking at the BBC website, I have never seen hail forecast like that! I can see a backlash from people over these forecasts.

Yeah it’s ridiculous actually. Watching the south today forecast it showed snow showers coming straight across wales and all the way to the coast.... but we know better than that :acute: mountains ⛰ 

Posted
Just now, karlos1983 said:

Yeah it’s ridiculous actually. Watching the south today forecast it showed snow showers coming straight across wales and all the way to the coast.... but we know better than that :acute: mountains ⛰ 

Yes I noticed that, I also saw ITV Meridian weather and that showed the showers fading over Wales. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

I posted something on the MAD thread about having a gut feeling about a storm. They laughed at  me and told me to naff off if I couldn't contribute something meaningful. I was right though :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter
6 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Yes we have a similar forecast for here, the strange thing is it's been showing hail showers for Tuesday for the last three days whereas usually at that range it chops and changes like crazy. Perhaps it's something to do with Meteogroup now providing the forecast.