Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Aaaggghh I’m going to Watford next Friday. I want to stay in the shire ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Tum tee tee tum :-)  No precipitation teehehe. Ah just our luck! ... I still ain't buyin' it!

*Off to mad thread*

You’ll be fine in there this morning. :good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
10 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Anyone else noticed how low the DP’s are today.. I’m reading 1c but it’s probably less than that as sensor is surrounded by Jasmine bush 

EDiT: must have cached on my phone from this morning, actually reading 3.c now

Same as here so that seems closer than 1°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

Tuesday, then Wednesday (more particularly for our region) and then Thursday night into Friday are our snow chances next week from Frontal snow, Wednesday is more Troughy coming down from the NW. 

We have our best chance for YEARS!! If your'e not sucked in now then you won't be even when the snow is falling LOL 

None of this M4 rubbish, it's not a marginal setup, repeat, not a marginal Setup. 

Thursday night into Friday is of particular interest to me if we can get it closer, because majority of the snow falls overnight, so much better for stickyness :D

I won't believe it until I see snow falling.....and even then I'll probably put it down to the waccybaccy....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

I only thought I'd ever see marginal setups for our areas, but for the first time in what seems like forever it isn't. It feels like heaven knowing that any precipitation that is going to fall will almost always be snow over the next week. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Remember the temps shown on those apps will be maximums! it will not be 4C when/if any precipitation arrives, not a chance!!!

If that front does hit our region, it's a snow event on Tuesday! 

Dp's - Check

Modele GFS - Carte prévisions

Precip - Check

Iso - check (conducive for snow)

MAX!!! Temps - check

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Remember the temps shown on those apps will be maximums! it will not be 4C when/if any precipitation arrives, not a chance!!!

If that front does hit our region, it's a snow event on Tuesday! 

Dp's - Check

Precip - Check

Iso - check (conducive for snow)

MAX!!! Temps - check

It better push in on Tuesday, don't want to keep waiting and waiting. Otherwise it will just been cold for a period then back to mild.

BBC (for what its worth) said snow events later in week, nothing about Tuesday..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
1 minute ago, Chevron12345 said:

It better push in on Tuesday, don't want to keep waiting and waiting. Otherwise it will just been cold for a period then back to mild.

BBC (for what its worth) said snow events later in week, nothing about Tuesday..

Because they are still unsure about the eastern extent of the front on Tuesday, still a lot of uncertainty regarding it.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Because they are still unsure about the eastern extent of the front on Tuesday, still a lot of uncertainty regarding it.

Yeah...think that's pretty obvious.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Chevron12345 said:

We've been waiting few years now, surely another week won't hurt LOL

The difference for me this time, is we are not looking at an undercut or channel low, or northerly that could be scuppered at any point by a pesky shortwave. Deep cold arrives from the east on Sunday, that's as good as nailed now. So maybe the Tuesday front won't make it, but right now it looks like it will. If not then the chances next week are rife. I understand the caution by some, but our chances are very good, no question about it. It's not inconceivable that we get 3 snow events next week. Decent ones!!

Posted
2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

The difference for me this time, is we are not looking at an undercut or channel low, or northerly that could be scuppered at any point by a pesky shortwave. Deep cold arrives from the east on Sunday, that's as good as nailed now. So maybe the Tuesday front won't make it, but right now it looks like it will. If not then the chances next week are rife. I understand the caution by some, but our chances are very good, no question about it. It's not inconceivable that we get 3 snow events next week. Decent ones!!

Lets hope. I must admit, I have never seen it snow and settle, then a couple of days later snow again on top......and again....well that would be incredible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

What a glorious day. Just had a word with the carpets of snowdrops &aconites, told them lovely as they are, they'd best enjoy their moment to shine as next week they're going to be buried. Taller snowdrops had a look of 'yeah right' about them, smaller ones did a Vicky Pollard 'am I bothered' but at least the aconites looked worried as they're only 3inches tall. 

Posted

What I want to know is what's happened to Matt Hugo this winter...... He's not posted on Twitter for ages and this is usually right up his street! And he used to be a contributor on the Forum.. Hope he's okay? :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm still yet to see anything exciting showing for my neck of the woods! To be honest, there isn't an easterly in sight, it's more from the north east before swinging back to the north. I said last night that something irked me about the modelling- some cold nights, but nothing that takes my interest as of yet.

Posted

Not an easy one to please is @Mapantz

Posted
Just now, matt111 said:

Not an easy one to please is @Mapantz

LOL, well at least we know we can head to a hill when he finally does get on board :rofl:

I admire your self moderation of expectations @Mapantz I'm totally screwed if this goes tits up! Won't be a computer or TV screen in the house without a crack on them! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

LOL, well at least we know we can head to a hill when he finally does get on board :rofl:

I admire your self moderation of expectations @Mapantz I'm totally screwed if this goes tits up! Won't be a computer or TV screen in the house without a crack on them! 

Funny thing is, looking at the wind barbs out until next Friday, they don't show a flow from the East once, for our location. Closest is NE. Precipitation can pop up at any time, admittedly. But, i'll plump for dry and cold with lots of cloud around for my locale.

Posted
2 hours ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

I only thought I'd ever see marginal setups for our areas, but for the first time in what seems like forever it isn't. It feels like heaven knowing that any precipitation that is going to fall will almost always be snow over the next week. 

Almost always lolol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

I only have a week.. :shok:

Posted
1 hour ago, Chevron12345 said:

Lets hope. I must admit, I have never seen it snow and settle, then a couple of days later snow again on top......and again....well that would be incredible.

I'm crying inside thinking about the impossible

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

So many stupid comments in the MAD thread, it's like a junior school class - everything from it won't snow to snowmageddon. I think my time in over there will be very limited.

Haven't seen repeated settling snow falls with little or no thaw between in this country since 2010, as I lived out of the country in 2013. I'm personally hoping for a light snowfall on Tuesday (travelling too much next week for disruptive snow), before a proper dumping later in the week in time for the weekend.

• Like 1

Posted

The train has definitely come off it's tracks in the Mod Thread, huge derailment! I'll give up i think until a Mod comes in and cleans up the mess :nonono:

• Like 1