Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
6 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Dull and wet for most of the day with mostly light rain. 

Would it be worth it if it delivered snow?

Oh yeah without question lol I don’t care for spring anyway. Not until Mid April and into May when we can get some heat and convective storms going 

• Like 3

Posted

Lol Jay :rofl: you’ll not be popular in the SE I mean Mad thread :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
7 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

What a load of rubbish. I hate this new site. How the hell are you going to get sleet at 9c LOL! Of even the minimum of 5 ... Ain't ... gonna ... happen ... The people who put those to together is totally havin' a laugh!

...hmmm. yeah i'm struggling with it i have to say..maybe a 'honeymoon' to get to love it?? we will see.

Posted

entertainingly, some posters in the last few days on the 'MAD' thread are still aligning BBC output with MET office?? Too busy trying to pin their tail to the donkey i expect. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
32 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Oh yeah without question lol I don’t care for spring anyway. Not until Mid April and into May when we can get some heat and convective storms going 

My thoughts too. Not a fan of settled Marches. Fortunately they're not that common. Wouldn't mind a March like 2005 or 2008 mind.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Starting early in there tonight are we? :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Ooh @Jayfromcardiff your posts are hilarious ??

Posted

I’m having a great time over in the MAD thread. I’ve found the silent but deadly report button...... 

dont worry, I’m not reporting any of you lot... us regionals stick together :friends:

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

Ignoring Spring really, it's a great time for convective rainfall at short notice..

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, khodds said:

I’m having a great time over in the MAD thread. I’ve found the silent but deadly report button...... 

dont worry, I’m not reporting any of you lot... us regionals stick together :friends:

Does this mean if you report somebody, they have to do "The NW MOD thread is for forecasting weather only" a 1000 times?

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

I keep popping into the MAD thread but only to read, never to post as I don't know enough. Man they're feisty in there! I'm right on the south central coast and I fully accept it's a few degrees warmer down here than the norm so I rarely expect to see snow. I think whatever happens happens and I look forward to seeing what that is. (Personally I could do without a cold snap as I have a pond full of frogs mating and I don't want their spawn ruined) :cold:

• Like 1

Posted

let's not get too obsessive in here too...there are some in the MAD thread who can intimidate...thats what this thread is good for surely? 

any hoo!...!...not convinced yet of any remarkable cold incoming...despite the MAD thread insanity! it has so far been a cool but unremarkable winter, as far as the conditions on the ground are concerned, for the South UK. Cant recall where but someone recently commented on the forecasters propensity to 'cover themselves' in case the reality was missed. well who can blame them in this litigious world we live in? however, they are still living off taxpayers money........ go figure.

11 minutes ago, khodds said:

Ooh @Jayfromcardiff your posts are hilarious ??

Posted
3 minutes ago, Somersetwatcher said:

let's not get too obsessive in here too...there are some in the MAD thread who can intimidate...thats what this thread is good for surely? 

any hoo!...!...not convinced yet of any remarkable cold incoming...despite the MAD thread insanity! it has so far been a cool but unremarkable winter, as far as the conditions on the ground are concerned, for the South UK. Cant recall where but someone recently commented on the forecasters propensity to 'cover themselves' in case the reality was missed. well who can blame them in this litigious world we live in? however, they are still living off taxpayers money........ go figure.

Ummm I’m not getting obsessive.. I’m taking the mickey.. sorry if I gave that impression. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, khodds said:

Ummm I’m not getting obsessive.. I’m taking the mickey.. sorry if I gave that impression. 

We all just have a laugh @khodds nothing wrong with that! Keeps us going! Ard work daan saaaf!

personally I think they are all off the rockers in there tonight! Very bizarre. 

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Purplepixii said:

I keep popping into the MAD thread but only to read, never to post as I don't know enough. Man they're feisty in there! I'm right on the south central coast and I fully accept it's a few degrees warmer down here than the norm so I rarely expect to see snow. I think whatever happens happens and I look forward to seeing what that is. (Personally I could do without a cold snap as I have a pond full of frogs mating and I don't want their spawn ruined) :cold:

The MAD thread has two flavours; One we are sane and looking at the weather 10 days out and estimating what might happen. Two: We are ....ing crazy and allow rampers to go ballistic should we see cold weather approach the UK...

Personally I see it as a good thread for 80% of the year for 20% it ain't worth squat , as people are so IMBY and offensive, it's worth leaving alone,because the personal aspect take over as opposed to the neutral approach, of what can happen.

Al,l the above does  not reflect on those who are in the SW thread as KHODDS has determined they are sane..

Of course the overriding important point is "As an individual I get to chose whether to read the thread or not..."

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

It's a shame the Mad thread is like it is. Some very informative posters don't bother posting in there because a select few who spoil it for everyone else. Apart from the odd light snow showers, I've had to sit and watch every one else in the country get plenty of snow ?. But I wouldn't go posting in the Mad thread about how bad this winter had been.

I'll just moan in here instead :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
13 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

We all just have a laugh @khodds nothing wrong with that! Keeps us going! Ard work daan saaaf!

personally I think they are all off the rockers in there tonight! Very bizarre. 

I came back in there to 23 new posts of which about 5 were worth reading. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events
Just now, SteveB said:

It's a shame the Mad thread is like it is. Some very informative posters don't bother posting in there because a select few who spoil it for everyone else. Apart from the odd light snow showers, I've had to sit and watch every one else in the country get plenty of snow ?. But I wouldn't go posting in the Mad thread about how bad this winter had been.

You've got a good point there SteveB - I remember there used to be some really informative posters and whilst I found some of it hard to follow I could get the general gist of what they were saying. Currently though it does seem like a lot of NIMBYs post there and opposing views are shot down in flames.  Hence why I prefer lurker mode :ninja:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I must have missed the mad thread stuff, has it been removed?......it doesn't look too bad in there ATM, a few different views on what the model shows but nowt too strong IMHO

oh, one thing though, not impressed with a couple of posts dissing the mod team.....As a former mod myself on here for several years, they have a difficult job, are all volunteers and do not deserve in the slightest some of the vitriolic remarks made either in their direction or by private message

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

oh, one thing though, not impressed with a couple of posts dissing the mod team.....As a former mod myself on here for several years, they have a difficult job, are all volunteers and do not deserve in the slightest some of the vitriolic remarks made either in their direction or by private message

Well said, it's a thankless task and they do a good job, just to be criticized by certain people. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
12 minutes ago, Purplepixii said:

You've got a good point there SteveB - I remember there used to be some really informative posters and whilst I found some of it hard to follow I could get the general gist of what they were saying. Currently though it does seem like a lot of NIMBYs post there and opposing views are shot down in flames.  Hence why I prefer lurker mode :ninja:

I guess you just can't help human nature, some people's glass is always half full, while others are half empty. It's best to just let them moan and when they do, add them to your ignore list. My list is fairly lengthy..... 

Posted
23 minutes ago, SteveB said:

And there you have hit the point, the MAD thread isn't the place to moan about how bad things have been, that's why we are here///listening and commenting CONSTRUCTIVELY...

• Like 2