Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

So how are our cold prospects then for coming week?  Not easy to view from the bar :gathering:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
6 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

So what is this gin thing going on in here tonight, I have a bottle of Conkergin and don’t even drink the stuff. Wiil it improve with age as I won’t ever drink it..?

Conkergin? Share it!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
5 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

So what is this gin thing going on in here tonight, I have a bottle of Conkergin and don’t even drink the stuff. Wiil it improve with age as I won’t ever drink it..?

Nice. Local Dorset brew. Many bottled? Small disterally. Might be worth holding onto.....nah drink it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
2 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

You have some and don’t drink it? ..noooooo...... ! .. it’s wonderful with any weather discussion :shok::good:

Posted
4 hours ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

People posting in the model output discussion thread about the SE all the time are clits in my opinion. Funny how people get bitter when I mention it and my post gets deleted.

Yup I had to read that 5 times before I realised you really did use that word!! LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
3 minutes ago, Nights King said:

So how are our cold prospects then for coming week?  Not easy to view from the bar :gathering:

You squiffed again?!

Posted
Just now, Polar Bear said:

You have some and don’t drink it? ..noooooo...... ! .. it’s wonderful with any weather discussion :shok::good:

Essential for MAD thread viewing :D

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Before the gin, I understood it to be colder, maybe some snow Tuesday, then maybe less colder, maybe not some snow, some ice, or not , maybe rain or not.. after the gin, it’s still colder, maybe not, maybe rain , maybe not... am gonna wait now til next week and just enjoy all you company.. as we wait :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

Just looking at the North Atlantic Synoptic chart, as published by NOAA, they have the Azores high moving South over the next 12 hours. They also have a load of fronts heading eastwards from the USA which look as though they will truncate the Northern side of the Azores high, thus allowing the colder air to descend further south as it crosses the UK. In other words, a greater risk of snow on our patch, here in the far South West. Looking good for Tuesday and Wednesday for snow from mid morning onwards om Tuesday for Devon and Cornwall but blocked by Easterlies for Somerset and Wiltshire as the cold front dies a death over Devon. Their synoptic will be worth looking at tomorrow lunchtime.

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, OldBloke said:

Just looking at the North Atlantic Synoptic chart, as published by NOAA, they have the Azores high moving South over the next 12 hours. They also have a load of fronts heading eastwards from the USA which look as though they will truncate the Northern side of the Azores high, thus allowing the colder air to descend further south as it crosses the UK. In other words, a greater risk of snow on our patch, here in the far South West. Looking good for Tuesday and Wednesday for snow from mid morning onwards om Tuesday for Devon and Cornwall but blocked by Easterlies for Somerset and Wiltshire as the cold front dies a death over Devon. Their synoptic will be worth looking at tomorrow lunchtime.

That would be a first..the further south west more chance of snow!!!! The gin is working well tonight..... quick nip as certainly helped my lurgy!

Edited by festivalking
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, festivalking said:

That would be a first..the further south west more chance of snow!!!! The gin is working well tonight..... quick nip as certainly helped my lurgy!

Indeed, whilst I’ll be dissapointed our pesky easterly will block our action in this synopsis, I’ll raise a glass to our Devon and Cornwall members if they get some snow. Fingers crossed. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

Tails are up in the MAD thread....peace restored.

• Like 3

Posted

Believe me Polar Bear, we will. Don't be surprised if you hear about the Scilly Isles getting a dusting if the current synoptic holds good. As I say, the NOAA synoptic will be worth a good look tomorrow lunchtime. Fingers crossed that the Azores high is pushed further South which looks a very good bet that it is.

Edited by OldBloke

Posted
16 minutes ago, khodds said:

You squiffed again?!

I'm approaching it :drunk-emoji: at least my drink always produces results unlike models :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Tuesday's snow risk looks like a pathetic attempt. The front decays rapidly as it moves East. I'd even make a bet that the MR NetWx model is being generous with precip amounts..

viewimage.thumb.png.f7cddb6553f413eabc3ea507c0c30e35.png viewimage2.thumb.png.b2096e10ed78aea335e18f9db39b8abc.png

8 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Tuesday's snow risk looks like a pathetic attempt. The front decays rapidly as it moves East. I'd even make a bet that the MR NetWx model is being generous with precip amounts..

viewimage.thumb.png.f7cddb6553f413eabc3ea507c0c30e35.png viewimage2.thumb.png.b2096e10ed78aea335e18f9db39b8abc.png

What are you playing at?? This isn't a place to discuss the weather! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
2 minutes ago, RAIN RAIN RAIN said:

I think that posts more suited to the MAD thread not the gin thread. 

Posted

The cold front off the Atlantic which arrives on Monday in Ireland becomes an occluded one. The cold air blocks the progress eastwards, so it slows down and for the most part sits over Devon and Cornwall and releases its energy. Should it move further east it will be a fragmented affair. Good news is, it will have snow on it but less the further east it goes. I doubt it will make London in any significant form. But this depends on tomorrow lunchtime synoptic. Fingers crossed.

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Releases it's energy you say?

viewimage.thumb.png.888bca2c0bdf1805433c9c9d429248af.png

Better get a shovel to dig your way out of that pixel!

That looks good a complete white out down south can't wait! :rofl::rofl:

Posted
29 minutes ago, RAIN RAIN RAIN said:

Looks like it breaks up over Wales to leave us the dry gap over Somerset as usual. 

Posted

According to some in the MAD thread the cold is coming.  Albeit the charts posted are anything from 10 to 16 days time but its coming.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

Was it forecasted to rain tonight? I can't work out if it's a bit sleety or just fine rain mixed in with the rain. Apparently it's 4° here (not got a weather station yet........)